• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Don Berliner, August 10, 2014

Thanks Gene , Chris and Don,
For taking the time to ask the questions and Don for being a great bloke for answering!
Roswell first and all should be looked at as criminal investigation as mention by some researchers . The fact US civilians were given the riot act and suppressed their civil liberties under the US constitution. Secondly, the lack of paperwork regarding so called incident which smells of a coverup (normally there dead bodies most likely ) rather than a outer space visitors mind it could well be both. Thirdly, this is more likely just tip of the iceberg regarding cover ups of experimental or chemical testing on groups. Wonder if Admiral Brdy vist Roswell during that period?

Referencing Roswell...

One thing that just boggles the mind at this point after Mirage Men and Richard Doty 'on camera' is that Doty and other Air Force OSI agents had already launched a Roswell disinformation campaign injected into Moore and others. Doty said this started in the late 1970's, so Air Force OSI was promoting the ET Roswell crash with dead ET's and a surviving ET that was "interviewed" -meaning alive!

I don't understand how anyone can just ignore that solid information 'on camera' DIRECT from A MAJOR PLAYER in the start-up of Roswell Disinformation in the late 1970's. Bizzare! How do we know that Moore and everyone else involved were not just hoodwinked by Air Force OSI propaganda? Greg Bishop has written a book about this too.

Doty's real life involvement and official OSI interference during that time was known to Moore, Bennewitz, Valdez, LMH, and many others too! WTF guys???

Referencing Roswell...

One thing that just boggles the mind at this point after Mirage Men and Richard Doty 'on camera' is that Doty and other Air Force OSI agents had already launched a Roswell disinformation campaign injected into Moore and others. Doty said this started in the late 1970's . . . .

I don't understand how anyone can just ignore that solid information 'on camera' DIRECT from A MAJOR PLAYER in the start-up of Roswell Disinformation in the late 1970's.

I don't understand how you can take Doty's word seriously. He's a known disinformation agent, as you yourself recognize. Disinformation agents are liars. What makes you believe that Doty is telling the truth now?

Btw, Mirage Men was written, and then produced as a film, by disinformation agents in the UK, with assistance from the CIA.

I don't understand how you can take Doty's word seriously. He's a known disinformation agent, as you yourself recognize. Disinformation agents are liars. What makes you believe that Doty is telling the truth now?

Btw, Mirage Men was written, and then produced as a film, by disinformation agents in the UK, with assistance from the CIA.
Neither of the two main makers of that book and film have anything to do with the dirty work of disinformation. Just because the book author Pilkington "exposed" many crop circles to be Human made you have gotten perhaps "paranoid" he is somehow a disinformation agent. Both these people are "creative freaks" interested in mythology! They want to know why people believe in certain things.

It just so happens, like most of us here on the forum, we have a very deep interest, if not obsession, about these topics too! You and I both know the UFO field is filled with Hoaxing, and a certain amount of crop circles are Human made too. I don't even think there is much effort "to hoax" ET did it w/crop circles anymore, since most farmers are going to blame Humans for doing it in the foreseeable future.

Both those people have no military or secret agent or black ops backgrounds or close associations with such agencies. They're too young, not long out of their studies at university, and too weird to do that! :D

Regarding Doty: He did this back in 1979 (possibly before that too), so this is not something new!!! This was the agenda for Roswell back then. Friedman & Moore got sucked into the plan as "useful assets", and I wonder who else was tapped to do this too? Bennewitz and LMH were duped too.

If Doty is lying about Roswell, as you say, then A.F. OSI got everyone on-board in the '70's-80's with the lie that ET crashed at Roswell, dead ETs, one live ET, etc. Soooo, that means the Air Force was using this ET crash as a cover for something else they're hiding!!! They don't [faux] "lie" by using the absolute truth they're trying to hide!!! Understand, please, the incredible stupidity of doing that!

No! That is NOT how disinformation is done or will work...

Last edited:
Great show and Don was an interesting no-nonsense guest. As I am so into the subject of UFOs, I really value getting history and tales from the horses mouth from people that were involved back decades. I love how Don weedled his way into getting his hands on some UFO reports - good man!

