• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Aliens and Witches Fly

Robert Baird

Paranormal Maven
Seeing witches and aliens fly:

There are many similarities not covered in this article about various connections in sex abuse and alien abductions or interventions. One I did not see is what has been shown as the cause of all the fuss which was nothing to do with witchcraft. Not to suggest psychiatry is not a form of witchcraft or delusional Freudian obsessions and compulsions. That cause might have a lot to do with what ails people experiencing visions of aliens rather than sugarplums and such. In Salem it was a fungus in their bread - called ergot. Today we have allergies caused by food additives and toxic drug build up from over the counter drugs. It may not be a good thing to have mind control but the growing number of idiotic cultists could warrant the use of remote implanting and more.

"Both the claims of satanic ritual abuse and abductions by space aliens have similarities to the Salem witchcraft trials. Almost certainly the definitive work on devil worship in Salem Village (the town of Salem was almost completely unaffected) in Massachusetts in 1692 is Starkey's The Devil in Massachusetts (1949).

The sufferers generally were adolescent girls. Starkey points out the dullness of their lives, their relatively low status, the fact that their lives were "on hold" until they married, the general public interest in witchcraft, the willingness of the clergy (the psychotherapists of that era) to believe their claims, their "contagious" influences on one another's claims of victimization, their increased status that resulted from these claims, and the validation of their claims from community support that led to the deaths of many of those whom they accused.

Many women, and a few men, were hanged and one man was pressed to death as a result of accusations of witchcraft made against them by adolescent girls. This evidence brought against the convicted witches was spectral evidence. The accusers "saw" events, such as witches flying to satanic rituals in the Reverend Parris's orchard, "saw" evil spirits at the witchcraft trials, and "felt" the strength of these spirits as they choked their victims while in the act of accusing the witches persecuting them.

As Starkey notes (1949, p. 251), Salem Village was "so odd a site for God to choose as the battleground between heaven and hell." The infestation of witches began in the Reverend Parris's own kitchen, where Tabitha, a Black slave, informed a group of adolescent girls on the art of magic. Among the visitors to Tabitha's kitchen was Ann Putnam. Her mother, a semi-invalid, had persons she regarded as enemies in Salem. Ann was very close to her mother. Ann first, then other young women, accused persons (almost all women) residing in Salem village of witchcraft. The idea of witchcraft was in the air; four children in Boston had been bewitched six years earlier and it took the work of four ministers, including the redoubtable Cotton Mather, and the hanging of the witch, to restore the children to normalcy. Mather's book on the topic had wide circulation and the Reverend Parris is known to have had a copy (Starkey, 1949, pp. 21-22). The symptoms experienced by the young women of Salem Village were the same as those earlier experienced by the children in Boston. Starkey also notes other means by which these young women could develop parallel sets of symptoms to earlier cases and to one another.

Some of the accused managed to escape, but of those tried, all were convicted and all put to death except (as the accusations spread) those who were willing to turn "state's evidence" and testify against others. Notably pious persons, such as Rebecca Nourse, died by hanging.

The young women afflicted by witches were sought out as witch-finders by other communities, but began to suffer defeats. They identified Robert Calef as a witch; he began suit against them for defamation of character, and they fell silent (Starkey, 1949, p. 195). At Ipswich they met an old woman and had the convulsions that identified her as a witch, but the people of Ipswich ignored them. The same kind of spiritual messages that had identified witches told Mary Herrick that the wife of John Hale, a very prominent minister, was invading her dreams (Starkey, pp. 223-225). Other witch finders accused the wife of Governor Phips of being a witch (Starkey, pp. 232-233), and even Cotton Mather, Massachusetts' leading theologian, was accused (Starkey, p.265).

Respected citizens began to question the witchcraft proceedings. Judge Richard Pike wrote Judge Jonathan Corwin (one of the panel of judges hearing the witchcraft cases) arguing that trial procedures were questionable. Thomas Brattle, a wealthy Boston merchant, circulated an open letter stating that it was disgraceful that magistrates based their judgments on common gossip, irresponsible "confessions" and the pretensions of the afflicted girls. Neighbors who earlier feared to speak, lest they, too, be accused, petitioned for the release of persons accused of witchcraft (Starkey, 1949, pp.216-220). Dutch theologians in the former New Amsterdam, by then renamed New York, were questioned by Joseph Dudley, a former deputy governor of Massachusetts. They denied that spectral evidence (on which all convictions rested) could be trusted (Starkey, 1949, pp.238-240).

