• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Disclosure movement R.I.P.

Christopher O'Brien

Back in the Saddle Aginn
Staff member
[As many of you know, I've been saying the same thing for years. Robbie does a great job summing up what many realize is a simple-minded 'pipe-dream.' Excellent editorial... —chris]

Editorial HERE:

Disclosure Movement RIP
By Robbie Graham/Silver Screen Saucers

It meant well, and it did its best, but the Disclosure movement is dead.

The problem with the Disclosure mindset was that it declared an end to the UFO enigma. It said, in essence, we know what ‘they’ are: extraterrestrial spacecraft. End of story. And then the movement looked to officialdom –a sort of unfair parent figure– and it tugged incessantly at the leg of power, saying ”daaaaaadddd, TELL US!” And dad said, patiently as ever: “not now kids, run along and play with your friends.”

Well, dad never had the answers. He still doesn’t. Sure, he may have a few more pieces of the UFO puzzle at his fingertips than do we, but he’s ashamed to tell you that, try as he might, he just can’t make those damn pieces fit. Despite appearances and the power of his ego, in a universe that’s 13 billion years old, he’s just a monkey like the rest of us, flailing around for answers in the early years of the 21st century on a planet whose dominant trend is war. So, no, dad doesn't understand what he’s dealing with. He can’t even comprehend it; and it doesn't help that UFOs go far beyond the physical, beyond the merely extraterrestrial. He’s dealing with a coalescence of impossible phenomena. He’s dealing with consciousness itself.

And so what can daddy possibly tell the kids without appearing ignorant and confused, without losing a huge weight of his authority as a parent; as a leader. It’s better to stay silent and let the kids believe he has all the answers, that he’s all-knowing.

It’s for this reason that should officialdom ever “come clean” about the UFO issue, we should all be immediately and extremely suspicious, because UFO truth by way of official power structures will not be truth at all. We all know this. It will, by necessity, be whatever truth least vilifies and incriminates the secret-keepers, whose primary concern is not to bring about world peace through the disclosure of cosmic secrets, but rather to avoid at all costs being lynched by angry mobs for having withheld from the public incomprehensible data concerning the nature of our reality, and to maintain our existing global system – a system in which the activities of the privileged few are concealed from the distracted masses. This is the system we vote for, year after year, decade after decade. The illusion of democracy.

If and when the day comes that the layers of our reality are peeled back and humanity collectively finds itself in a new world, it will not be for one signature too many on a Disclosure petition. Disclosure, if we must insist on using the term, is a slow process of personal awakening on a mass scale. When I say personal awakening, I most certainly do not mean the simple acceptance that we are not alone in the universe. I mean a continuing process of inner exploration.

The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth. And by imagining all answers to the UFO mystery to be out of public reach, deep in the bowels of the national security state, the Disclosure movement actually places power into hands of officialdom, while disempowering the individual.

I certainly don’t have a fast track to UFO truth. I don’t believe there is a fast track to UFO truth.

All too often on the UFO scene audiences are content to hear what they want to hear; to have their existing beliefs confirmed by self-proclaimed experts who know full well that their personality cult is guaranteed by telling the crowds –dare I say ‘followers’– only what they want to hear: that Disclosure is just around the corner, and that a brighter tomorrow will follow that day.

But the kind of revolutionary change we hope will be triggered by UFO disclosure can only ever occur from a bottom-up level, and over a considerable expanse of time. Enlightenment is earned slowly by the individual; it is not handed to him on a saucer-shaped platter. But then, it’s easier to demand of a faceless bureaucracy than it is to demand of ourselves.

I should clarify I do not take issue with the Disclosure movement in itself. The efforts of Steve Bassett and others undoubtedly have brought the UFO phenomenon (whatever it might represent) to the attention of many thousands of people around the world who previously were indifferent to the issue. That’s not a bad thing. What does concern me, however, is that Disclosure has become the focus of the UFO community, its alluring offer of a fast track to UFO truth marginalising the more esoteric approaches to the phenomena. In short, in the age of Disclosure and Exopolitics, the pursuit of UFO truth is political, rather than mystical. If the day ever comes when humanity can claim an understanding of the UFO phenomenon, I’m very confident that politics will have played almost no role in this enlightenment. REST OF EDITORIAL HERE:

"...Disclosure, if we must insist on using the term, is a slow process of personal awakening on a mass scale. When I say personal awakening, I most certainly do not mean the simple acceptance that we are not alone in the universe. I mean a continuing process of inner exploration..."

