• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Donald R. Schmitt

Then they must have been edited out from the version i listened to.
Two from Goggs and that was it.

Given

Tom Carey and Don Schmitt have just published a groundbreaking and definitive book about the Roswell Incident that—incredibly—is full of new revelations and new research of the very highest order

For years, there have been claims that various technologies such as Velcro and night vision equipment were back engineered from alien designs. But there was never anything definite to prove such claims.
Incredibly, Tom Carey and Donald Schmitt have found smoking gun proof that one certain substance that was found in the Roswell debris HAS been back-engineered and is now on the market and being used in some of our most sophisticated projects.

Listen as they describe this material, what it does, and, above all, why they are sure it started with Roswell. Their research is very thorough and convincing, presented at a high level of credibility. This is really exceptional information.

Read the original source: http://www.unknowncountry.com/dreamland/two-worlds-greatest-experts-tell-us-about-real-area-51#ixzz2fh1e7Fuk

I think you missed a chance to ask some really valuable questions in this one

The authors allegedly claim smoking gun proof of a substance from Roswell thats now been back engineered, and we got confirmation of an Independance Day sequel and a discussion about Brent Spinners long hair.........

Last edited by a moderator:
Let me be more specific now that I'm fully awake for the day: Chapter 4, "Reverse Engineering the Memory Metal," briefly discusses Corso and the claim of reverse engineering night vision goggles and such in a dismissive fashion. Most of the chapter covers the so-called memory metal recovery, basing the research on the work done by Anthony Bragalia. I'm not sure it's necessarily a smoking gun, though. The chapter makes an attempt to tie things together, but ends up envisioning events and circumstances for which there is not really much supporting evidence.

Great guest !

Rumsfeld: 'You don't have a need to know'
Hynek: Right... I'm only in charge of project blue book !

In that context, 'You don't have a need to know' is very telling on what was expected of Hynek.
26746.jpg

Your job is to keep the genie in his magic lamp damn-it ! :D

Its a mad quest to find the magic lamp (battered ufo) where area 51 is now Wright field and then somewhere else. To unleash the flying carpet and discover if the US is really by the people for the people or harboring two separate civilizations operating under separate technological frameworks.

The genie warns: 'beware of what you wish for' . All of this is really a modern version of Aladdin and his magic lamp all over again except that we're all in the mind blowing tale ;)

Last edited:
I wish you would have brought up Schmitt's employment and education fibbing as well as his fallout with former partner Kevin Randle (Schmitt said Randle was a government agent.) That would have for some enlightening conversation.

Should ask him how soon a piece of memory metal would last in his possession before a government goon confiscated it in the name of national security. My guess is he is tailed by agents every time he does an interview. The stuff is probably safer with family members for now.

It seemed he was arguing against that based on the question I raised on the Corso connection. Did you notice?

Yes i did Gene, i was struck by what seemed to be a totally different sentiment from the one expressed over at UC.
It almost seemed like he was just playing to the audience with a differnt tune for the two camps.

Very odd when over at UC the story is

Incredibly, Tom Carey and Donald Schmitt have found smoking gun proof that one certain substance that was found in the Roswell debris HAS been back-engineered and is now on the market and being used in some of our most sophisticated projects.Listen as they describe this material, what it does, and, above all, why they are sure it started with Roswell. Their research is very thorough and convincing, presented at a high level of credibility. This is really exceptional information.

To me this single facet of data is the most significant area we could have explored.

If as claimed they have smoking gun proof of a substance found at roswell, with reasons why they are sure it came from roswell. Thats a significant bit of info

I was very confused by the change in sentiment, it seemed like they played to the believer crowd at UC, and then took a skeptical more guarded approach at the Paracast.

As i said playing to the audience or so it seemed.

Well, I read the book, not the publicity poop, and I didn't see the chapter on reverse engineering as passing the "smoking gun" test, that some modern "memory" alloys may have their origins on a crashed spaceship from outer space. Indeed, I thought that was a lot of fluff but very little substance, which is why we didn't make so much of a deal of it.

The Hynek-Armstrong possible collaboration, if true, was intriguing. Any other evidence -- whatever the quality -- of Armstrong's interest?

" I wish you would have brought up Schmitt's employment and education fibbing ...." <--- To each his own. For me, the man admitted it. No reason to continuously rub his nose in it. My guess is that most of us have made mistakes. Of course, he'll always be under a higher level of scrutiny because of it.

I wondered if Phil Imbrogno would have been given a pass just because he appeared on a previous episode.

Nobody gets a pass. Schmitt has already explained this matter, and I do recall mentioning it on his previous appearance on the show (maybe my memory is wrong, but that's what I recall). His transgression was nowhere near as drastic as Imbrogno, who basically fabricated most of his educational and military background.

My memory is that his partner, Tom C., replied to the effect that nobody is perfect, etc.
To me it would actually be boring to ask him about it yet again. I didn't even think it was necessary to ask about it in the previous interview. So, Gene, if you ask him about it again I'll complain about the boring interview! ;)

Again, for me, rather than the 'personal attacks,' there was an opportunity to perhaps pry open a door or doors for investigators vis-a-vis the possible Armstrong connection. Does Armstrong have 'papers' that someone might go through? Does Hynek have correspondence from Armstrong? Why -- if he was -- was Armstrong interested? Where might Armstrong have suggested inquiry? Keep causing those anecdotes to come to the surface, but follow up with them!

Last edited:
Assume Phil I. puts out a statement that he lied about 100 things and is in counseling about his problem(s). Assume, too, he reads his statement aloud in his first five interviews. Given those assumptions, I would hope even the Paracast would move on to paranormal (for me, only UFOs) issues.

Along these lines, if the Paracast interviewed Bill Moore, I'd prefer that the limited time available be used for bringing Moore's research to light.

I believe you. I've not read any of his books. Sadly, I'd approach most of his assertions with skepticism and would have difficulty relying on them without double-checking what might be double-checked. Sadly.

Back