• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

A personal experience with Steven Greer's "CSETI" seminar

Lorenso

Paranormal Novice
Hello: I'm a new listener and I've been trying to get caught up with past episodes, and I came across your Greer interviews. At the time there was some question as to what goes on in his "Ambassador" program, so perhaps I have something to contribute. I attended a 1-day seminar that had a sky-watching/medidation portion that night. I heard the Michael Horn interview first, and so I was hoping you were going to disembowel Greer, but I discovered the hosts had fallen for the same "Mr Disclosure" facade as I! I love you guys for getting to the bottom of it, without sitting through 8 hours of Greer. Anyway, here's my story from that evening, which I wrote up the next day:

I do not remember when I first heard of Dr. Steven Greer and his organizations CSETI and Disclosure Project, but I had come across mentions of his name in both podcast interviews and in links on the web over the years. When I found out that he would be holding a workshop in the area, I decided to sign up, just to see what would happen.
My general impression of Dr. Greer was that he was a type of Contactee who claimed to have a group meditation technique that could actually create an interaction with ET Intelligence, generally in the form of UFO activity. I had not yet read any of his books, but I found from his websites that he is also a big Disclosure advocate. Furthermore, Dr. Greer was a physician who gave all that up to pursue disclosure and set up CSETI. You have to admire that level of commitment and it made me think that something significant must have happened to this man to keep him going all these years.
From what I gleaned from his website, Dr. Greer seemed to fit in generally as a Disclosure advocate and Contactee. That all sounded interesting enough for me, so I signed up for his CSETI "CE-5 workshop". I have to confess that I knew little about him at this point, but the little I knew was positive enough-- and if he could produce a UFO at the end of the day, he'd have me convinced!
My first disappointment started early, when I got the reading materials in the mail. The book I received, "Hidden Truth" was apparently a transcription from his biographical lectures, and runs like a stream-of-consciousness biography of a Contactee. Greer's early years were very much like other "Abductees", "Experiencers" and Contactees-- filled with abuse, neglect, and illness. Why so many UFO experiencers (as well as Near-Death experiencers) have also had difficult childhood experiences is yet another mystery, but it is well documented.
Dr. Greer was also like many other Experiencers in that he was able to transcend his difficult upbringing. In his case, he spent years studying meditation and spirituality (TM and Baha'i) and then went on to get a Medical degree.
I have read books by other Contactees and Channelers before, and the one thing that stands out about this group is that they are the ones that have all the answers. While the MUFON people are puzzling over a melted drop of aluminum and Crop Circle researchers stare at unintelligible symbols written in wheat, Contactees often know EXACTLY what's going on. Unfortunately, they never agree, except to tell you that all the others are wrong.
In summary, here are some of Dr. Greer's answers to our questions:
Q. What are UFOs?
Answer: Advanced, peaceful and wise life forms that use the technology/wisdom as described in Vedic scriptures to create high-tech vehicles and travel vast distances.
Q. What is the ET Agenda?
Answer: They are ALL GOOD, and here to help. Like Guardian Angels, they keep the world from blowing up until we humans come to figure out how to become enlightened beings.
Q. Then what about the Alien Abductions?
Answer: They are ALL done by shadowy human organizations ("The Majestic Group") in order to scare us and make us hate the GOOD ETs. Same goes for Cattle Mutilations!
Q. How does this military group pull off these complex abductions and mutilations?
Answer: The "Majestic" people have super-technology, almost as good as the ETs, and they keep it from the rest of humanity for their own nefarious purposes.
Q. Why does this story seem so different from what the "mainstream" UFO investigators have to say?
Answer: The "mainstream" investigators are thoroughly infiltrated by "spooks", bribed, and drug-addled.
Like many conspiracy theorists, you find on the web, the world he describes is run by a supernaturally powerful group of insiders. These guys are the ones who killed the Kennedys, got rid of Marilyn Monroe, orchestrated Watergate, listen to our every conversation, have bases on the moon, and have all the patents to give us free energy and end poverty. They also have death rays and can take us out that way any time they want.
The most disappointing thing about Greer's story to me was the amount of secrecy he maintains over his sources. Many of his most revealing interviews that tell us the most about these shadowy groups were with unnamed sources. For someone so interested in Government disclosure, Steven Greer holds an awful lot of secrets himself. He even intimated in the book and said more clearly during his lecture, that he has "explosive" secret information, which is what protects him from getting zapped by the "Majestic" people. He keeps this information secret but threatens to reveal it if they ever "get" him.
