• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Antonio Villas Boas

Brian Haughton

Paranormal Novice
I'm preparing an article on the 1957 abduction of Brazilian farmer Antonio Villas Boas for my website. Does anybody know the best source for this incident? At the moment all I have is an article in Coral and Jim Lorenzen's "Flying Saucer Occupants' from the 1960s. Also - can anyone point me in the best direction for a general up to date book about UFO contactees / abductees?

Thanks

Mindsky said:
What's your website? Care to post a url? I'll check it out.

My website URL is www.mysteriouspeople.com. At the moment it has very little UFO-related material on it. The Villas Boas article will be part of a new section of the site about UFO contactees (not necessarily abductees). I will probably start in the late 19th century, with airship sightings and work chronologically.

Brian Haughton said:
My website URL is www.mysteriouspeople.com. At the moment it has very little UFO-related material on it. The Villas Boas article will be part of a new section of the site about UFO contactees (not necessarily abductees). I will probably start in the late 19th century, with airship sightings and work chronologically.

Hi brian,

I have a 4 page report on the case in a publication called ufo casebook. Its quite detailed. I will scan the pages for you if you want, and email them to you.

Cheers

Brian Haughton said:
I'm preparing an article on the 1957 abduction of Brazilian farmer Antonio Villas Boas for my website. Does anybody know the best source for this incident?

Hi Brian,

I don't know about the "best" source, but there is a 4 page discussion of the Boas incident in the Condon Report (?Scientific Study of Unidentified Flying Objects?, Edward U Condon (Director) and Daniel S Gillmor (Editor) (1969)) at pages 880-883 (in Section 5, Chapter 2 ?UFOs: 1947-1968?, by Edward U Condon) of the uncorrected version submitted to the Air Force (with the same page numbering in the 3 volume paperbound edition distributed by the National Technical Information Service, US Department of Commerce) at pages 526-528 of the Vision hardback edition (with the same page numbering in the Bantam paperback edition). The first of these editions has the same page numbering as the edition available free online at the following links:
http://ncas.sawco.com/condon/text/contents.htm
SHG - Condon Report: Table of Contents

If you are looking for longer discussions, then the following brief list may be useful:
39 page discussion - Creighton, Gordon in ?The Humanoids? (1969) (edited by Charles Bowen) at pages 200-238 (in the unnumbered chapter entitled ?The Amazing Case of Antonio Villas Boas?) of the Neville Spearman hardback edition, with the same page numbering in the Futura paperback edition.

35 pages discussion- Creighton, Gordon in ?UFO Abductions? (1980) (edited by D. Scott Rogo) at pages 51-85 (in Part 1, unnumbered chapter entitled ?The Amazing Case of Antonio Villas Boas? generally) of the Signet paperback edition.

33 page discussion - Olavo Fontes abd Joao Martins in his ?Report on The Villas-Boas Incident?, a translation of which is reprinted in ?Flying Saucer Occupants? (1967) by Coral and Jim Lorenzen at pages 42-72 (Chapter 3 generally) of the Signet paperback edition. Also discussed in Chapter 11 at pages 205-206.

31 page discussion - Olavo Fontes abd Joao Martins in his ?Report on The Villas-Boas Incident?, a translation of which is reprinted in ?Encounters with UFO Occupants? (1976) by Coral and Jim Lorenzen at pages 61-87 (Chapter 5 generally) of the Berkley paperback edition. Also discussed at pages 379-380 (in Chapter 18) and pages 383-384 (in Chapter 19).
22 pages - Von Buttlar, Johannes in his ?The UFO Phenomenon? (1980) at pages 98-119 (in Chapter 9 generally) of the Book Club Associates hardback edition.

13 page discussion - Randle, Kevin D in his ?The October Scenario? (1988) at pages 147-153 (in Part 4, unnumbered section entitled ?Antinio Villas-Boas?), 159-161, 164 (in Part 4, unnumbered section entitled ?An Alternative to the October Scenario?), 171 (in Part 4, unnumbered section entitled ?The October Scenario Revisited?), 176 (in Part 4, unnumbered section entitled ?Afterword?) of the Berkley paperback edition.

12 page discussion - Randles, Jenny and Hough, Peter in their ?The Complete Book of UFOs? (1994) at pages 176-177, 181 (in Chapter 13), 182-190 (in Chapter 14 generally) of the Piatkus softcover edition.

11 page discussion - Randle, Kevin and Estes, Russ in their ?Faces of the Visitors? (1997) at pages 123-124, 133-141 (in Part 3) of the Fireside softcover edition.

All the best,

Isaac Koi

Thanks very much IsaacKoi for assembling all that info - it'll be really useful!
Still can't decide if something really happened to Villas Boas or if it was some kind of hoax.

My email is brian@mysterious*********
Sound advice from a Web oldie: if you're going to post your email address, make sure it's not readable by the "bots" that patrol the Net looking for email addresses to use for spam ... and worse.

A typical way: brian(at)mysteriouspeople.com. Humans will know what it means. The bot's won't.

This is called "munging".

KorMan said:
Sound advice from a Web oldie: if you're going to post your email address, make sure it's not readable by the "bots" that patrol the Net looking for email addresses to use for spam ... and worse.

A typical way: brian(at)mysteriouspeople.com. Humans will know what it means. The bot's won't.

I edited the public display of Brian's address, hoping the backend will deal with the code properly.

Back