• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Carol Rainey (Mrs. Budd Hopkins)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Creepy Green Light

Paranormal Adept
Wow. I just watched some of her documentary debunking Linda Cortile (Napolitano). As well as exposing Budd. Makes me think 99% of all abductees are lying nut bags.

And did you pay any attention at all to the very extensive rebuttal of that documentary? Don't assume something based on one person's version.

And did you pay any attention at all to the very extensive rebuttal of that documentary? Don't assume something based on one person's version.
I did not see it/read it. But my mind, in this case, is already made up so it doesn't matter. Linda was never abducted. Ever. In my opinion.

That is your problem then. It tells me you don't want to be bothered with facts if the other side turns out to be right. Time for you to speak less and learn more.
After listening to the show since 2011, I am quite surprised you believe in this case. Just the fact that the story hinges on being sucked out of an apartment building in New York City (of all places) and miraculously nobody else saw, photographed, videotaped anything is baffling.

I am surprised you are not reading me correctly. I have NEVER expressed a pro or con opinion on this case. Period.

Wow. I just watched some of her documentary debunking Linda Cortile (Napolitano). As well as exposing Budd. Makes me think 99% of all abductees are lying nut bags.

What's the name of this documentary? Can you post a link so others can check it out? Thanks.

Since my opinions on this matter are on occasion misrepresented by certain people who should know better — since they've been corrected on many occasions — let me state them yet again.

Carol Rainey has the perfect right to disagree with the findings of Budd Hopkins, and to argue against the cases he investigated. What she did, however, was to actively promote her documentary and engage in attacks against Hopkins when she knew he was near death from terminal cancer. Talk about hitting someone when he's down. She also sent me once a perfectly immature email repeating the mantra "the dying man," claiming Hopkins, by being able to walk by himself and do some basic tasks, wasn't so sick after all. He died some months after that.

That sort of behavior was reprehensible, as was that of her fellow travelers who actively promoted those attacks at the time.

It had nothing to do with their validity or lack thereof — it was all about the poor taste and the timing. It could all have been done far earlier, or just wait till after Hopkins' death in 2011, knowing the end was near. There was no urgency to choose a time when Hopkins was most likely to be hurt by the attacks and unable to give a full-blown response (though he did respond somewhat briefly).

In short, it was a matter of being a decent human being.

That sort of behavior was reprehensible, as was that of her fellow travelers who actively promoted those attacks at the time.

From what I'm reading here, 'monstrous' is the adjective that best fits the described behavior of Rainey and those who joined her in this persecution. I don't want to read enough to begin to see what kinds of debased minds and personalities could participate in that. I've actually never read about the Cortile case, or about Budd Hopkins, or much about abduction research in general. Is it possible that the subject itself drives some people beyond reason?

Two of the other purveyors of that smear campaign are apparently closely impacted by abduction-related matters, and that might have been partly responsible for their own behavior, though I'm just guessing. I've not been able to have extended rational discussions with either for several years unfortunately.

Here is another take on Mrs. Hopkins;

Hell hath no fury as a woman scorned......

Some people develop a fondness for feeling poisoned by rejection and nourish that feeling to boundless levels of malice. She is apparently one such.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back