• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Destination Truth - Hoia Baciu - Romania

All things considered the show isn't too bad. Despite the fact that thechost sounds some what like Kermit the frog,,,,, he has a certain wit about him and an air of skeptism that is refreshing. I'm glad they came back for another season. I just take it for what it is, entertainment. The yeti episode was probably my fave from last season.

A

Hi Everyone.

I know this thread has been dead for a while but I am quite interested on the subject. I actually live in Romania and i can tell you that the Hoia Baciu forest has quite a reputation for its paranormal activity. As a matter of fact I am planning this summer an expedition.
Thing is that a lot of stuff is happening there, and it's been going on for decades, maybe more. Nobody knows what's causing it. There have been a lot of specials on National TV about the forest. The curly guy from the episode that gives Josh a map has been researching the forest for over 30 years. I should lay down a couple of documented facts about the forest first:
- the forest is located near a large town (Cluj) overlooking one of the boroughs. As a side note, I have some friends living there and they are afraid of going in the forest mostly due to many urban legends about the place.
-random photos taken in the forest show weird things
-x-ray film left in the forest shows images
-strange lights appear at night, sometimes coinciding with the spring and winter equinox
-locals really fear the place
-there is a "circle" zone where no plants grow
-in some parts the forest there are radioactive hotspots (won't forget my geiger counter)
-there are no documented events of which i know where a human suffered any kind of attack or injury

This is the forest: cluj - Google Maps

A good article to read on the subject would be this one, although it contains no images (link is to the romanian version of National Geographic): 403 Forbidden

Now, facts about the show:
-Josh claims he found a rental car on a RUSSIAN website. We don't speak russian and we have no affiliation with Russia - especially that part of the country which is the farthest from Russia (Romania is in NATO and the European Union)
-Translations are accurate
-The curly guy is the forest researcher and he's been at it for more than 30 years, wrote books on the subject
-Getting the cockpit ceiling fall off midflight, can happen in Romania :)

So, in conclusion, do you think there is any way of obtaining the complete attack footage?

Hello paranormal fans!
We just started a campaign to raise the remaining funds necessary to finalize a pretty complex documentary about Hoia-Baciu Forest, "one of the most mysterious places on Earth" as you know. More details here:
https://www.indiegogo.com/…/hoia-baciu-forest-beyond-the-le…
Any help will be deeply appreciated. As a form of "thank you" you will get some very interesting perks for every amount offered, once the project is completed. Even a simple SHARE can make the difference!
The official website and a teaser video will be released next month, when the filming is scheduled to begin.
Thank you very much and have an absolutely wonderful day!

Back