I would imagine that Don would have plenty more to say on many aspects of the subject and I am sure we didn't hear the half of it, so that being said, I'd easily vote for a return visit in the future. Thanks to Don for coming on.

I'd also like to add a note about Kev (Blowfish) - great questions and I would recommend you as a future listener roundtable guest?

Neither of the two main makers of that book and film have anything to do with the dirty work of disinformation.

And you know that how?

Just because the book author Pilkington "exposed" many crop circles to be Human made you have gotten perhaps "paranoid" he is somehow a disinformation agent. Both these people are "creative freaks" interested in mythology! They want to know why people believe in certain things.

There's so much that has gone on over there that you seem to be completely unaware of. The 'creative freaks' you refer to are not 'interested in mythology', they're interested in persuading people that everything is mythology. They've been busy for several decades in the fields and in other venues -- books, articles, films, gossip exchanged at The Barge Inn in Wiltshire, and manipulation of The Crop Circle Connector Forum, action central in discussions of UK crop circles for over a decade, now shut down -- undermining their readers/followers/dupes' confidence that humans can rely on their own minds in discerning reality from fantasy in general.

Both those people have no military or secret agent or black ops backgrounds or close associations with such agencies. They're too young, not long out of their studies at university, and too weird to do that!

They're in their 40s and 50s by now. They're not weird; they're cynical. If you want to understand what's gone on over there, begin by reading Colin Andrews's most recent book, Government Circles.

Regarding Doty: He did this back in 1979 (possibly before that too), so this is not something new!!! This was the agenda for Roswell back then. Friedman & Moore got sucked into the plan as "useful assets", and I wonder who else was tapped to do this too? Bennewitz and LMH were duped too.

If Doty is lying about Roswell, as you say, then A.F. OSI got everyone on-board in the '70's-80's with the lie that ET crashed at Roswell, dead ETs, one live ET, etc.

Why did they do that? And why do some of them now 'confess' to having done that?

Soooo, that means the Air Force was using this ET crash as a cover for something else they're hiding!!!

What's your evidence for that?

They don't lie with the absolute truth they're trying to hide!!!

How do you know?

Understand, please, the incredible stupidity of doing that!

How was it stupid if the result of it and the disinformational sequence to it have left the Roswell subject in total ambiguity in the minds of most people? Listening to these people is like trying to have a rational discussion at the Mad Hatter's Tea Party.

I think it is.

Last edited:
Gene I think this speaks very well of you that Don agreed to this interview. I really liked his logic and his straight forward way of looking at things. Don was a great guest and you guts did a great interview. Chris I agree that the United States government is in your service and that you are paying for the information that your government collects or creates. Therefore it has no right to keep any information from you and give to a private individual or company.

The most interesting aspect of the interview was Berliner's segue regarding Robert Bigelow. According to Berliner: Bigelow was funding research into UFOs and caused the experts he was funding to defect after Bigelow started using a heavier hand. Basically, Bigelow explained that UFOs and after-life consciousness are interrelated and tried to steer the group's research in that direction. The group did not (or could not) understand the connection Bigelow was attempting to draw, so they quit.

Granted that this was one of Bigelow's early forays into funding UFO and paranormal research (and so one must be careful about jumping to conclusions based on this episode alone), Berliner's account lends credence to the idea that Bigelow might know or suspect that UFOs are demonic phenomena--which is to say, phenomena of discarnate preturnatural intelligences. It can be easily inferred that Bigelow wishes to somehow harness the UFOs in order to communicate with--or, more likely, retrieve--his deceased son. It is very likely that the entire Bigelow space enterprise is a hugely expensive act of misdirection intended to dupe the public into thinking that Bigelow believes UFOs are an extraterrestrial phenomenon. By contrast, it is quite probable that Bigelow's experimental, orbiting habitats are actually giant, inflatable, Masonic temples intended to lure UFOs (aka preturnatural intelligences) to this "planet" to help him communicate with (or possibly re-animate) the dead.

They don't [faux] "lie" by using the absolute truth they're trying to hide!!! Understand, please, the incredible stupidity of doing that!

