• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

April 19, 2015 — Kevin D. Randle: Roswell Slides & More

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
Kevin Randle's no-nonsense approach to UFO research is refreshing. You may disagree with what he says, or at least some of it, but he almost always crosses his t's and dots his i's.

During this episode he focused on a number of subjects, including the alleged Roswell Slides.

Your comments are welcomed.

I can't download this episode. Both the Paracast+ version and the GCN version hangs up before completion. I've tried about ten times.

Oh, and one more thing: I notice our server had a heavy load warning around 5:15 AM Pacific time. It may just be that we were slammed with downloads, or the datacenter had some network glitches. From our network stats, it may be a combination of both.

This was a really good straight forward episode that gave us some strong insight into how Randle thinks. I thought his criticisms of the Roswell Slides to be refreshing and direct. Those segments outline clearly why these slides have absolutely nothing to do with Roswell nor should anyone expect to believe that what they are looking at has anything to do with aliens.

I can remember the first time I heard Seth Shostak of SETI ridicule people who believe in extraterrestrial visitation or UFOs. He's in his 70s now and nothing is changed. However I still think what they're doing is legitimate even if you disagree with their process. I'm not sure they are tuning into the "FM dial". I think they've moved into other forms of electromagnetic communication so I don't think what they're doing is a complete waste of time. I wonder if hey would get better results (well, just results) if the listening post was in space or on the moon as opposed to on earth. Even if it seems like a shot in the dark who knows maybe they'll something.

Unfortunately if they continue to ridicule the idea of extraterrestrial visitation they're certainly not going to gain friends here and vice versa I guess. It's kind of a shame.

Great answers by Kevin to my question. Much appreciated.
Gene, I'll see if I can use the Apple Watch to capture a UFO once it ships to me sometime in June :)

Enjoyed the the show with Kevin. Thanks for answering my question! I'd love to have lunch with that guy some time! I've looked at the material he mentioned a while back. I think it really got me goin.

Have you ever had someone scratch your back but They can't quite find the right spot or it exactly the spot? ...That's how I feel sometimes listening to people talk about UFOs. It's like we can't quite put our finger on it. Sometimes I feel like we're not asking quite exactly the right questions or were not asking the right people. We're all looking for or waiting for someone to find the smoking gun. I think it's out there or parts of it are, but maybe we're just not looking in the right places or asking the right people?

I'm staring to wonder - and get jaded. Nowadays, everyday on the news you see something captured on film that's "outrageous". Car crashes, bank robberies, buildings exploding, plane crashes, etc etc etc. Why? Because there are cameras everywhere and everybody has a camera. Yet, the crystal clear flying saucer video (that isn't a hoax) still eludes us. How can this be? Really starting to make me wonder.

Interesting episode. I didn't know that Kevin wrote science fiction either - have to check it out.

I can remember the first time I heard Seth Shostak of SETI ridicule people who believe in extraterrestrial visitation or UFOs. He's in his 70s now and nothing is changed.

It just kills me (well, okay, not quite) that SETI gets a lot of money, but if you allege that just maybe they're already here, you'll be lucky if they just laugh at you. Because, of course, since Dr. Shostak and the rest of the 'CSI Kops' don't understand how they can get here, therefore they can't.

Straight from the University of It Stands To Reason. Or was it the graduate school of What Some Guy In A Bar Told Me?
:rolleyes:

I'm staring to wonder - and get jaded. Nowadays, everyday on the news you see something captured on film that's "outrageous". Car crashes, bank robberies, buildings exploding, plane crashes, etc etc etc. Why? Because there are cameras everywhere and everybody has a camera. Yet, the crystal clear flying saucer video (that isn't a hoax) still eludes us. How can this be? Really starting to make me wonder.

This has had me wondering for years - there has been nothing clear. Honestly, the most interesting thing caught on video is the STS-48 footage, and even that, is so unclear we really have no idea what we're seeing. It's a UFO yes, but is it aliens? Probably not.

Interesting episode. I didn't know that Kevin wrote science fiction either - have to check it out.

Seth usually says something like this "my problem with the idea of people coming here from another star, are the incredible distances involved. Even if they could travel the speed of light it would still take years to get here and why would they travel that far for that long just to probe a few people and mutilate some cattle."( paraphrasing of course)
I would love to have a chance to say this to him... It doesn't seem hard or ridiculous if you consider the possibility that they didn't come here is explorers, that there is no's "Alien Superhighway" with multitudes of races and visitors coming back-and-forth. Over earths history it is possible that extraterrestrials could come here using much slower transportation. Possibly multi generation type vehicles to come and stay because They had to (once again) I know this isn't a popular idea because it just doesn't sound very cool but it makes more sense and it removes the possibility of having to solve problems such as space warping etc. What would he say to that? Another is that, what we see are actually seeing are some type of probes or a "message in a bottle?" That's for the ETH types. Of course others say it's all something else...

The Point is, it's not impossible that we have or will see something, come our way from "out there somewhere" it's bound to happen and it probably already has. Even if it's unmanned it's proof of intelligent life out there somewhere, Seth Shostak. Keep listening though STEI because I want to find out what's going on.

It just kills me (well, okay, not quite) that SETI gets a lot of money, but if you allege that just maybe they're already here, you'll be lucky if they just laugh at you. Because, of course, since Dr. Shostak and the rest of the 'CSI Kops' don't understand how they can get here, therefore they can't.

Straight from the University of It Stands To Reason. Or was it the graduate school of What Some Guy In A Bar Told Me?
:rolleyes:

On SETI....The problem with Seth's view is that he doesn't consider other ways that they could come here they don't have to come here at the speed of light and they don't have to be coming here is explores as I've said many times they could be coming here to stay. If you don't plan a return visit then it doesn't matter if it takes years.

On being jaded: one thing that Kevin said was that "maybe they are not coming as often" or haven't come in a while. That's perfectly okay they don't have to come all the time. Look even if all that ever happened was one flying saucer and crash or or visited is still amazing! Finding so much as a screwdriver made by someone from another planet would be amazing!

I'll tell you why I'm not fond of the multitude of rapid visits from many races theory: If it were that easy for people to come here and from that distance and if there were that many of them out there, what would keep them from just invading and wiping us out? Even Stephen Hawking suggested that we should consider the negative side of interstellar travel. Look at what happened when faster ships and later airplanes made it easy for countries to travel across the oceans. We had 2 world wars... We keep projecting the idea of these skinny harmless little gray guys like from the movie close encounters. BUT what IF there are Klingons out there? Space Pilgrims seem a little less scary ;)

Back