• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

August 28, 2016 — Greg Bishop

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
It was a last minute booking, but that's very much Greg Bishop's style, a freewheeling and spontaneous discussion on all sorts of matters.

Chris was late to the party, but came with a detailed description of the San Luis Valley Camera Project.

We decided to stream the camera feeds, first, to members of The Paracast+, where the discussion with Greg continued on After The Paracast.

You can find out more about our premium subscription service here:

Introducing The Paracast+ | The Paracast — The Gold Standard of Paranormal Radio

Nice reel. that last bit with the atv and that ultra light both taking off looks like it was a scene from an action movie, or the TV series CHiPs

Last edited:
Nice reel. that last bit with the atv and that ultra light both taking off looks like it was a scene from an action movie, or the TV series CHiPs

Thank you. That last scene was at the Salton Sea in Southern California. The pilot is my ultralight instructor.

Thanks, Greg, for digging up the original story (Story of Your Life - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ) that the movie "Arrival" is based on.
This idea (Linguistic relativity - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ) that language effects perception (reality as information) has been coming up a lot for me lately. I recently saw a video on YouTube where a guy was explaining to a radio host how different tonal sounds activate different parts of the body and mind, and the language we use has been watered down to avoid this. An outlandish concept, I know, but he seemed like an intelligent, informed person. Has anybody else seen this video? (I haven't been able to find it since initially stumbling upon it last week.)

For my part Greg, while i appreciate your last minute save (and you guys did an admirable job at filling in the time) much of the subject matter didn't resonant with me...my issue not yours...and i didn't have time to submit any questions.

But as far as your next paracast appearance instead of being about anything particular maybe you could make it about anything like an reddit AMA and more like Radio Misterioso (which i don't get to listen too as much as i should)

Both you and Walter are very eclectic in your knowledge and interests and as i've always pointed out in this forum my interests lies much more in the sociological aspects when it comes to paranormal subjects.

all i lknow is if i do catch you i have a (monkey)butt load of questions to ask you on such things as memes, aberrent behavior, mass sociological behavior , the occastional appearance of clowns ( not necessarily paranormal but they also seem to have no agenda other than to intimidate) and more

i've always ben of the mind that Trump was a fraud, which is no surprise, but it seemed to me he was intent on driving people to Hillary and at one time had a close relationship (maybe still does) nothing in the past couple of weks has changed my mind on that. Back in December i had googled Trump+Trickster for a lark and got zip.,when i did it again back this spring i got many hits . If there is anybody alive at this time that is the quinnsential example of a shake up the world trickster it is him and at first i thought maybe this was his true calling. i now think his ties to Ales and Bannon makes me think his real agenda is to get even more publicity in his quest to be a media magnet, much more suitable to his ego than having to answer to the american public.

Another subject that it would be interesting to hear you talk about it , with the advent of Trump's rise to prominence in our national id is the corresponding rise in strident vindictive behavior in some social media. Right as i started a book on online troll behavior "this is why we can't have nice things" that whole Leslie Jones/Milo Yiannopoulos flame war started and then there was a giant pile on courtesy of what people are terming the alt right. i think it was just a bunch of people already lying in wait waiting for something, anything to lash out at enabled by anonyminity and a current anti pc backlash. that week the time cover story was on troll behavior and it was opined that troll behavior was a necessary behavior meant to right things (an argument I find interesting and worth looking at) and bring back balance and that i itself seems like a trickster type behavior to me.

Sorry this went on so long but maybe you and/or walter can go this way some time in a future appearance

Last edited:
I'll have to go back and listen. I guess I missed this one, dang it. Did he answer my question? ("WHY, GREG, WHY??") ;) (That's an 'inside' joke that we may have mentioned on RM)

For my part Greg, while i appreciate your last minute save (and you guys did an admirable job at filling in the time) much of the subject matter didn't resonant with me...my issue not yours...and i didn't have time to submit any questions.

But as far as your next paracast appearance instead of being about anything particular maybe you could make it about anything like an reddit AMA and more like Radio Misterioso (which i don't get to listen too as much as i should)

Both you and Walter are very eclectic in your knowledge and interests and as i've always pointed out in this forum my interests lies much more in the sociological aspects when it comes to paranormal subjects.

all i lknow is if i do catch you i have a (monkey)butt load of questions to ask you on such things as memes, aberrent behavior, mass sociological behavior , the occastional appearance of clowns ( not necessarily paranormal but they also seem to have no agenda other than to intimidate) and more

i've always ben of the mind that Trump was a fraud, which is no surprise, but it seemed to me he was intent on driving people to Hillary and at one time had a close relationship (maybe still does) nothing in the past couple of weks has changed my mind on that. Back in December i had googled Trump+Trickster for a lark and got zip.,when i did it again back this spring i got many hits . If there is anybody alive at this time that is the quinnsential example of a shake up the world trickster it is him and at first i thought maybe this was his true calling. i now think his ties to Ales and Bannon makes me think his real agenda is to get even more publicity in his quest to be a media magnet, much more suitable to his ego than having to answer to the american public.

Another subject that it would be interesting to hear you talk about it , with the advent of Trump's rise to prominence in our national id is the corresponding rise in strident vindictive behavior in some social media. Right as i started a book on online troll behavior "this is why we can't have nice things" that whole Leslie Jones/Milo Yiannopoulos flame war started and then there was a giant pile on courtesy of what people are terming the alt right. i think it was just a bunch of people already lying in wait waiting for something, anything to lash out at enabled by anonyminity and a current anti pc backlash. that week the time cover story was on troll behavior and it was opined that troll behavior was a necessary behavior meant to right things (an argument I find interesting and worth looking at) and bring back balance and that i itself seems like a trickster type behavior to me.

Sorry this went on so long but maybe you and/or walter can go this way some time in a future appearance

I know Walter will!

I'll take an AMA anytime. Bring it on.

Just do me a favor and let's not pretend that Hillary is anything better or that the Left has inspired all good and no bad. Because I just might LMFAO. :D

For the record, I'm fed up with both the Right and Left. BOTH have their trolls equally as bad as the other. I'm for a different way.

Back