How was it stupid if the result of it and the disinformational sequence to it have left the Roswell subject in total ambiguity in the minds of most people? Listening to these people is like trying to have a rational discussion at the Mad Hatter's Tea Party.
It is called "cognitive dissonance" - you can deceive someone into believing anything that they are already predisposed to believe.
Constance, you would believe in ET-UFO Roswell no matter which way the disinformation would be presented to you!

Why? See above. Wink. :)

Last edited:
Constance, you would believe in ET-UFO Roswell no matter which way the disinformation would be presented to you!

That's the best you can do in response to the questions I presented in my last post to you? Those are questions you would have asked yourself if you critically approached the theory you've swallowed on the basis of a few questionable sources.

A very interesting show. I still love hearing the stories from ufology's Golden Age. Here are some great quotes:
  1. 56:17:00 | "You have to have good investigation before a report becomes meaningful, and I don't see much of that going on"
  2. 01:13:25 | Re: Bigelow: "Well hey you know he's got a whole bunch a money, and he likes to spend it on things that amuse him. I probably would if I had it too."
  3. 02:37:27 | "I'm not involved in any of the social media or anything like that. I joined Facebook, and then couldn't remember why."
When he posed the question regarding Bigelow's collection of UFO reports, "What does the FAA have to gain by collecting UFO reports?" I have to agree, and I also think that @Christopher O'Brien's lead-in to that question is very relevant to the answer. If the FAA were required to collect UFO reports, then it might have an obligation to release them to the public under the FOIA. Not so if they're all "vacuumed up" ( as Chris aptly put it ) by Bigelow, who presumably has no such obligation.

The question from @toxicsurf regarding changing the word "ufology" to something that doesn't suggest that it is a science, was handled really well. I went through much the same process when exploring that problem and ultimately found that the words "UFO" and "ufology" are already so firmly engrained in modern culture that it's pointless to try to change them. Furthermore, I found that the so-called "problems" that detractors tend to have with the words aren't as problematic as we might be led to believe.

For example not all words ending in "ology" denote a science e.g. mixology ( the skill of preparing cocktails, especially cocktails containing alcohol ). Nor is it a problem for UFOs to be associated with the idea of alien craft. That's because alien craft are exactly what the core of ufology is about, and therefore the word is doing exactly the job it's supposed to do. Plus it's already an officially accepted word in the English language ( e.g. it's in the Oxford English Dictionary ).

But similarly to Don, if we're talking about some vague lights off in the distance that we aren't able to identify, there's nothing wrong with using NARCAP's term UAP. It's useful as a catchall term for the various unexplained aerial phenomena found in reports where witnesses don't have any reasonable amount of certainty what it was they saw. Maybe they saw some strange flying life forms, but then that's cryptozoology, not ufology. Or maybe it was an unidentified aircraft, but then we're talking about aviation, not ufology. Or maybe it was some weird looking clouds, and then we're talking meteorology, not ufology. In ufology we're talking about aliens. Get used to it because it's not going away any time soon :D.

Not that ufology studies in general doesn't touch on the other subjects above, it does, but they aren't the main focus. The heart of the subject matter is clearly alien visitation, and that is not something we need to struggle to change, it's something we need to get people to accept as a reasonable possibility. Changing names and stuffing it under the rug so we won't be embarrassed to tell people what we're doing, or even worse, admit to ourselves what we're really doing, is IMO so wrong in so many ways. Like Stanton Friedman says, I won't be an "apologist ufologist". I'd be lying to myself as well as those I talk to, and won't participate in that dishonesty.

When Don spoke about the aliens he often spoke as though in his heart he knows alien visitation is real, and I would encourage him to go all the way. Verifiable material scientific evidence isn't the only kind of evidence from which we can draw reasonably sound conclusions. Grant it, a small amount of it can go a long ways, but there's so much other evidence out there that ignoring all of it eventually amounts to pure denial. But enough of my usual ranting. I just can't resist the opportunity when it's brought up. All-in-all it was a really enjoyable show :).

Last edited:
Those are questions you would have asked yourself if you critically approached the theory you've swallowed on the basis of a few questionable sources.
Constance, please rejoin the other thread, and listen to the Vallee interview that you said you would comment on too.