Governor Phips had equivocated, but the spread of accusations (including those against his wife), expressions of doubt by leading citizens, and the Dutch theologians' denial of the validity of spectral evidence, led him to change the rules. Spectral evidence was not allowed and 49 of the 52 persons scheduled for trial were not tried. Three were tried and convicted. Judge Stoughton signed their death warrants as well as those of five previously convicted witches but Governor Phips reprieved them all. Some remained in prison for some time, since they had to pay their room-and-board before release, but eventually all who survived imprisonment were released. Despite the wholesale jail delivery of witches, the previously afflicted young women no longer manifested their seizures or other symptoms. They no longer had a responsive audience.

Some of the judges, such as Samuel Sewall, admitted error, which others such as Stoughton and Hathorne (grandfather of Nathaniel Hawthorne, who wrote of these events in "Goodman Brown") did not. Reparations were made to surviving witches and children of those killed. Starkey notes:

Massachusetts had come out of its delusion not without honor. There had been misery, injustice, bloodshed, but at the worst nothing on such a scale as had in the recent past been suffered in witch-hunts in England, on the Continent, and in Sweden. In comparison with historical precedents, the panic in Massachusetts had been distinguished less by its violence than by the pertinacity with which sanity had struggled for domination from the first and by which it had finally prevailed (Starkey, p.29 1).

Discussion

The similarity between claims of recovered memories of childhood sexual abuse, satanic ritual abuse, and abductions by space aliens are clear. The same sequence of events occurs. The person claiming that such events have transpired (1) is unhappy and feels that "something is wrong," (2) with the aid of a therapist, begins to recall the details of the abuse or kidnapping, (3) further therapy, along with interaction with fellow sufferers, evokes ever more memories which are, in turn, (4) validated by the therapist, the support group of fellow sufferers (In other words - a circle jerk.), and the general community.

The events in Salem Village followed a similar pattern. The girls led relatively low-status and boring lives until they became involved in allegations of witchcraft."

IPT Journal - "Parallels Between Recollections of Repressed Childhood Sex Abuse, Kidnappings by Space Aliens, and the Salem Witch Hunts"

Discussion ... The similarity between claims of recovered memories of childhood sexual abuse, satanic ritual abuse, and abductions by space aliens are clear ...
OK, but does that prove all cases where alien abduction has been a factor are actually childhood sexual abuse or satanic ritual abuse? No. The article also quotes Harvard Psychiatrist John Mack M.D. as a source, but conveniently leaves out a lot of other things Mack has documented. If you have not read his classic book Abduction, I suggest that you do so. In it and other books on the subject, you will find that there are also some factors of the alien abduction experience that don't fit the stereotypical outline in the article you quoted. For one thing, not all cases have something to do with sexual contact. Mack himself said: "There is not a single abduction case in my experience or that of other investigators ( for example, Jacobs 1992, p.285 ) that has turned out to have masked a history of sexual abuse." ( Mack - Abduction, Page18 ).

Of course that doesn't mean that such a thing has never happened. However it does mean that assuming claims of alien abduction are in most cases masked experiences of sexual or satanic abuse, is a position unsubstantiated by the evidence looked at by at least one qualified professional researcher, including one quoted by the writers of the article.

Well aware of Mack and yes, also aware of what psychiatrists and academics do to demean him.

So - do we begin a sincere quest to find out what is actually going on inside the mind of people who have these experiences? I am told I must not jump topics or do what I call integrating. Should you create a thread with the topic heading What is the psychopathology of abductees?

No I think not. I think the thread where I have started this topic is Archetypes etc. I will go get the link and tag it for you.

Unfortunately it has been hi-jacked by trolls with yo-yo tendencies. Maybe you can quote what you think I would say about the psychoanalysis of abductees from any thread of mine and start a new thread starting out with a request that no one reply who has not read what has been said for a week or so - until we actually agree on what I say AND you say.

This is called Active Listening and it makes it possible to have genuine communication rather than some slap on the back denial called things like Therapy (cognitive can be OK). In Covey's second great book he goes past Active Listening to Empathic Listening - which I would give Mack more credit for than almost all others.

The Alien Archetype | Page 2 | The Paracast Community Forums

Last edited:
Well aware of Mack and yes, also aware of what psychiatrists and academics do to demean him.

So - do we begin a sincere quest to find out what is actually going on inside the mind of people who have these experiences? I am told I must not jump topics or do what I call integrating. Should you create a thread with the topic heading What is the psychopathology of abductees?

