• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

do you take the amount of profit gained by an experiencer into account when evaluating a case?

do you take the amount of profit gained by an experiencer into account when evaluating a case?

• No

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Yes

Votes: 7 77.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Han

piscator ψ
When I say profit I mean as in: the amount of money, fame or any other benefit to the protagonist/experiencer.

I have voted yes.

Here are four examples of why:
meier, greer, twins and dyer.

When I say profit I mean as in: the amount of money, fame or any other benefit to the protagonist/experiencer.

I have voted yes.

Here are four examples of why:
meier, greer, twins and dyer.

And let's not forget Santilli's fake Alien Autopsy. I also have a hard time believing the Raëlian story. However to be clear, I voted "Yes" only because I take it into account when evaluating the case. How much I take it into account, or the amount of weight I assign to the earning of proceeds is another matter. It is entirely possible that someone could earn millions of dollars and be completely honest. However because money cannot be overlooked as a motivating factor to perpetrate a hoax, perhaps it's not such a bad idea to look a little closer at those cases before automatically granting them credence just because there's a UFO celebrity involved. No doubt the fans would probably cry jealousy or whatever, but I don't really care. I've been doing this since I was a kid and if fame and fortune in ufology were my aim I'd have been there by now.

Back