I do not consider Richard Doty, Robert Collins, Bill Moore, Chris Lambright, Greg and Gabe Valdez, Bennewitz, Greg Bishop, Redfern, and Pilkington to be "questionable sources" WHEN taken ALL into consideration in the FULL CONTEXT of that period. Stanton Friedman was in THE SHADOWS of Moore. S.F. somehow escaped being tagged with the disinformation campaign by A.F.O.S.I., but he was definitely duped by it anyway! Of course, UFO ET believers need someone to believe in. Stanton is the man. But he is drenched in the PSYOPS just as Bill Moore was too! [S.F. was more indirect.] Soooo, WHY does S.F. get a FREE RIDE but Moore doesn't???

According to another UFO Roswell researcher S.F. told him that Moore had asked him [S.F.] about using disinformation papers "together" to flush-out more witnesses to Roswell. S.F. denies this ever happened, but this UFO researcher says other people know of this too regarding S.F. This was said on a recent Paracast show, so I'm not BS'ing here. [Kevin Randle]

Please do return to the other thread and comment on Vallee's interview. I gave you the time marks too! Thanks. :) It's post #122 Link below:

New Jacques Vallee Interview: | Page 7 | The Paracast Community Forums

Last edited:
Referencing Roswell...

One thing that just boggles the mind at this point after Mirage Men and Richard Doty 'on camera' is that Doty and other Air Force OSI agents had already launched a Roswell disinformation campaign injected into Moore and others. Doty said this started in the late 1970's, so Air Force OSI was promoting the ET Roswell crash with dead ET's and a surviving ET that was "interviewed" -meaning alive!

I don't understand how anyone can just ignore that solid information 'on camera' DIRECT from A MAJOR PLAYER in the start-up of Roswell Disinformation in the late 1970's. Bizzare! How do we know that Moore and everyone else involved were not just hoodwinked by Air Force OSI propaganda? Greg Bishop has written a book about this too.

Doty's real life involvement and official OSI interference during that time was known to Moore, Bennewitz, Valdez, LMH, and many others too! WTF guys???
Sure are a lot of folks involved in this disinformation campaign....dang....how'd they all keep a straight face???
List of Roswell Witnesses

Constance, please rejoin the other thread, and listen to the Vallee interview that you said you would comment on too.

I do not consider Richard Doty, Robert Collins, Bill Moore, Chris Lambright, Greg and Gabe Valdez, Bennewitz, Greg Bishop, Redfern, and Pilkington to be "questionable sources" WHEN taken ALL into consideration in the FULL CONTEXT of that period. Stanton Friedman was in THE SHADOWS of Moore. S.F. somehow escaped being tagged with the disinformation campaign by A.F.O.S.I., but he was definitely duped by it anyway! Of course, UFO ET believers need someone to believe in. Stanton is the man. But he is drenched in the PSYOPS just as Bill Moore was too! [S.F. was more indirect.] Soooo, WHY does S.F. get a FREE RIDE but Moore doesn't???

According to another UFO Roswell researcher S.F. told him that Moore had asked him [S.F.] about using disinformation papers "together" to flush-out more witnesses to Roswell. S.F. denies this ever happened, but this UFO researcher says other people know of this too regarding S.F. This was said on a recent Paracast show, so I'm not BS'ing here. [Kevin Randle]

Please do return to the other thread and comment on Vallee's interview. I gave you the time marks too! Thanks. :) It's post #122 Link below:

New Jacques Vallee Interview: | Page 7 | The Paracast Community Forums

You must be an idiot, stalker. There's nothing there but empty claims and hearsay, juvenile malice, and a total misunderstanding of what constitutes disinformation -- i.e., the intentional spreading of disinformation. Your third paragraph implicates no one but Moore and several gossips whose identity you protect (and what are they testifying to? That they've 'heard' that Moore approached SF with a dishonest scheme to 'flush out' more Roswell witnesses, which SF obviously declined.) Evidently SF also won't play the gossip game you're trying to build some lame case on. And he'd probably laugh off the games you're playing, but I find them irritating and nonsensical. Haven't you got any real work to do?

