• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

A shared encounter with my daughter

Mrsbattle

Paranormal Novice
I am very new to forums but I would like to share this experience. I have always been able to sense things and see things since I was a little girl but I always try to rationalize or just ignore them. However there was a time when over a month I would see a man. Every night for about a month he would peep in my room as if he was trying to see if I was sleeping. I was so afraid that I stop sleeping with my door open at night. One day I go into my daughters room and notice that she took down all of the posters she had on her wall. I asked her why and she said because "Eric would come in her room and make all the pictures look scary". I told her to describe Eric and when she did she described the man that would peep in my room at night. From his hat to the thing he had in his hand, which she told me was a knife. I asked her was she afraid and she no because another man comes to her and tell her not to talk to Eric and that he was a bad man and just trying to scare her. She said that he killed 3 women before. I never seen the other visitor she claimed she had but Eric I seen every night. I tried to look up the man but I found nothing. The only evidence that I have that this man was haunting my home was the shared encountered I had with my daughter.

It was like a top hat. He had on a suit and tie like attire, he was a black man tall and slender. I don't know what his facial features where because it was dark and he always just took a peak in my room and left.

I am very new to forums but I would like to share this experience. I have always been able to sense things and see things since I was a little girl but I always try to rationalize or just ignore them. However there was a time when over a month I would see a man. Every night for about a month he would peep in my room as if he was trying to see if I was sleeping. I was so afraid that I stop sleeping with my door open at night. One day I go into my daughters room and notice that she took down all of the posters she had on her wall. I asked her why and she said because "Eric would come in her room and make all the pictures look scary". I told her to describe Eric and when she did she described the man that would peep in my room at night. From his hat to the thing he had in his hand, which she told me was a knife. I asked her was she afraid and she no because another man comes to her and tell her not to talk to Eric and that he was a bad man and just trying to scare her. She said that he killed 3 women before. I never seen the other visitor she claimed she had but Eric I seen every night. I tried to look up the man but I found nothing. The only evidence that I have that this man was haunting my home was the shared encountered I had with my daughter.
Why didn't you call the police to report an intruder in your home?

You can cease seeing these things if you want. Especially for your daughter, you could lead her to a place where these 'apparitions' no longer occur. Are you interested in that?

Your avatar suggests to me that you are not and that you are more keen on the spooky-story-scare-the-listener - but I could be wrong.

Fact is, we can have total command of what we 'see' and do not 'see' in the subtle realm. Also, the subtle realms cannot hurt us - we are not in danger from it - all the movies to the contrary notwithstanding. The only danger is from our own minds and emotions.

@ Tyger for me no, I do love scary things but for her yes because it completely freaked her out she was 8 at the time. I would like to know how to ward off the scary ones when they tend to show up more than once. @Goggs I never heard of the hat man but I will be sure to look it up. @Ufology because I have witness these things my whole you can sense spirits which I am sure you know kind of like the something in the room you can sense it but you can't see it...it's the same feeling.

@ Tyger for me no, I do love scary things but for her yes because it completely freaked her out she was 8 at the time. I would like to know how to ward off the scary ones when they tend to show up more than once.

At her age it is very likely she was 'picking up' your imaginations in this area.

For such a young child, tell her to think of beautiful things in nature - like a field of buttercups rippling in a tall green field of grasses, and waving in a sweet-scented breeze under a sparkling sun. Tell her to imagine the sky with its puffy white clouds so blue as blueberries-and-cream and think of the scent of roses - imagine the rose, the velevety petals, call up the fragrance. Tell her a story rich with these images - and with goodness and grace - and protection woven into the images and storyline. There are wonderful stories you can get if you can't think one up. [Nature is extremely important - take her into the snow, let her swim with the dolphins - nature is the great healer.]

I am reminded of the Romans since I am currently doing a lot of reading of the period leading up to the period after the fall of Rome. The Romans were incredibly nervous, very superstitious, jumping out of their skins at the merest breath of an elemental being. It's really an impediment to intellectual thought as evidenced with the Greeks, who were far more grounded - the Delphic Pythia notwithstanding - and as a result were able to really use their intellects. The Romans - even acknowledging their amazing engineering feats - did not really add to the intellectual treasure trove of humankind. There is a trade-off whenever the 'psychic' is indulged.

@Goggs I never heard of the hat man but I will be sure to look it up.

Oliver Sacks book: "The Man Who Mistook His Wife For A Hat: And Other Clinical Tales".

Keep in mind that 'psychism' is not acknowledged in mainstream psychology as a legitimate experience. Rather it is interpreted as an aberration - 'hallucination' - but you probably already know that. However, Carl Jung seriously considered it.

If you are cursed/gifted (take your pick) with an atavistic clairvoyance, you need to understand the realm you are 'looking into' and how you both manifest and draw to you in that realm. It's not a place you really want to go - the potential for derangement is very real. Always distrust anything that seeks to make you fear. Seek out meditation - Buddhist meditation is good - attached to a teacher - because this realm you are finding yourself connected to they talk about in their world view and you may discover a path through it to your advantage.

@Ufology because I have witness these things my whole you can sense spirits which I am sure you know kind of like the something in the room you can sense it but you can't see it...it's the same feeling.

The key is to bring these things into conscious thought and self-knowledge. The subtle realm you are both sensing and 'seeing' is 'peopled' with people's imaginative creations. They do not have independent life (exactly as we view 'life'). You are in a hall of mirrors. It is a place one can wander for a long time. It's up to you - your free will choice and inner work - how long you stay there.

Back