• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Ghostbuster (Sleuth finds the truth..just in time for halloween lol)

Ezechiel

Paranormal Adept
Sleuth finds the truth in ghost stories - Cosmic Log

Paranormal investigator Joe Nickell has busted a lot of ghostly myths over the past 40 years — but the spookiest part of his job comes when he actually catches a ghost red-handed.
No, we're not talking about spirits of the dead: These "ghosts" are hotel clerks who flick the lights to keep the guests talking about the place's ghost story. Or a mischievous child who plays tricks on his parents. Or maybe a camera crew catching weird-looking "orbs" floating through the frame — orbs they didn't notice until they looked at the pictures later.
"Much of what so-called ghost hunters are detecting is themselves," Nickell, the author of "The Science of Ghosts," told me this week. "If they go through a haunted house and stir up a lot of dust, they shouldn't be surprised if they get a lot of orbs in their photographs."

Good article :)

Good post Ezechiel. The one thing I would like to add is that although I agree with most of what the author says, I do believe there is phenomena associated with apparitions that cannot be so easily explained. Recently one of our other posters here ( Sandanfire ) detailed his own sighting. I couldn't come up with a mundane explanation for his observation other than that he may have been the victim of a hoax. But he insists that there could not have been any hoaxing going on and even became quite upset at the idea. I've also seen one myself, and there is a whole story that goes along with it that is probably too boring for most people here to want to bother with. But I'm just as critical with myself as I am with others, and I have no mundane explanation for the so-called haunting I ( we ) experienced.

Back