• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

"Belief in aliens can turn deadly"

True.

Out of interest, what CAN flies do that has also been present in true unexplained mutes?

I'm responding as Smallville episodes load. I'm drunk, watchin them:) One of the only shows I like. Then I'm going to eat taco bell and crash. I'll see if I can find you a documentary explaining what I mentioned later. Perhaps tommorow? If not, I'll try and find some articles. It's nothing I can sum up briefly. I will say, that just as in SHC with bodies burning, mutilations appearantly hasn't been studied much. Or at least, there's still room to learn. Some of which has been recently found out.

Ok, this might not be the show that deals with the blow flies, but I think it is.

More parts can be seen to the side, just click the link at the top of vid to be taken to youtube.

If it's not the show, let me know, I'll relook. I'm eating then I'm gonna crash:)

Ok, I'm skimmin through what I posted and having doubts it's the correct one. I don't recall the narrator's voice and LMH being on the one I had in mind. I'll look again tomorrow.

I'm thinking it was a somewhat recent show that history channel did on animal mutilations. Just from memory.

Ok, I'm skimmin through what I posted and having doubts it's the correct one. I don't recall the narrator's voice and LMH being on the one I had in mind. I'll look again tomorrow.

I'm thinking it was a somewhat recent show that history channel did on animal mutilations. Just from memory.

Youre not thinking of A Strange Harvest?

Youre not thinking of A Strange Harvest?

No. LHM wasn't in the documentary I saw.

Here's some info. Blowflies do target eyes btw.

While many unconventional explanations have been put forward to explain cattle mutilations, a variety of scientists, veterinary workers and knowledgeable observers (including farmer and other agricultural workers) have suggested more conventional ideas, most of which revolve around the hypothesis that 'mutilated' animals died of natural causes and were subjected to known terrestrial phenomena – including the action of predators, parasites and scavengers.[12]
Missing or mutilated mouth, lips, anus and genitalia are explained as:

• Contraction of missing/damaged areas due to dehydration.
  • The actions of small scavengers and burrowing parasites seeking to enter or consume the body in areas where skin is at its thinnest.
Missing/mutilated eyes and soft internal organs are explained as:

• The action of carrion feeding insects such as blowflies, and opportunistic or carrion birds such as vultures and buzzards which are known to direct themselves toward an animal's eyes, and to enter the body through the openings of the mouth and anus in order to feed on soft internal organs.
Absence of blood is explained as:

• Blood pooling in the lowest points in the body where it will break down into its basic organic components.
  • Blood that is external to the body, or in the area of a wound being consumed by insects or reduced by solar desiccation.
Surgical incisions in the skin are explained as:

• Tears in the skin created when it is stretched by postmortem bloat and/or as dehydration causes the animal's hide to shrink and split, often in linear cuts.
  • Incisions caused by scavengers or predators, possibly exacerbated by the above.
The hypothesis that natural phenomena account for most mutilation characteristics has been validated by a number of experiments, including one cited by long-time scientific skeptic Robert T. Carroll, conducted by Washington County (Arkansas) Sheriff's Department. In the experiment, the body of a recently deceased cow was left in a field and observed for 48 hours. During the 48 hours, postmortem bloating was reported to have caused incision-like tears in the cow's skin that matched the "surgical" cuts reported on mutilated cows, while the action of blowflies and maggots reportedly matched the soft tissue damage observed on mutilated cows.
Experiments have also been conducted to compare the different reactions of surgically cut hide/flesh and predated hide/flesh to natural exposure.[13] They demonstrated pronounced differences between surgical cut and non surgical cuts over time. This article does not address tearing due to bloating.
Some ranchers have disputed the more scientifically mainstream "natural causes hypothesis" on the grounds that the mutilated animals often fall outside of the normal categories of natural deaths by predation or disease.[10] One reason cited is that that the animals were healthy and showed no sign of disease prior to death, and were large and strong enough not to be a likely target for a predator. In some cases, ranchers have reported that the mutilated cattle were among the healthiest and strongest animals in their herd.[14]
Other critics for the accepted position include investigators involved in paranormal and UFO research organizations, such as "National Institute for Discovery Science" which report the discovery of anomalies in necropsies which, they claim, cannot be explained by natural processes.

Wikimedia Error

Run a search on Blowflies and mutilation for more info.

Back