• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Conspiracy Theory - At War With Aliens

Fascinating how they can take a little and make a lot of it. You can prove anything with this nonsense. MJ-12 my eye!

The long and short of it is that, if aliens were on the attack, it would all be over in hours, not decades.

I think we need Jeff Goldblum and Will Smith right away to protect us from "them."

Fascinating how they can take a little and make a lot of it. You can prove anything with this nonsense. MJ-12 my eye!

The long and short of it is that, if aliens were on the attack, it would all be over in hours, not decades.

I think we need Jeff Goldblum and Will Smith right away to protect us from "them."

Do you think this it qualifies as docufiction? Or do you think it's pure exploitation of the topic for monetary gain? I wonder if perhaps there's an element of disinformation and desensitization designed to divert attention away from genuine cases where UFOs seem to have interacted with military aircraft and systems?

Do you think this it qualifies as docufiction? Or do you think it's pure exploitation of the topic for monetary gain? I wonder if perhaps there's an element of disinformation and desensitization designed to divert attention away from genuine cases where UFOs seem to have interacted with military aircraft and systems?
I think the video was just to get a quick buck. not to divert attention. But I think that some of the more outlandish stories that seem to crop up may be an attempt to dilute the field. Make people think we are all crazy people and any evidence we find is just more ramblings from the crazies. Social stigma is a powerful thing. but I'm no expert it's just my opinion.

But in all seriousness these shows aren't helping us get anymore people into the field. I'm starting to get tired of seeing ancient aliens blame anything and everything on aliens. Not to mention for the most part these shows have a very lose grasp of the actual facts about the cases reported.

I'm starting to get tired of seeing ancient aliens blame anything and everything on aliens. Not to mention for the most part these shows have a very lose grasp of the actual facts about the cases reported.
Agreed! I always love those catch phrases; Could it be possible, what if, etc. That seem to proceed each incredible history changing feat in the life of human kind upon this planet as mere child's play for our alien benefactors. To bad the lowly earthlings can't figure out how to erect monumental architecture or come up with complex star gazing facilities or make any advancement because of our lowly warlike ways... Thank you Space Nerds for saving us! Or should I say Thank You History Channel for all the land mines you are planting upon the field of Ufology...

Agreed! I always love those catch phrases; Could it be possible, what if, etc. That seem to proceed each incredible history changing feat in the life of human kind upon this planet as mere child's play for our alien benefactors. To bad the lowly earthlings can't figure out how to erect monumental architecture or come up with complex star gazing facilities or make any advancement because of our lowly warlike ways... Thank you Space Nerds for saving us! Or should I say Thank You History Channel for all the land mines you are planting upon the field of Ufology...

I wonder if it would be too much for us to go through some of the points in the video, post the time codes, and provide links to the information that debunks the claims? The joint Chinese/American exercise would be a good place to start if anyone is interested.

You really could argue both ways, that it's both for disinformation and monetary exploitation purposes. Documentarians (and I use that term very lightly here) need to make a buck or two to survive and produce more documentaries, even if they believe what they are saying and their material is relatively believable. Others simply cling to fantasy with the hope that someone will be misinformed and fooled into helping the "documentation" pay their rent at the end of the month. This appears to be the latter.

If it were happening i think the method would be far more subtle.
If you have the time you can win a stealth invasion without firing a shot

If it were happening i think the method would be far more subtle.
If you have the time you can win a stealth invasion without firing a shot

Of course this is what some like Jacobs claim is happening now. But while that may be the basic approach, it appears some shots have been fired for example at Malmstrom and Big Sur. They may not want to take a chance of the intended victim getting too powerful or wrecking the world they're trying to take.

Of course this is what some like Jacobs claim is happening now. But while that may be the basic approach, it appears some shots have been fired for example at Malmstrom and Big Sur. They may not want to take a chance of the intended victim getting too powerful or wrecking the world they're trying to take.

Very true

The narratives do contain accounts of what seems to be direct hostile action.

And while trying to ascribe motive to "aliens" is for now at least ever going to be guesswork, i suppose one might theorise a case that such examples are magicians stagecraft.

Such examples tend to create the theme as expressed in this thread already that if they wanted to they could flatten us with ease, that they havent done so might suggest they have no interest in doing so.

But........

Creating just that sense of (false?) security would also go hand in glove with a stealth invasion sceanrio.

It helps hide such a hypothetical program, it creates the idea that they could, but they arent, therefore they are not.

Like a stage magician, keep the audience distracted by what the left hand is doing, and they miss what the right hand is doing

I'm in the middle of reading Paul Hill's Unconventional Flying Objects, which not only contains report after report of us shooting at the damn things and them ignoring it, but details of flight characteristics and weapons platform potentials that would make any armed conflict hopelessly one-sided.

In short, they don't seem to care much when we attack them (except shutting down systems occasionally) and if they wanted to kill us, we'd likely already be dead.

I'm in the middle of reading Paul Hill's Unconventional Flying Objects, which not only contains report after report of us shooting at the damn things and them ignoring it, but details of flight characteristics and weapons platform potentials that would make any armed conflict hopelessly one-sided.

In short, they don't seem to care much when we attack them (except shutting down systems occasionally) and if they wanted to kill us, we'd likely already be dead.

Also, it seems logical that if they wanted to take the planet for themselves they would have done so before we'd done so much damage to it.

Also, it seems logical that if they wanted to take the planet for themselves they would have done so before we'd done so much damage to it.

Interesting point and I agree with you. If we are all messing this planet up to the extent some scientists suggest, then extraterrestrials would not want it.

I'm more inclined to believe that, to the extent extraterrestrials are secretly monitoring this planet, they are simply in "observation mode." Otherwise, we would already have seen the effects of an attack (though it's likely we would but not have recognized it yet).

What's on Earth that wouldn't be plentiful elsewhere in the universe, and where you wouldn't have a pesky population getting in the way of extracting it?

Besides, we're awfully deep down a gravity well and far away from the more fashionable parts of the universe where resource extraction could be simpler, more economical, and closer to the cool kids.

The only thing we have going for us on this rock that doesn't seem to be plentiful elsewhere in our solar system is life, and life is pretty much firmly in the domain of information (i.e. can be copied and replicated) -- it's what life does.

What I mean is, they're not here for the resources in terms of rocks 'n stuff. They're not here for our biological diversity -- that can be sampled, replicated, and remixed at will thanks to the handy dandy copy mechanism of DNA.

Pretty much the only thing left in my mind right now is us. As in, individuals. They don't land on the white house lawn.

They approach us pretty much one on one and bugger off. Why?

We'll never know until we meet them as equals, look them in the eye, and ask them the question. And see if we can tell if they're lying.

Back