• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Do We Need an Event Calendar?

Free episodes:

Do You Think We Should Have an Event Calendar?

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nobody Cares

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
Here's a neat add-on for our forum. Please check this link:

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/8wayrun-com-xenatendo-events.8670/

It's an event calendar that even includes an RSVP system, so you can actually answer invitations to that event.

I'd consider adding it, but that depends on how many of you will take advantage of the features to promote your own meetings, or to attend other meetings.

I've also added a poll to get some feedback.

What say you members?

All right, I installed this add-on.

Now there's a new feature. Next to Post New Thread there is a Post New Event button. The rest is self-explanatory, so feel free to experiment. It even shows birthdays, but you have to click on the date to see the member names.

To view existing events, there is an Events button in our navigation bar. Enjoy!

Seriously though how far out do you book guests and is it enough time to post upcoming shows. I keep thinking about how difficult it is to get questions for the guests in before the show actually happens. As you know Gene you scold many of us for these matters.
Regards, Wesley N. Runyon

I added the Orinid Meteor Shower to the calendar and it seemed to work OK. I'll ad some more stuff as I get the time.

Oh hey ... on a separate issue, do you think you could get your forum tech to increase the editing time on the conversations to some small amount ( maybe 5 mins )? It would be handy for fixing stupid mistakes that get missed on the preview.

Back