• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Ancient Aliens and current UFO incidents

scrochodinger

Paranormal Novice
Is it possible that the lost ancient kingdom that made the pyramids left earth and came back time after time to check on us and maybe even initiate the campaign of spreading religion?
Are these UFO's we see today a completely different alien or its just those who left earth years ago?

Is it possible that the lost ancient kingdom that made the pyramids left earth and came back time after time to check on us and maybe even initiate the campaign of spreading religion?
Are these UFO's we see today a completely different alien or its just those who left earth years ago?
Hmmmm, where to begin? The pyramids were constructed by Egyptians. The Great Pyramid at Giza is the only pyramid to have some level of mystery to it. But, I have never seen any thing to suggest they were made by space aliens.

As to ancient advanced civilizations, yes I think there were advanced civilizations. But, I think the level of "advanced" has to be defined. There are a a bunch of examples of advanced concepts, tools, maps, even works created with super high degrees of precision.

But, none of these things is advanced enough to even remotely suggest that a former inhabitants of this planet became so technologically advanced that they could leave the confines of the Earth.

So my answer would be a resounding "No, it's not possible that UFO's represent a former terrestrial inhabitants that is just checking in." Is it possible that they are extraterrestrial in origin? Yes, it is possible. But, I find it nearly impossible to conceive of a theory that includes ancient Earthlings developing space faring technology.

pretty interesting video.. it pisses me off that the history channel allows misrepresented information to be presented as facts.

It is really important to retain healthy skepticism with respect to any serious ufology studies. If we don't, then we'll have a hard time gaining and maintaining credibility. At the same time we can't be overly dismissive, even without tangible evidence. Because UFOs are real it is still possible that UFOs have been visiting Earth for a long time, but the best evidencefor the Ancient Aliens Hypothesis IMO isn't to be found in the engineering of megalithic structures, but in the myths and legends associated with them. Some such myths can be interpreted as early sightings of UFOs or other ATECH ( alien technology ). However also let me be clear here. Even though mythology is IMO the best evidence for the AAH doesn't mean I think it's anything close to sufficient evidence. It can be very interesting to those who are drawn to it, and perhaps even compelling on an intuitional level, but it's still circumstantial at best. We cannot say with reasonable certainty that the AAH is true.

Or those examples of medieval art showing what can really only be flying vehicles in the skies.

One particular painting in Italy (think) has the saucer-shaped object sending down to the ground what looks like a Laser beam. The fact is that no-one had even heard of such coherent beams of light back then so what was the artist's inspiration for this thin, long and bright light?

Or those examples of medieval art showing what can really only be flying vehicles in the skies.

One particular painting in Italy (think) has the saucer-shaped object sending down to the ground what looks like a Laser beam. The fact is that no-one had even heard of such coherent beams of light back then so what was the artist's inspiration for this thin, long and bright light?
goggs... you must not have watched the video. it explains all that very well.

If anything its the birthplace of monotheism which might give us a pause for thought, which is interesting in itself (Read about Akhenaten and the Cult of Aten, the "solar disk" god that replaced the entire pantheon so to speak). My theory is that a monotheistic culture is more likely to develop a unified perspective of the universe (a physicalism where the unity of laws in the universe are formulated as a basis for investigation) and therefore a better scientific view than a polytheistic culture. The idea is that a polytheistic culture is more likely to attribute causes to a war between supernatural deities, but when the underlying premise for existence of any given thing is rendered to a unified god, the question is quickly answered in the minds of religionists and then further developed by investigators and scientists who wish to know more about the mechanism beyond a simplistic religious explanation. So in a sense, a monotheistic religion promotes the development in human scientific understanding. If this is true, it may be better evidence for alien intervention if somehow one were to prove that some of the cultural memes propagated after some presupposed contact actually made a difference in the scientific development of the human species overall. Such evidence may be difficult to find (or most likely buried in the very structures of the meme-plex of science culture--right under our noses so to speak) without some guidance on how we ourselves might attempt to manipulate lesser developed cultures into better scientific understanding.

I have a hunch (and that's really all it is) that the great tradition of alchemy might very well have roots in some central core meme-plex "seeded" on our planet--the effect paralleling the syncretic melting pot of religions and systems of thought forming in that region--which peaked around 2000 years ago (Syncretism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia). I don't have proof of course other than a few circumstantial and highly coincidental relationships between Cornelius Agrippa's categories of occult science and the highly critical categories of study which helped further our understanding of how our own Sun produces such a massive amount of energy (and therefore stellar nucleosynthesis)

More (rather crude) notes on this can be found here: Emerald Tablet, Alchemy and Stellar Nucleosynthesis | The Paracast Community Forums

goggs... you must not have watched the video. it explains all that very well.

No, I watched the video and there are some logical explanations for much of the art showing 'ufo's' but in my own opinion, sometimes there being a logical explanation doesn't mean it is the explanation.
I suppose things like the German Nuremburg woodcut and the Aboriginal Australian petroglyphs showing grey-alien type beings and saucer-like things are what really give me pause for thought.

Back