• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Bigfoot in the UK?

Han

piscator ψ
stream_img.jpg

Woman claims to have spotted Bigfoot... in West Sussex

Interesting article, although I'm not convinced it's legitimate. The camera angle suggests the shot was taken from above and the size of the "Bigfoot" in the picture would place her on a significantly distant and/or elevated platform. It would have been helpful to know her location or if the article provided a layout of the area where the sighting occurred. Otherwise, there's not enough information, together with the questionable camera angle, to make the story believable.

Interesting article, although I'm not convinced it's legitimate. The camera angle suggests the shot was taken from above and the size of the "Bigfoot" in the picture would place her on a significantly distant and/or elevated platform. It would have been helpful to know her location or if the article provided a layout of the area where the sighting occurred. Otherwise, there's not enough information, together with the questionable camera angle, to make the story believable.

From what I read she was taking photos of her dog to post on her Facebook page, alarm bells started to ring when I saw the quality of the photo.
Who would use such a poor quality camera in 2015?
If someone can be bothered they could look at her facebook page and compare the photo to others there.

That is all besides the point because: I don't believe that it is possible to photograph a Bigfoot in the first place.

Well if it was up in Scotland it could have been me after a few drinks, but joking aside it does look interesting, but let's just say for a minute that these things are real it would make me swing towards them being not from this planet, or it being totally fake. You can just never tell with pictures like this, it's either too blurry or too shaky if it's video. If they were real they should be brought in for teaching special forces because they have an amazing ability for stealth and doing the disappearing act. I know i'm reaching here, but what if these sightings were shimmers in time, like a previous time where these creatures existed essentially coming through to our time for a brief period.

I'm convinced it's a bloke in a guerrilla suit but that makes it all the more interesting. Did he get dumped on a stag do while taken short or what?

I'm convinced it's a bloke in a guerrilla suit but that makes it all the more interesting. Did he get dumped on a stag do while taken short or what?
Could have decided he wanted to be a gorilla for a day, he put on his suit and ventured forth into the English jungle to live out his fantasy of tree swinging and chest pounding.

I know i'm reaching here, but what if these sightings were shimmers in time, like a previous time where these creatures existed essentially coming through to our time for a brief period.

That's an interesting theory and there are some Bigfoot researchers who might agree with you, as that is one possible explanation for why Bigfoot never seem to physically interact with those who see them.

I know i'm reaching here, but what if these sightings were shimmers in time, like a previous time where these creatures existed essentially coming through to our time for a brief period.
Definitely an interesting theory.

There's a very brief but haunting scene in the film The Man Who Fell To Earth (1976: just missed out on our 1980s thread). The protagonist, Newton (David Bowie), goes through some sort of time slip while he's driving through the backwoods, and comes across a group of early pioneers in a field with their wagons. He sees them, they see him, and then a couple of seconds later it's all over and he's back in the modern day.

Back