• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Coronavirus... what if ?

Potentially interesting:
"The new coronavirus is thought to have jumped from animals to people, but researchers still haven’t pinned down which species to blame. The pangolin, an ant-eating animal prized for its meat and scales in China, is one candidate, according to an article in Nature. But scientists haven’t found a close-enough genetic match between viruses found in pangolins and those found in humans to reach a definitive conclusion And so the source of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes Covid-19, remains ambiguous, and, like a certain US senator from Arkansas, conspiracy theories thrive on ambiguity.

“We ought to be transparent with the American people about all this,” Cotton said last month to defend his controversial musings. “Maybe some of these so-called experts think they know better. I don’t. And they really don’t either.” [ SOURCE ]

Last edited:
Potentially interesting:
"The new coronavirus is thought to have jumped from animals to people, but researchers still haven’t pinned down which species to blame. The pangolin, an ant-eating animal prized for its meat and scales in China, is one candidate, according to an article in Nature. But scientists haven’t found a close-enough genetic match between viruses found in pangolins and those found in humans to reach a definitive conclusion And so the source of Covid-19 remains ambiguous, and, like a certain US senator from Arkansas, conspiracy theories thrive on ambiguity.

“We ought to be transparent with the American people about all this,” Cotton said last month to defend his controversial musings. “Maybe some of these so-called experts think they know better. I don’t. And they really don’t either.” [ SOURCE ]

Well I am now in isolation with the wife, she has an immune disorder so it was thought best I teach from my studio at home and not risk being around the student body.

Anyway I can see the faculty moving all delivery over to online for a while.... damn it what a pain in the damn you know what.

COVID-19 will change many folks life as seen already in Italy . North Korea firing Missile and the millions of poor who will not get top medical care. Vaccines more likely 12 months away .

Yes many Medical folks will be on the frontline for extreme long hours caring and trying to save life with the deadly virus which is highly contagious. Online services will see a boost incomes while others, will go bust.

Also wonder how many U.A. P 's sightings will increase and already had three unkown objects? this week . Rotating object and cloaking then appearing , Round object with a beam of light . disappearing and re-emerging , third moving zig zag. Could be satellites , meteor , drone or ? All prior to storm forecast.

I'm wondering how the numbers would play out if instead of lifting the heavy end of this pandemic, which is by applying the current strategy to everyone, we applied it only to the most vulnerable. Logically, what would happen is:
  • There would be no mass hoarding and shortages and the most vulnerable could be better protected.
  • There would have been no global economic collapse because those most at risk are mostly retired anyway.
  • The vast majority of the least vulnerable who contract the virus would recover, and in the process become immune.
  • The increased number of natural immunes would reduce the load for vaccines or cures.
  • Perhaps a small number of additional deaths from the disease might occur. However those deaths would be offset by those saved by not putting huge numbers of the global population into a state of abject poverty, which we know also contributes to increased deaths.
Given the above, the current strategy may increase the overall number of deaths, increase global poverty, and increase the demand for vaccines or cures ( drugs ). Who benefits most from that situation? Not the general population. The vaccine and/or drug manufacturers stand to come out much farther ahead. Sheer coincidence?

Last edited:
I'm wondering how the numbers would play out if instead of lifting the heavy end of this pandemic, which is by applying the current strategy to everyone, we applied it only to the most vulnerable. Logically, what would happen is:
  • There would be no mass hoarding and shortages and the most vulnerable could be better protected.
  • There would have been no global economic collapse because those most at risk are mostly retired anyway.
  • The vast majority of the least vulnerable who contract the virus would recover, and in the process become immune.
  • The increased number of natural immunes would reduce the load for vaccines or cures.
  • Perhaps a small number of additional deaths from the disease might occur. However those deaths would be offset by those saved by not putting huge numbers of the global population into a state of abject poverty, which we know also contributes to increased deaths.
Given the above, the current strategy may increase the overall number of deaths, increase global poverty, and increase the demand for vaccines or cures ( drugs ). Who benefits most from that situation? Not the general population. The vaccine and/or drug manufacturers stand to come out much farther ahead. Sheer coincidence?

Coincidence? no I don't hold to coincidence these days where those running this world are concerned... These are the sort of people who see a golden opportunity in every tragedy.

Last edited by a moderator:

The virus spreads quietly in China before being carried around the world by travel and commerce. It infects people through bites, and seemingly changes the brain and behavior of victims. Society is disrupted as panic spreads and millions succumb.

OK, so no one really thinks that a virus could turn half the world population into zombies. And the premise of the new movie, "World War Z," is far from realistic. But some of its details do bring up real-life issues, from the political and diplomatic fights about countries trying to cover up disease outbreaks, to the very real possibility of a pandemic that could wipe out millions within the space of a few months.

It’s no mistake the film suggests the zombiefying virus starts in China. Something similar really happened in 2002, with the severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) virus, which eventually spread to the rest of the world, killed more than 770 people and infecting close to 8,000 before it was stopped.

Yeah well... let's pretend the second wave turns us all into zombies LOL

The Pentagon will release new information surrounding UFO encounters for the public to see.

Why bother doing this during a pandemic ;)

I mean.... is there a link? ... or are they trying to create a link?

hehe... at worst Trump is desperate to find a way to delay the elections in November ?

My post was just a 'shot in the dark' ... but maybe the the earths 'gardeners' decided that a culling was required?.... just thinking out loud ;)

What does a gardener do?
The gardener is the person who has the skill to maintain the garden's design. The gardener's labor during the year include planting flowers and other plants, weeding, pruning, grafting, deadheading, mixing and preparation of insecticides and other products for pest control, and tending garden compost.

Last edited:
Back