I'm asking @Gene Steinberg to block my posts from your viewing if that's possible. If it isn't, I'll put you on 'ignore' when I figure out how to do that.

Last edited:
I think Stalker's someone else we might all know by name. He's comes out of nowhere and hits half the topics on the forum list, uses definitive" s on subjects that even the brightest don't have and has a brazen delivery that most newcomers to this forum don't use.

You must be an idiot, stalker. There's nothing there but empty claims and hearsay, juvenile malice, and a total misunderstanding of what constitutes disinformation -- i.e., the intentional spreading of disinformation. Your third paragraph implicates no one but Moore and several gossips whose identity you protect (and what are they testifying to? That they've 'heard' that Moore approached SF with a dishonest scheme to 'flush out' more Roswell witnesses, which SF obviously declined.) Evidently SF also won't play the gossip game you're trying to build some lame case on. And he'd probably laugh off the games you're playing, but I find them irritating and nonsensical. Haven't you got any real work to do?
I'm amazed you can't understand the 3rd paragraph you quoted of mine. I told you the allegations were made by a respected UFO Roswell researcher! Look at the name at the bottom of that paragraph: Kevin Randle. Then, all you have to do is listen to his most recent Paracast to find out what I'm saying is true. Like I said, I'm not BS'ing. I don't make-up "disinformation" or propagate intentional lies. [It's remotely possible it might have been from another interview with Randle, but I think my memory is ok with this one.]

Why haven't you listened to Vallee's interview and commented on that too??? You said you would do that too.
If it isn't, I'll put you on 'ignore' when I figure out how to do that.
Just because you have a different point of view and you're convinced you're right, you should still be willing to share ideas and not just "attack" or "ignore". I have not done that to you.

I will still keep an open mind. I'm not convinced of ET-UFOs crashing at Roswell for a number of rational reasons, imo, but I might be convinced if I learn something new. You're acting like the proverbial Ostrich with its head in the sand, but I'm not trying to argue to "win you over". You're entitled to your beliefs, and the evidence you base those on too.

I'm just trying to learn different reasons why people believe in an ET-UFO Roswell or any other ET-UFO event. This is what I've put in my signature below some time ago: I believe there could be at least two causes for each UAP or ET event, so I just assign probabilities to each cause. Getting Closer to The Truth is the best I can do with these Mysteries.

Last edited:
Sure are a lot of folks involved in this disinformation campaign....dang....how'd they all keep a straight face???
Heidi, thanks for the NICAP list shown below. Considering most of those witnesses have nothing to do with directly seeing ET's or the alleged ET crash, then, yeah, it is easy to agree they could speak with a straight face. Big deal. That has 'nothing' to do with what may have really happened.

It's easy to say something "straight faced" if you believe in the rumors, or think you saw something 30+ years ago relevant to the rumors too! A.F.O.S.I. had a propaganda disinformation campaign stating EXACTLY what Moore [and those silly rabbit followers far down that rabbit hole] have been told and wrote about it -the exact same ET story! When it's more than 30+ years ago, AND there are other top secret events that can be easily confused and distorted and mixed together from so long ago, then it is EASY for witnesses to be straight faced and mistaken too!

Heidi: On the witness list you linked to there is someone that says the crash is NOT ET:

Brown, Dr. Jerry - NASA engineer who had worked at White Sands Missile Range. He speculated that the metal found was Duraluminum alloy or a V-2 rocket.

Then there are those that are ridiculous to rely on:

Armstrong, Captain
- Collected pieces of the crash from the Brazels' two years after the crash.

Barnett, Grady L. "Barney"
- Claimed to have found wreckage and bodies on the Plains of San Agustin, about 120 miles from where Mac Brazel found wreckage.

Foster, Iris - Owned a cafe in Taos, New Mexico. She often heard a man call "Cactus Jack," an amateur archeologist, talk about seeing a downed alien ship.

Redfern and Vallee have better plausible theories for these:

Brown, Sergeant Melvin E. - Was at the second site, guarding the truck containing alien bodies. He also guarded the hanger at Roswell Army air Field while crates from the site were held there.

