• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Dracula/Star Wars/Lord of the Rings Actor Dies

Christopher Lee was the only cast member of LOTR to have met J.R.R. Tolkien in person (he met him in a pub.)

The Eagle & Child in Oxford I believe. I've been there several times too, though I failed to meet either Christopher Lee or J.R.R. Tolkien.

I'm in a slightly maudlin mood today as I spent part of it digging up my garden whilst listening to The Paracast's roundtable tribute to John Keel (which is some fantastic radio if you haven't heard it) and the mood that conveyed was one of a golden age slowly ending and the news of Lee's death has done nothing to assuage this. Even if I did spend a huge part of my life confusing him with Vincent Price...

Like dead UFO cases that keep coming back to life, you just can't kill a vampire. He'll be back.
dracula+crypt.jpg

Back