Bingo. Truth in a teacup here, although I probably do have a slightly different pov than the author does on such dog and pony shows such as the 2013 Citizen's Hearings on Disclosure, which to this non-attendent came off as just another UFO conference but with bigger names. I know you attended Chris and while I acknowledge there may have been noteworthy findings mentioned would it be fair to say that the news either fell on deaf unimpressed ears and/or the whole thing was not unlike preaching to the choir ?

I do seem to remember that immediately after the hearings Mike Gravel of Alaska dropped some seemingly encouraging sound bites but that was about it, I have to really wonder if his eyes were really opened.

We can't even get D.C. to sink money into our crumbling infrastructure, let alone a anomous lights. Now if only the disclosure aficionados could get the wherewithal to form a PAC, then the disclosure process might get some oomph.

Last edited:
...what can daddy possibly tell the kids without appearing ignorant and confused, without losing a huge weight of his authority as a parent; as a leader.

Good editorial. Thanks Mr. Chris.

I notice most people who specialize in begging Big Daddy to reveal his UFO secrets are old like me, 50+ years old. They were taught by WWII generation parents that big centralized authoritarian governments are the only thing that can protect them from Boogey Men.

Young people are waking up to the fact that those Authorities actually promote terror in service to the Predator class for the purpose of terrifying people into paying them money, and should be dethroned.

I think the above article only supports the positions, such as that of Leslie Kean(?) Instead of going in with the attitude of "We know ET craft are/have been here" It may have been better to go in and simply say "We know something unusual has been ongoing, we would like to see all the data gathered to date" I personally think the eth is most likely, but that approach failed 60 years ago, why keep repeating the same techniques, when calling for some type of disclosure.
"We suspect there to be much more data than foia requests have shown, we would like it released."

The disclosure mindset is readily fueled by the UFO phenomenon's seeming affinity for things military and governmental. But in practice, exopolitics swaps the Trickster identity from something unimaginably alien to strangeness and capability that is unimaginably human.

The U-Foreclosure Project is " a reaction to the over-emphasis on 'Disclosure.' Blog articles, Tweets and Facebook posts began to reflect a growing sentiment of dissatisfaction by the UFO community." A new splinter group is trying to move the focus away from Disclosure, and back to the fundamentals of UFO investigation and research.
Blue Blurry Lines: The U-Foreclosure Project

From that page:

Q: Are you out to insult to those that have fought to give us Disclosure?

A: The intent is not to slam the efforts of those seeking Disclosure, but to raise awareness in fundamental UFO research and investigation. Petitioning the government might result in finding out what they know, but I'm much more interested in seeing what we can discover for ourselves.

Those who have worked for years to bring about disclosure in this country could be forgiven for feeling that their efforts are indeed being slammed. In fact they are personally being slammed. And I see that and much else in this thread as thoughtless and self-destructive behavior for those supposedly interested in finding out what 'ufos' are. Obviously the numerous researchers who have worked to investigate ufo cases over 65+ years have not only inspired the public disclosure presentations we have seen -- they have also produced the information that, while imperfect and partial, has generated the wide public interest in ufos developed over these years (and which is why we're here talking about ufos now).

The question that comes up for me in reading all this is "who's stopping those who want to pursue 'paranormal' explanations for ufos from doing so?" Has someone broken these peoples' arms and legs? They themselves need, imho, to get on with what they claim needs doing, instead of bitching and moaning about researchers who have exhausted the possibilities of obtaining information that is undoubtedly still held secret by the government and military and/or by whatever unknown, unholy offspring they have generated/given way to who currently hold the keys to the file cabinets. As I said before, I'd settle for all that gun camera footage.

We need a good, working definition of what exactly is "exopolitics".

What does that word actually mean?

It means paying "little ol' country doctor" Greer to go meditate in the woods, signing a NDA, and waiting for benevolent space-homies to show up and put Ford and Chevy out of business.