Gardner, Norma - Typist with top security clearance at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base. She typed autopsy reports on alien beings and saw two bodies.

Just listen to the Paracast author James Carrion as to why FLYING DISC was probably being used for a continuation of a Military PSYOPS already started regarding the following PR.

Haut, 1st Lieutenant Walter - Public Information Officer at Roswell Army Air Field. He was ordered by Colonel Blanchard to issue a press release stating that a flying disc had been recovered.

==========================
Most of these witnesses had nothing to do directly with seeing ET or directly clearing the crash site, so it's just not that impressive, really.

Barrowclough, Lt. Colonel Robert
- Executive Officer of Roswell Army Air Field, Roswell, New Mexico.

Blanchard, Colonel William
- Commander, 509th Bomb Group, Roswell Army Air Field. Upon seeing the material collected at the site by Major Jesse A. Marcel, he ordered the roads leading to the crash site blocked, and later made a special trip to the site.

Brazel, W.W. "Mac"
- Foreman at the Foster ranch in Lincoln County, near Corona, New mexico. He found the crash site on the ranch.

Brazel, Bill
- Son of Mac Brazel and a major witness.

Briley, Lt. Colonel Joe
- In mid-July, 1947 he became the Operations Officer at Roswell Army Air Base.

Brown, Dr. Jerry
- NASA engineer who had worked at White Sands Missile Range. He speculated that the metal found was Duraluminum alloy or a V-2 rocket.

Brown, Sergeant Melvin E.
- Was at the second site, guarding the truck containing alien bodies. He also guarded the hanger at Roswell Army air Field while crates from the site were held there.

Chavez, Senator Dennis
- US Senator from New Mexico. He supposedly called Walter Whitmore, Sr. and suggested that he not air the recorded interview with Mac Brazel.

Clark, Deputy, B.A.
- Took the initial report from Mac Brazel at the Chaves County sheriff's office.

Dubose, Colonel Thomas J.
- Chief of Staff to Brigadier General Roger Ramey. He was photographed in Ramey's office with the "debris."

Easley, Major Edwin D.
- Provost Marshal in charge of the troops clearing the crash site.

Foster, Iris
- Owned a cafe in Taos, New Mexico. She often heard a man call "Cactus Jack," an amateur archeologist, talk about seeing a downed alien ship.

Gardner, Mary Ann
- Nurse at St. Petersburg Hospital, Florida. She heard an archeologist on her deathbed tell about discovering an alien ship and bodies.

Gardner, Norma
- Typist with top security clearance at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base. She typed autopsy reports on alien beings and saw two bodies.

Haut, 1st Lieutenant Walter
- Public Information Officer at Roswell Army Air Field. He was ordered by Colonel Blanchard to issue a press release stating that a flying disc had been recovered.

Henderson, Captain Oliver W. "Pappy"
- Member, First Air Transport Unit, Roswell Army Air Field, and co-pilot of the first B-29 flight from Roswell to Fort Worth. He also was the pilot of a C-54 flight carrying wreckage from Roswell to Wright-Patterson Field, Dayton, Ohio.

Henderson, Sappho
- Wife of Pappy Henderson. She was told by her husband that he had flown the C-54 to Wright Field.

Jennings, Colonel Payne
- Deputy base and group commander at Roswell Army Air Field. He was the pilot of the first B-29 flight from Roswell to Fort Worth.

Johnson, J. Bond
- Staff reporter for the "Fort Worth Star Telegram." He took photographs of the "wreckage" in General Ramey's office.

Joyce, Frank
- Reporter and announcer for Roswell radio station KGFL. He interviewed Mac Brazel on the telephone before the military arrived and later told a different story.

Kaufman, Frank
- Friend of Warrant Officer Robert Thomas. He said the bodies were sealed in a wooden crate, while still at the hospital.

Lapaz, Dr. Lincoln
- Expert in meteorites; degrees in mathematics and astronomy. He was called in to investigate the crash site.

Maltais, L.W. "Vern"
- Said Barney Barnett had told him he had seen bodies in one- piece grey suits, after which archaeologists and the military arrived.

