• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Announcing The Paracast+ (or Something Like That!)

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
Some of you have suggested that we offer a special premium service, with extra features and services, for your listening and reading enjoyment.

Chris and I, along with other helpers, are busy working out ideas, and I welcome your input.

Here's what we've arrived at so far as updated on November 7, 2014:

1. Monthly subscriptions at $5.00 per billing period, or $50.00 per year.

2. Special forums not available to regular users (under construction).

3. Chat rooms and special chats with the hosts and guests (under construction).

4. Special blogs and other content available only to subscribers (under construction).

5. Discounts on premium merchandise. This is a problem right now, because we earn so little from each item.

6. Ad-free versions of new episodes.

7. Expanded availability of back episodes. This would mean that we'd move shows over a year old into the premium area.

These are just proposals. I welcome your input to help us find the best collection of services, without depriving Paracast fans of all the free stuff we've offered up till now. What this means is that the latest episodes will always be free; that will never change.

It's your turn, my friends.

I gotta tell you the "special forum" thing is a turn off. It's to much like a club and I would never join any club that would have me as a member. :) The special blogs and other things are fair enough. I will tell you and I don't mean any disrespect or harm in this. I have enjoyed the Paracast Forums and I think you do a really good job. I also think it's only fair for you to attempt to make a living. But, with so many paranormal blogs and shows and podcast out there. With so much access to news and information I will not pay a premium. But, that's just me as a long time poster and listener being honest with folks who I do respect. Of course if you can line up dynamite guest for the special chats and other unique content then who knows. At any rate good luck and I will certainly wish you the best as you attempt to branch out.

Off the top of my head I would suggest a service where you can pay to ask a (reasonable)question to a guest on the show.
I have seen many people request less adverts so maybe you could do a premium car friendly edited version of old shows with the adverts all at the end or one long break in the middle.

Off the top of my head I would suggest a service where you can pay to ask a (reasonable)question to a guest on the show.
I have seen many people request less adverts so maybe you could do a premium car friendly edited version of old shows with the adverts all at the end or one long break in the middle.

They offer this for free now, so I don't see that changing.

Our network contract doesn't let us offer the show free of ads, premium or otherwise.

I love the show, I've grown attached to it somewhat as well. I would pay for it.

Still.

Please, don't alienate (smirk and stuff) your 'userbase'.

If you want another 'alien, who, what' Forum here, I think that would do it. This is a 'sane' Haven (disagree all you will, one visit to ATS and...) for anyone interested in any paranormal subject.
As said, I would shell out some €, but 'exclusive,special access' etc. don't do it. .

My two cents.

Ive donated to the Paracast before, and should prob do so again while the exhange rate is so good.
I would subscribe for the very same reason.

Having said that, ive subscribed to other sites like unknown country, and to be frank, didnt think i got much bang for my buck.

It becomes a double edged sword then, how to provide value for the subscribers without leaving those who dont subscribe feeling like they are missing all the "good" stuff.
There is also the issue which we see time and time again, when someone is "selling" something in this genre, people form the opinion rightly or wrongly that in doing so, they are only in it for the money and as such their product is devalued as a result.

I wish i had better advice to offer, the shows creators should be rewarded for their efforts, its one of the best there is.

When it comes to "food for thought" the Paracast is a sumptuous buffet, a well laid smorgasbord of generous repast.

Paying a small plate fee, for an all you can eat feast is something we should all consider

https://www.theparacast.com/forum/bppl_donate.php?

I can hardly ask others to do what i dont myself, so i will be using that link tonight to donate $39.99 US.
If the show runs up a subscriber section, then please credit me with a years subscription, if it doesnt, its still money well spent.

Done
rounded up to 40 bucks US

Join me fellow paracastians, and buy these guys a beer and pizza. They deserve it

I'd subscribe, always been a believer in people getting reward for their hard work.

$39.95 for a whole year's worth of Paracast is good value, should be more to be honest.