No I think not. I think the thread where I have started this topic is Archetypes etc. I will go get the link and tag it for you.

Unfortunately it has been hi-jacked by trolls with yo-yo tendencies. Maybe you can quote what you think I would say about the psychoanalysis of abductees from any thread of mine and start a new thread starting out with a request that no one reply who has not read what has been said for a week or so - until we actually agree on what I say AND you say.

This is called Active Listening and it makes it possible to have genuine communication rather than some slap on the back denial called things like Therapy (cognitive can be OK). In Covey's second great book he goes past Active Listening to Empathic Listening - which I would give Mack more credit for than almost all others.

The Alien Archetype | Page 2 | The Paracast Community Forums
Let's carry on here. After all, the article you linked to is in your opening post here along with the related discussion and my response to that. No need to switch threads.

That article is not what I think about archetypes, memes. NLP, symbology, gematria and other ways of religious and mind control indoctrination. In fact it is my point that it does not even address the real cause of the witchcraft trials - Ergot. It is a rather weak piece of semi-academic nonsense.

I will go and get the stuff on Persinger's God Helmet and how messages are sent to the minds of sensitive people or targeted people. Unless you already know of this DIA research that goes back to my partner and his work with Canada's Dept of Communications in the 60s and other outgrowths of Camp X and Tavistock including sending thoughts to Hitler to cause a major break down in his efficiency and health.

I do not recall Mack going any distance down that road, correct me if I am wrong.

Chomsky developed NLP and the CIA uses it but it is VERY old. Very powerful and used by psychiatrists who abuse their power and it. Needless to say the discussion will have pages of stuff to read, then deciding what priority to set for the agenda of exploration. Are you up for it?

Unless you already know of this DIA research that goes back to my partner and his work with Canada's Dept of Communications in the 60s and other outgrowths of Camp X and Tavistock...
RTB, you mention a lot of these "secret bases" like Camp X, etc., but I don't know anything about these places. Since you had some associations with these places, can you detail what these places were used for and what they accomplished in another thread about this?

Also, another thread on all your associations people/places surrounding Las Vegas and region would be helpful too.

Thanks.

That article is not what I think about archetypes, memes. NLP, symbology, gematria and other ways of religious and mind control indoctrination. In fact it is my point that it does not even address the real cause of the witchcraft trials - Ergot. It is a rather weak piece of semi-academic nonsense.

I will go and get the stuff on Persinger's God Helmet and how messages are sent to the minds of sensitive people or targeted people. Unless you already know of this DIA research that goes back to my partner and his work with Canada's Dept of Communications in the 60s and other outgrowths of Camp X and Tavistock including sending thoughts to Hitler to cause a major break down in his efficiency and health.

I do not recall Mack going any distance down that road, correct me if I am wrong.

Chomsky developed NLP and the CIA uses it but it is VERY old. Very powerful and used by psychiatrists who abuse their power and it. Needless to say the discussion will have pages of stuff to read, then deciding what priority to set for the agenda of exploration. Are you up for it?
I heard about Persinger years ago and have read papers and watched videos with him in it. Also heard the Ergot theory for the witchcraft trials. My response above was to the part you titled "Discussion". But we don't have to continue with that if you don't want to. I'm not sure there's much more to add anyway. Every abduction case will have it's own unique individuals to go along with them and I'm not really interested in sifting through them all here.

My present perspective on alien abduction is that because I'm a believer in alien visitation, I don't think it's a big stretch from there to abductions. But that doesn't mean I've made the leap in logic to that of an AA believer. In the end, IMO, even though I've experienced some of the same things experiencers have reported, all we can say with reasonable certainty is that something strange has happened to some people, and we are at a loss to fully explain it.

Dear Ufology

Fair - no need on my end either. I can explain all the alien stuff and even a possibility of long distance Interstellar contact which would fit your 'strange' remark.

Dear DS

Camp X had shows on it for the last two years on the History Channel, It includes the stuff they had on Dieppe and Ian Fleming. Tavistock was a major tie in with mind control as seen in Bond movies and covered by Scientology - articles on the web, about psychiatry doing what they themselves do.

The other stuff is already commented upon here (I just did some more posts including some of it.). I cannot cover ten years in SoCal and LV in a few comments. It was and is a hotbed of UFO stuff. People hear and feel the returning Aurora or other planes (etc.). Cal Tech seismographic equipment picks it up hundreds of miles out to sea.

I will be off line for a few hours - going to Port Alberni. Tell Mike to eat some warm stuff for me.

Back