• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Be a hero, save my life!

Rana Price

Paranormal Novice
Hey all, I am new to the Forums but asking for help.
5 years ago my genetic kidney disease caught up with me and I have been trying to find a kidney donor ever since.
All costs are paid for by my insurance including travel.
please dont assume you are not a good candidate, please contact me or my transplant center below, and just ask some questions.
All your information will be held in confidence, just like any physician-patient relationship, even from me.
thank you for your consideration.
Vanderbilt Transplant in Nashville, TN

Thank you for writing, Rana.

Nobody should have to suffer as you have. I wish you the best of luck in finding a donor. Remember that we normally have two kidneys, and thus donating one should not cause serious harm to healthy people. I know you, as an RN, can explain this better.

Good luck.

Thank you for writing, Rana.

Nobody should have to suffer as you have. I wish you the best of luck in finding a donor. Remember that we normally have two kidneys, and thus donating one should not cause serious harm to healthy people. I know you, as an RN, can explain this better.

Good luck.

Thanks Gene,
Yes, anyone who is healthy enough to be a living kidney donor should live a long and perfectly healthy life with their one remaining kidney.
The evaluation process is fairly painless, much like any pre-operative work up. The surgery is laproscooic which means much less recovery time and less discomfort.

When I finally get all this out of my way I can go back to work and will also work tirelessly to find a living donor for every one of the 100,000+ others waiting for a kidney in America today....and then THE WORLD. My ultimate goal is to have a list of people waiting to donate rather than a list of people waiting for a donor.

blessings to you and all.

Well, I filled out the form but apparently as a type 2 diabetic, I'm not eligible - despite a normal Hgb a1c and so on.

Good luck, Rana, I really hope you do find a donor soon.

Thanks all the ssme Tony. Diabetes is hard on the kidneys, they just want you to be healthy for yourself. ... at least we have ddispelled the myth that they will take a kidney at any cost.
if you want to still be altruistic you can donate blood. People, and especially our soldiers, use it by the gallon sometimes.
Thanks again.

Back