• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Caracas News on UFO sighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Decker

Administrator
Staff member
Many of you may or will recall David Biedny's story of sighting a giant UFO in the skies of Caracas, Venezuela in the summer of 1974. Questions were raised as to the validity of his story. Some suggested that the story may have not had a basis in fact. Today he finally recd. a photocopy of the front page of that newspaper, and below that I have included the translation of the news story.

Caracas Newspaper.jpg

From the August 1st edition of the Venezuelan newspaper "2001", corroborating my UFO sighting of July 31, 1974.
------------------------------
Mysterious objects Caracas sky
Thousands of people saw and radar captured nothing Maiquetia

By Eduardo Suarez

Caracas, Thursday August 1, 1974. Until this morning there was no explanation for the phenomenon that worried last night thousands of Caracas and was immediately associated with the controversial idea of "flying saucers", when an overflight swift four luminous objects crossed the sky of the capital in about 15 seconds.

Further complicating the interpretation of the unusual fact that version was not night flights of combat aircraft and the Radar Operations Center in Maiquetía, where objects were also spotted, did not record anything on the screens of their various system's.

WEST-EAST DIRECTION

The passage of unidentified flying objects was seen by thousands of people and in the writing of "2001" is received after 11:30 last night dozens of phone calls requesting information.

This newspaper journalists returning from a fact-finding mission in Maiquetía, also noted the passage of luminous objects and other people who sighted as far away as Catia or Prados del Este.

One of the witnesses was a captain of a commercial airline, whose name reserve and who provided a more accurate version, according to your logic skills aeronautics.

Our informant explained that it was a formation of four luminous objects-a main, tail, and three acting as "bodyguards" and left a bright tail as it passes through the sky that appeared in the south of Caracas 11:30 pm.

The formation was located at an elevation of ten to fifteen degrees above the horizon and across the sky Caracas in West-East direction, at an enormous speed.

The four items were lost-to our informant, which was located in Prados del Este-after Petare Hills, La Lagunita sector. All the way was covered by flying objects in no more than 20 seconds, at a speed higher than that of any known jet without noise.

This version was confirmed by passersby on Avenida San Martin, as well as by others in the center of the capital and even by residents of Los Ruices.

IN MIRAFLORES AND MAIQUETÍA

The news of the sudden and inexplicable appearance of flying objects was known even in the Miraflores Palace where at that time the President Carlos Andres Perez and his Cabinet held a long meeting, resulting in dozens of journalists waited. The fact was the subject of many comments although there was no formal interpretation of what happened.

Possibly official body, the Radar Operations Center in Maiquetía reported flying objects had been detected visually, but that no electronic device recorded his stint as would have happened if it had been airplanes.

The issue took incredible trim when it was established that no commercial flight had passed over Caracas and self Aviation General Command had asked about reports Maiquetía, proving that it was not the night exercise supersonic fighter-bombers "Mirage "as some people thought.

This request for information have also been made, it was learned in Miraflores, by the Ministry of Defense, which confirms the absence of any flight over the skies of Caracas.

In the morning it was possible to know that the luminous objects were seen minutes before 11:30 pm on Maracay and Valencia, where the proximity of the Black Palo airbase also thought night exercises.

That version was discarded as the others and this morning there was no explanation for the strange phenomenon, expected that Cagigal Observatory report on the last possibility: that it is a meteor shower, though many eliminate it in advance, since meteorites fall into semiverticales paths and do not move horizontally and less with changes, as happened last night.

-------------------

Decker

I'm really happy to see that he has finally received the critical documentation he needed about this case. Despite some of the issues around his departure from The Paracast, I had always assumed that he was being honest about his personal experiences, and this validation is a key piece of data that helps present a fuller picture.

Maybe he'll also be able to deliver a clipping or some other report about his New Jersey sighting.

Many of you may or will recall David Biedny's story of sighting a giant UFO in the skies of Caracas, Venezuela in the summer of 1974. Today he finally recd. a photocopy of the front page of that newspaper, and below that I have included the translation of the news story ...