Suggestions... love some extra listening content.

tbf the 'special forum' will have to be thought through imo.

It may lead to dilution to the detriment of both. I've seen it elsewhere.

I'm not against paying for the show in any way, but this doesn't seem to offer all that much. What everyone wants (an ad free show) isn't going to happen and we all know this. But that is what people would like to pay for.

A special forum and special blog doesn't do much for me. There is so much content available over the web that I can't see the benefit of such a thing. Maybe I need to know more about it. Discounted merch, .... meh. Like you said you won't be able to discount it much anyway. And I prefer to keep my interest in this kinda stuff away from friends and family. Weird I know, but I bet some of you feel the same way.

The only thing I see that would appeal to me is the chat with guests. Are you saying that all the guests would be willing to do this for a certain amount of time?? Do you have that worked out somehow or is it a case where some guests might do and others not?? In that case I would rather pay per usage instead of a recurring monthly bill. And what is the probability that all paying users will be able to communicate their opinions?? I don't do any chat rooms or anything so I don't know how it works but it seems if 50 people have an hour with a guest then some of them might not get to participate.

It's tough. I think a lot of people just want extra show content. Other memberships to paranormal type shows seem to always include extra exclusive show content for basically the same general price (ie Mysterious Universe, Kevin Smith, Coast2Coast, etc). But their models are built around paying for the show, ... or at least extra shows and plenty of archived ones. Perhaps you just pull all your episodes and make them available only to members except the current one. I wouldn't neccessarily like that but at least the $7/month would seem more worth it.

Good thoughts. Let me cover them.

1. As I said, there would be a chat room available for both hosts and guests.

2. The possibility of placing archives over a year in the premium area is being considered. Due to network contracts, of course, we can't remove ads. As for pre-network shows, the process of removing ads would mean reserving average-quality MP3 files, would result in lower audio quality.

3. Yes, we would add some special show-related content, perhaps even video-related, which is not part of the free programming.

I welcome further ideas.

I and everyone else here should be glad for the paracast's generosity. When i initially stumbled over the radio show, i was surprised you guys didnt charge a subscription fee to listen to the show monthly. My only advice would be to look into a long term solution for networking through radio locations in different states and abroad... Satellite comes to mind. Maybe instead of having all this forum money go to the show it could go to your own radio transmitter or something, via satellite or otherwise. Cutting down on adds, i know there must be a ton of red tape to get past, another thought would be to venture out and really build yourselves up PR wise, grab hold of one of those neo business millionaires like the facebook host in America and get a one add show. My two cents.

I'm all for the show making money, but premium access is definitely not something I would go for. I scoffed when the other show said they were going in that direction and I never went back and checked to see if it actually worked. The Paracast has more going for it than they did, so maybe Gene and Chris could make it work. But I get enough out of the show listening to it and coming here to the forums from time to time. It's hard to imagine people could need more than that!
Sure the ads are mostly fear-based and talk to the lowest common denominator, but we can fast forward through them. If their being there gives Gene and Chris a little extra cash that's fine with me I suppose.

Unfortunately the only ads we profit from our the ones we sell, the first minute's worth at the start of each break usually. The network spots do not enhance our meager bank balances.

I welcome your suggestions.

How will it work for overseas people? I live in england... or is it just the same?

---------- Post added at 05:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:55 AM ----------

Good thoughts. Let me cover them.

1. As I said, there would be a chat room available for both hosts and guests.

2. The possibility of placing archives over a year in the premium area is being considered. Due to network contracts, of course, we can't remove ads. As for pre-network shows, the process of removing ads would mean reserving average-quality MP3 files, would result in lower audio quality.

3. Yes, we would add some special show-related content, perhaps even video-related, which is not part of the free programming.

I welcome further ideas.

Also I needed to add How about sections of paranormal for differnt users?
I.e I like stuff about ufos and cryptozoogily and Stuff about 9/11 etc doesn't intrest me.. so kind of like pay as you go or pay for what you listen hope this makes sense its 5 am haha..

Back