If ufos are ET, and the government can't do anything about it, they're not likely to say so.
If ufos are ET, and the government knows all about (and maybe even works with) them, they're not likely to say so.
If ufos are the government, testing and using cutting edge technology, they're not likely to say so. Even when the next stage of tech replaces whatever our current "ufos" are, the next phase of secret tech would have just as much use for an "ET smokescreen" as the current state of tech does.
No matter how I look at it, a massive disclosure, of the sort Bassett hopes to achieve via twitter storm, doesn't seem forthcoming.
In my humble opinion.

I've taken it to mean that the keys to unraveling the UFO mystery are held by some unspecified quasi elite within the higher echelons of society. So if only they would come clean with the public, the veil would fall away and the whole thing would at least partly make sense. My personal take on the term, anyway.

I've taken it to mean "Exo" as in outer, referring to ET and "politics" as is in 'let's assume UFOs are ET and now let's speculate on what their views are'. I usually see it associated with hypotheticals involving the motivations of governments and aliens. So it's associated with taking too much for granted as a starting premise, for me.

If ufos are ET, and the government can't do anything about it, they're not likely to say so.
If ufos are ET, and the government knows all about (and maybe even works with) them, they're not likely to say so.
If ufos are the government, testing and using cutting edge technology, they're not likely to say so. Even when the next stage of tech replaces whatever our current "ufos" are, the next phase of secret tech would have just as much use for an "ET smokescreen" as the current state of tech does.
No matter how I look at it, a massive disclosure, of the sort Bassett hopes to achieve via twitter storm, doesn't seem forthcoming.
In my humble opinion.

What about 'the government' being as much in the dark as we are.

Dr. Ben R. Rich former Lockheed Skunk Works director confirmed:
1. There are 2 types of UFOs -- the ones we build and ones 'they' build. We learned from both crash retrievals and actual "hand-me-downs." The Government knew and until 1969 took an active hand in the administration of that information. After a 1969 Nixon "purge", administration was handled by an international board of directors in the private sector…

What about 'the government' being as much in the dark as we are.

Dr. Ben R. Rich former Lockheed Skunk Works director confirmed:
1. There are 2 types of UFOs -- the ones we build and ones 'they' build. We learned from both crash retrievals and actual "hand-me-downs." The Government knew and until 1969 took an active hand in the administration of that information. After a 1969 Nixon "purge", administration was handled by an international board of directors in the private sector…
Indeed, the in the dark option is implicit in the first scenario. I say the government, but yes, you are right , the government is little more than the customer to the private industry of Lockheed, Beowing and Raytheon. Conceivably ufos could be terrestrial and not from the USA. But for another nation to defy our airspace, as ufos have, doesn't seem plausable over this much time. But if it were basically us defying our own airspace in a series of black budget projects... No harm, no foul. No?

An interesting point but these suspect objects have been seen over many other countries as well. Do you think the same scenario is at play , either these respective countries have their own black ops or private industry testing boundries? I would think that if this exotic technology would be kept in as few hands as possible, it would be a very select club, more so than the nuclear club.

I suppose you could argue that the cases reported in other poorer countries could be acts of infiltration by those that possess this tech but I have to wonder what's to be gained by flying a triangle craft over south africa.

An interesting point but these suspect objects have been seen over many other countries as well. Do you think the same scenario is at play , either these respective countries have their own black ops or private industry testing boundries? I would think that if this exotic technology would be kept in as few hands as possible, it would be a very select club, more so than the nuclear club.

I suppose you could argue that the cases reported in other poorer countries could be acts of infiltration by those that possess this tech but I have to wonder what's to be gained by flying a triangle craft over south africa.
Agreed. My original statements were meant to address disclosure. My actual thoughts on the UFO phenomenon are that it's real. It's complex and will probably prove to be more than just one explanation. ( some will be proven hoaxes, some prosaic craft misidentified, some may eventually become known military craft, and some may relate back the more psychological explanations. And then anything else you can conceive of, as well as ET; which itself may be biological or technological. Maybe we're being probed and our responses evaluated. I don't know.

Back