Cool ... Thanks for that Don and Dave. Biedny's telling of the account didn't come across to me as insincere ( neither does Biedny himself for that matter ). I think he's one of those people who knows by the evidence of his own senses that UFOs are real. Or would he, I wonder, in order to avoid all the "baggage" class this as a simple unidentified aerial phenomenon ( UAP )? Biedny doesn't seem like the type of guy who would be afraid to say that what he saw was something from beyond the boundaries and constructs of our civilization, whether that means another universe or planet or whatever ... it sounded plenty alien and craft like to me ... a genuine UFO.

Finally! VERY cool this has been uncovered by David. You should do a new show on this ASAP Don!

I want to hear all about how long he has been trying to find this and what it cost him to finally get it :)

I wonder how he feels having it, the three dimensional reality of it objectively verified after all these years.

Yup. Item was sent by Héctor Escalante, journalist from Caracas. I contacted him in March 2013. (David also contacted him back in June 2008). I contacted him again on May 27 emphasizing that this is important historical case that should be archived, where he confirmed that he will visit National University Library of Caracas to finally locate the case.

This is a breakthrough and proves many details that David talked about the case.

I am especially amazed about this portion in red (exactly like David mentioned in classic Paracast interview):
The news of the sudden and inexplicable appearance of flying objects was known even in the Miraflores Palace where at that time the President Carlos Andres Perez and his Cabinet held a long meeting, resulting in dozens of journalists waited. The fact was the subject of many comments although there was no formal interpretation of what happened.

This is very important section too:

Possibly official body, the Radar Operations Center in Maiquetía reported flying objects had been detected visually, but that no electronic device recorded his stint as would have happened if it had been airplanes.
The issue took incredible trim when it was established that no commercial flight had passed over Caracas and self Aviation General Command had asked about reports Maiquetía, proving that it was not the night exercise supersonic fighter-bombers "Mirage "as some people thought.
This request for information have also been made, it was learned in Miraflores, by the Ministry of Defense, which confirms the absence of any flight over the skies of Caracas.

Simply amazing…I am so happy that this completes the circle and strongly confirms statements by David and Barry.

Giuliano

I never doubted his account, can someone dig up the paracast episode where he recounts his observation so others can hear him recount his experience ?

If memory serves he and his family observed a large cigar shaped craft deploy 3 smaller probe craft, they did so on a crowded street with many other eyewitness's

I never doubted his account, can someone dig up the paracast episode where he recounts his observation so others can hear him recount his experience ?

If memory serves he and his family observed a large cigar shaped craft deploy 3 smaller probe craft, they did so on a crowded street with many other eyewitness's

Here you go Mike:
http://www.podtrac.com/pts/redirect.mp3/media.blubrry.com/paranormal/www.theparacast.com/podcasts/paracast_060328.mp3

You could also be interested in recent appearance in Dark Matters:
http://www.dqrm.com/shows/DMR/2012/wk40/dmr-49-w.mp3

and in this Paracast episode:
http://www.podtrac.com/pts/redirect.mp3/media.blubrry.com/paranormal/www.theparacast.com/podcasts/paracast_071209.mp3

Best Wishes

During search for an article, I also mentioned case to few colleagues that has similar characteristics to David's and Barry's sighting.

The case in question – knows as The Cressy Affair – happened in Tasmania, back in October 1960. It was witnessed by The Reverend Lionel Browning and his wife. This sighting is featured in the book „UFOs and Government“ at pages 385-388. This is the description that immediately reminded me of David's case (especially lines that I bolded with red color):

„[The object] moved approximately one and a half miles north…and then abruptly stopped. Within seconds it was joined by five or six small saucer like objects which had emerged at high speed from the low cloud above and behind…[They] stationed themselves at positions around the cigar shaped object at a radius of one half of a mile and then, after an interval of several seconds the cigar shaped object accompanied by the smaller objects, abruptly reversed back towards and then into the rain squall from which it had emerged…In all, the cigar shaped object had been visible for approximately one minute… The Brownings watched the area for several more minutes but the objects did not reappear.“

--- end of quote ---

I was so amazed when I read this for the first time that I immediately said in my mind „so similar like a David's sighting!!!“

You can read chapter in question with accompanied drawing at Google Books here:
http://tinyurl.com/k77rzf2
(pages 385-388)
My review of the book is available
here:

Best Wishes.