Marcel, Major Jesse A.
- Intelligence Officer at Roswell Army Air Field, 509th Bomb Group Intelligence Office. He picked up material at the ranch and later flew it to Fort Worth Army Air Field.

Marcel, Jesse Jr.
- Son of Jesse A. Marcel. He saw debris samples that his father brought home and, under hypnosis, was able to recall the designs marking the I-beam.

McBoyle, Johnny
- Station Manager of radio station KSWS, Roswell, New Mexico. He attempted to put the Roswell story out over the wire.

McGuire, Phyllis
- Daughter of Sheriff George A. Wilcox. She saw the military arrive very soon after he father called them.

McQuiddy, Art
- Editor "Roswell Morning Dispatch". Walter Hunt delivered a press release to him, which other military personnel later tried to retrieve.

Newton, Warrant Office Irving
- Weather officer at Fort Worth Army Air Field. He was ordered to General Ramey's office to identify the "wreckage." a Rawin target balloon.

Parker, Jim
- Ranch hand of Mac Brazel's. His some came home from school one day in 1988 reported an Air Force truck in the area.

Payne, Bud
- Neighbor of Mac Brazel. He had gotten thrown off the Foster ranch by the military while chasing a stray cow. He knew exactly where the crash site was.

Porter, Sergeant Robert
- Crewman on the B-29 that flow packages from Roswell Army Air Field to Fort Worth Army Air Field. He claims that Jesse Marcel was on the flight.

Proctor, Floyd
- Mac Brazel's nearest neighbor and husband of Loretta Proctor. Brazel came to their house to show them a piece of the metal.

Proctor, Loretta
- Mac Brazel's nearest Neighbor and wife of Floyd Proctor. She said she remembers her husband trying to whittle on the metal but failing to make a mark.

Proctor, Timothy D.
- Son of Floyd and Loretta Proctor. He found the crash site with Mac Brazel.

Ramey, Brigadier General Roger
- Commander, eight Air Force, of which the 509th Bomb Group was a part.

Rickett, Lewis S.
- Army counter-intelligence (CIC) agent, who assisted in the retrieval of debris from the crash site.

Roberts, Jud
- Minority owner of radio station KGFL, Roswell, New Mexico. He said the military picked up copies of Haut's press release from the media there.

Shirkey, Robert
- Saw wreckage taken by eight or nine men through the Operations Building at Roswell Army Air Field.

Sleepy, Lydia
- Secretary to Merle Tucker in Albuquerque, New Mexico. She was ordered over the telephone to stop transmitting the crash story.

Smith, Sergeant Robert E.
- Member of the First Air Transport Unit at Roswell Army Air Field. He spent an entire day loading three aircraft with the material from the crash site.

Strickland, Lymann
- Neighbor of Mac Brazel. He saw Brazel in Roswell being escorted out of the newspaper offices by three military officers.

Strickland, Marian
- Neighbor of Mac Brazel, wife of Lymann Strickland. An upset Brazel visited them after his release from custody at Roswell Army Air Field.

Thomas, Robert
- Warrant Officer who came in on a special flight to assist in recovery of debris.

Tucker, Merle
- Owner of several New Mexico radio stations. He arrived back from out of town to find that his Roswell station manager had tried to put the crash story out over the wire.

Tyree, Tommy
- Hand for Mac Brazel. He began to work about one month after the crash and remembers that Brazel was irritated because the sheep would not cross the debris field and had to be driven the long way around to water.

Whitmore, Walter Sr.
- Majority owner of radio station KGFL in Roswell, New Mexico. He hid Mac Brazel from the Military.

Wilcox, Sheriff George A.
- Sheriff of Chaves County, in which Roswell is located. Mac Brazel showed him a piece of the debris and he suggested Brazel contact the military.

Wilmot, Dan
- Resident of Roswell, N.M. He and his wife saw an oval- shaped object fly over their house on July 2, 1947, the probable date of the crash.

Zorn, Vernon D.
- Non-commissioned officer in charge of the Third Photo Unit at Roswell Army Air Field. He said no photos of the crash site were taken by his men.

Last edited:
Back