• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Don <-> Klass Debate in Denver 1992

uforadio

Paranormal Adept
Hi Don.

Do you maybe have in any digital format (audio or video) your debate with Phil Klass in Denver back in 1992?

Source: http://darkmattersradio.com/?tag=don-ecker&paged=6

--- snip ---

In 1992 Parnet/MICAP (MICAP was begun my Mike) flew me and Klass into Denver. There was surprisingly quite a bit of publicity given this event on local media. Also, another old friend, Russ Estes was there to film this debate.

--- snip ---

The debate itself became very infamous because of something Phil Klass alleged. We were discussing several then well known UFO events and the case of Fredrick Valentich was raised. (Valentich on Wikipedia) Klass claimed that Valentich was smuggling drugs because he had 4 life preservers on board his aircraft. I landed on Klass Hard in the debate. This totally unsubstantiated claim by Klass was eventually discovered by Valentich’s family who were rightly outraged. Mike Corbin made all this possible and Russ captured all this for posterity.

--- end of quote ---

Amazing. I am trying to find Klass's comment about Valentich-Smuggling Theory for a long time in any digital form. This one must be priceless moment and it would be a important piece in the archives for the future reconstructions of the UFO debate.

Just checked my Corbin archives to see did he maybe use audio of that debate in any of his PARANET CONTINUUM shows but unfortunataly he didn't.

Best Wishes

Giuliano

UFORadio,

I thought I might have a digital copy of that debate but did not find one. I may still a video tape of it but would have to search for it. Let me check around and see what I might come up with.

Decker

UFORadio,

I thought I might have a digital copy of that debate but did not find one. I may still a video tape of it but would have to search for it. Let me check around and see what I might come up with.

Decker

Thanks so much Don for trying to locate it. I am shocked that he actualy tried to push smugling theory in such public event.

That recording is probably a hidden gold and most researchers would probably find it very interesting from present perspective (and debunkers could learn a few things too :)

Best wishes.

Hi Decker ,
Have you got any earlier interviews with Mr Ingo Swan?

Blowfish, I never did interview Ingo. I tried to get him on the show ... along with some other stuff but he was never interested. I found him fascinating and was always sorry I could not make that happen.

Decker

Don, I would love to hear the Klass interview. I frequently wondered if KIass really believed his own dogma. Has anyone interviewed, or attempted to interview, Hal Puthoff? My drive to work used to take me by his storefront business and the urge to 'drop in' was sometimes very strong. Of course, I never did.

Don, I would love to hear the Klass interview. I frequently wondered if KIass really believed his own dogma. Has anyone interviewed, or attempted to interview, Hal Puthoff? My drive to work used to take me by his storefront business and the urge to 'drop in' was sometimes very strong. Of course, I never did.

Hi Boomerang. Maybe I can try to help you with that as interviews with Ingo are rare. I had similar request few weeks ago from Grant Cameron as he was searching for one specific show with Ingo that I had in archives. So that one is already online as I shared for him. Here is the download link for you:

Dreamland-Dec10-1995-Ingo.Swan-UFO.mp3
http://www.adrive.com/public/000e701110b94e28823c9183cae244ce14127a2b45909ad0e6ec1d411c84bc85.html

Here is also download link for rare video documentary from my archives. It is from 1993 where Ingo is also featured:
It is converted from VHS source and with croatian subtitles so the quality is not so good but it is hard one to find it:
1993-The Real X Files-America's Psychic Spies
http://www.adrive.com/public/5246cd17b123fe553a134f6928c4525a1338b7c7a6b1a4c6f87eeed39908277e.html

On the same note - This is the result of search inside my archives on other Ingo's and Hal's interviews - let me know if you will be interested in any of those:
Coast to Coast and others: (lots of doubles because of reruns but probably all can be boiled down on those)

AUDIO\C2C\2000\03\03-30-2000 - Ingo Swann - Remote Viewing Penetration\

AUDIO\C2C\2002\05\05-15-2002 - Ingo Swann & Paul H. Smith\

AUDIO\Shows\Compilation\Remote View\Art Bell - Ingo Swann [remote.viewing] -3-30-2000 (116.50)

AUDIO\Shows\Compilation\Remote View\Paul H. Smith & Ingo Swann on 21st Century Radio, 2006.mp3

VIDEO\101-150\130\Remote View\Ingo Swann\Ingo Swann - Human Super Sensitivities and the Future - IRVA 2006.avi

AUDIO\Classics\Audios\Presentations\Puthoff.mp3

VIDEO\101-150\123\UFO\OSEN Presents New Energy Witness Testimonies\06 - Dr. Hal Puthoff.flv

VIDEO\Documentaries\Unsorted\NIDS Scientists\Hall Puthoff.rm

I think I also have somewhere uncut video interview with Puthoff recorded in Amsterdam from 5-6 years go. He was interviewed by state TV for the show where I am working - so even if I don't have it at home I could get it if you will need it badly (but in that case you will have to wait for few months as now TV seasons are over because of summer pause).

Best Wishes
Giuliano

---------- Post added at 02:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:47 PM ----------

This is addendum from my previous post. Those are the notes that Grant sent me about that Dreamland interview with Ingo that he requested me to locate it (download link for audio is above in previous post). As audio quality of that Dreamland interview is bad (I think it is converted from audio tape) this could help to make audio in question less garbled - pasted below:

Ingo Swann talks of an incident that occurred between 1975 and 1976 when he was asked to remotely view Soviet submarines:*
‘This was one of those “big test” things that went on, with witnesses, and the room was filled with top brass. Oh my God! Hal, I don’t know what to do. I think that this submarine has shot down a UFO or the UFO fired on her. What shall I do? And Puthoff was as pale as anything you know, and he looked at me and whispered, “Oh Christ! It’s your show. You do what you think you should do.”

So I sketched out this picture of this UFO and this brass (two or three star general) sitting on my right grabbed it and said, “What’s that, Mr Swann?” I said, “Sir, I think it’s rather obvious what that is.” And he took the paper and stood up, and when he stood up, everybody else stood up except me and Puthoff, and he walked out of the room, and so did the others. So Puthoff and I went back to the hotel and I said, “Oh Christ, we’ve blown the program.” So we went out and got drunk on margaritas and things like that. Three days later Puthoff got a call. The call said, “OK, how much money do you want?”’
* Ingo Swann interview on ‘Dreamland’ transcribed organization, University of Wisconsin, 12 December 1996. Quoted from ‘Remote Viewing and the US Intelligence CommunityArmen Victorian (Lobster magazine June 1996 No. 31)

Back