Giuliano Marinkovic

The article mentioned 4 objects, as David had said. It's disappointing the description of craft variation (cigar and 3 disks) is absent from piece but that is a very small niggle - it's great confirmation.
With such a piece there must have been articles in other papers, if I remember correctly, the cigar had been seen elsewhere in Venezuela that day?

I was just listening to the DMR episode where Biedny was talking about his Caracas sighting, one of the great touchstones of the early incarnation of The Paracast. Those first many episodes were infused with a lot of Biedny's loud critcisms, sarcasm and moments of high conviction. His personal stories helped to develop what the show still does at its best: provide convincing and intriguing narratives that listeners can imagine in their own minds, or to howl at in disbelief, or sometimes, just howl. There's something elliptically satisfying about seeing this newspaper clipping after just listening to him on DMR recollecting his sighting's appearance on the front page of the paper.

This points to two interesting considerations. It lends some credence to all his other bizarre and surreal stories - my favourite being the UFO parked over his family's roof. But it also makes us consider the strong dynamic of the show: Steinberg, who unfortunately has witnessed nothing paranormal but drives the show confidently, and his cohosts who consistently tell wickedly odd tales - my favourite of O'Brien's being the antler headed figure's shadow crossing the room. (It reminds me of a Miyazaki movie)

Thanks for posting this Paracast full circle moment. It's a good bridge.

Gene, any chance you can get David on for old times sake to talk about this and other paranormal occurrences since he left and to talk about what he's been up to?

boy do i second that request. Been listening to these two old paracast shows today, would love to hear Gene and David have a chat again and catch up.

boy do i second that request. Been listening to these two old paracast shows today, would love to hear Gene and David have a chat again and catch up.

I wouldn't hold my breath on that one guys. Let's just say there's a reason Dave is doing Angry Human instead of the Paracast. If you like Dave's rants, you can go there and get an ear full !

More results from Hector's diggings inside National University Library in Caracas - in this stage all in raw format - work is still in progress:

Daily Últimas Noticias
Caracas, Venezuela
Thursday August 1, 1974
Page 57

Flying saucers over Caracas last night

By Jose Luis Olivares

A number of foreign bodies were seen in the sky last night in various districts and neighborhoods of the capital. The flying objects gave off an intense light that blocked his vision.

The phone in the writing process not ringing for a long time and through telephone wire altered voices reached us claiming to have seen "flying saucers" which crossed the city from north to south.

The presence of flying saucers suggested to many people that we were being invaded by aliens. Also some people associated the rains over the country with foreign bodies.

The claims of citizens who claim to have seen flying saucers concern to many who believe in the theory that the year 2000 the earth will be invaded by aliens and earthlings will be reduced to slavery.

Holders of that theory point out that nuclear tests threaten to blow up the universe to smithereens.

Daily El Nacional
Caracas - Venezuela
Thursday August 1, 1974
Section Information, body D, page 9

Strange luminous objects seen last night in Caracas

Two luminous objects that moved in a West-East through the southern part of Caracas, were spotted by several people who immediately notified the writing of this paper.
Among those who witnessed the phenomenon include the speaker Amilcar Gomez, who called "El Nacional".

The two objects, described as two equidistant spheres, each with stelae, were also spotted in the city of Coro (Falcon), where the correspondent of "El Nacional" was communicated to report it.

The guard personnel consulted this newspaper Astrometry Division Cajigal Observatory, but the people who work there said their equipment did not capture any phenomenon in the sky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back