• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Aliens Among Us

trickman

Paranormal Novice
The most amazing cases alien abduction, UFO sightings and government cover-ups seen in this television series programs, raised 1998 production by the (English) Channel 5. With dozens of testimonies of abductees, interviews with prominent researchers (ufology) and experts from around the world, designed to approximate, if not the truth. In a world where weird is normal ....

http://atia-ufo.blogspot.com/2011/07/aliens-among-us.html

Lear does sound crazy the few times I've heard him. Lazar remains in my gray box simply because of George Knapp who I do respect.

Hey don't "imbrogno" George man! :p

I'm gonna start using that. "Don't Imbrogno me man!" :p That can be the new saying in the "field" so remember you heard it here first. ;)

My point is that George let Phil Imbrogno slide like everyone else and that Lazar is another person whose references don't check out. Obviously, these things are nothing but book commercials and not any sort of critical appraisal of the research or researcher. The interviewers apparently don't read the books or are extremely reluctant to be critical of their guests. George is no exception. Politeness and a mutual understanding that they are there to promote a book probably has a lot to do with it. Plus, you piss off your guest and they won't come back on.

I guess I'm not sure what "Don't Imbrogno me man!" might mean. "Don't blow my fantasy with your facts!" maybe?

T.O in this case you are taking it much more seriously than I am. :p It's a joke or a play on words. Like don't slander me man or don't diss me. Anyway, if ya have to explain a joke then it just...Awww nevermind. :p

Gotta say, I've never understood ufology's everlasting fascination with Lazar. He's a one-trick-pony of worse than dubious credibility and no corroborating evidence. George Knapp has always presented Lazar on a "take him for what it's worth" basis. Which is a credit to Knapp's professionalism.

Gotta say, I've never understood ufology's everlasting fascination with Lazar. He's a one-trick-pony of worse than dubious credibility and no corroborating evidence. George Knapp has always presented Lazar on a "take him for what it's worth" basis. Which is a credit to Knapp's professionalism.

If I understand it correctly there are a couple of things that keep coming up in justification of Lazar. One is the story of him knowing when testing was going to be done at Groom Lake and taking Lear and his buddies out to see it. Another is the description of the cafeteria at the facility. Neither of those two things really overcome the other problems with his story for me however. Lazar was either used to inject more bullshit into the mythos by parties unknown (AFOSI, ONI) or was just another opportunist. He seems like such an unlikely saucer engineer it isn't even funny.

If I understand it correctly there are a couple of things that keep coming up in justification of Lazar.

There definitely does seem to be assorted aspects of his story that keep him around, but most of it seems able to be thrown away. Those odd tidbits though always made me take pause. It does make him seem, overall, like either a bullshit-injector, as was just said in very poetic form above, or a guy that knows a guy sort.

Back