• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Apple Cripples Podcasts

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
Apple has made a critical change to its podcast setup that is making it harder to stay up to date on the latest episodes.

The key sentence in the following article is this: "The dominant podcasting platform had begun switching off automatic downloads for users who haven’t listened to five episodes of a show in the last two weeks."

What this means is that you have to check for the latest episodes every few weeks to make sure you're up to date.

Hopefully publicity about the decision will persuade them to change their minds. Meantime, you should manually update your favorite podcast app if it's linked to Apple's system.

Meantime, episodes should update normally for Paracast+ subscribers in your app of choice. Our premium episodes are not linked to Apple's Podcast system.

Thanks for the heads up. I use Apple podcasts and had been wondering why the episodes weren't appearing. Apple podcasts in general doesn't do well following a large number of podcasts. I have an idiosyncrasy where I don't like using other apps on my iPhone when Apple has a version.

You have to manually update to get the newest episodes. One has to hope that the large players among podcasters will continue to tell Tim Cook off till he gets the message.

Back