By the time I set out for Greer's CE-5 workshop, my bubble was about half-deflated. But, I thought, he must know a lot about meditation, so I'll learn something there, and if I actually see a UFO tonight, well that would be something!
So, with some trepidation that I might be wasting my time, but hopeful that I wasn't, I set off for the workshop in Petaluma, California at the Institute of Noetic Sciences.
Dr. Greer is a big man, with an athletic weight lifter’s build. He speaks with a Southern accent that reminded me of a gay Al Gore. He arrived with a small entourage consisting of two middle-aged women, a worshipful, doe-eyed young man and a security detail of two guards.
The workshop was sold out, with about 70 attendees. At $175 per person, I calculated the event must have grossed about $12,250. After the costs of transportation, hotels and security, I am sure he had a small profit, but I imagine billing Medicare would be a much easier way for an MD to make money.
The daylight component of the workshop consisted almost entirely of Dr. Greer re-hashing what was in his book. He would occasionally needle us for not having read it, but I got the sense from the attendees that they, like me, had nearly all read the whole thing. Some attendees seemed quite devoted. Dr. Greer did not seem interested in taking questions. He took a couple at the end of the talk, but ran out the clock by elaborating and telling un-related stories (also from the book).
He struck me as surprisingly egotistical and even mean for someone who has spent so many years in meditative contemplation. One attendee, who clearly had studied Vedic theology, asked a technical question, filled with Vedic jargon. Dr. Greer quickly rejoined with a quote, "such ignorance is spoken in so many large words" and flashed a grin at one of his followers.
Later, Dr. Greer produced photos of a mummified "Alien Child" discovered in Peru ("you don't know what desiccated means? Look it up, it means dried up"). He spoke of it like a new case that he was busy investigating. It looked to my untrained eye like a freeze-dried fetus, so I asked him how it was different from a normal fetus. He squinted at me, "are you a doctor?” Shortly after that, while explaining why he needed a security detail up here in hippie central, he suggested (in jest?) I might be one of the infiltrators out to get him.
We finished the daylight portion of the workshop by viewing his video and photographic evidence. As seems so often the case, the most spectacular encounters he describes on the website and in his book all occurred when no video or camera was available. For some reason, it was about a decade into his CSETI project before they thought of purchasing a decent video camera, and all the best sightings had apparently already happened by then.
We saw slides of the usual type of UFO footage-- strange things in the sky. We also watched the CSETI footage that was captured more recently, and excluding all UFOs that acted just like satellites and shooting stars, there were a handful of light anomalies. I guess even Greer's best ET friends are camera-shy.
During the break for dinner, I joined some others in the group for burritos. It was interesting to hear their ideas and impressions. Two women seemed determined to agree with everything Greer had to say. A third was very much like me, critically open-minded. We were all hopeful that he would produce a UFO that evening and perfectly willing to suspend judgment. We did have another attendee who was very concerned about what might happen. She was from Eastern Europe and her English was rough, but apparently, she thought that making retail contact with ETs was against some kind of NASA International Law and we might contract alien viruses or something. I could not tell if she was being deliberately enigmatic, or was having trouble expressing herself!
By this point, I suspect a lot of us were thinking he had better produce a UFO, because the rest of the story was not holding up very well. So we headed back up the hill with our cameras and folding chairs and EM meters and night-vision goggles and high hopes that this experiment in collective psychic communication would finally reveal something new about the UFO phenomenon.
As night fell, Dr. Greer was as garrulous as ever, telling us more stories out of the book we'd all read. We all sat straining at the stars trying to spot something unusual and wondering when we would get to the point when Dr. Greer would do his thing and pull down an ET. The story telling continued, along with some shooting stars and satellite observations, for about two hours. A couple of poor abductees spoke up with questions about missing time experiences and having met ETs but unable to get over the terror of the experience. Dr. Greer let them down gently-- if you are scared of the ET, then you need to get over it. Missing time? Who knows, probably nothing?
Dr. Greer had an interesting prop for the night-- a police radar detector that made audible noises and seemed to punctuate what Dr. Greer was saying at random moments. Dr. Greer seemed to think these noises were significant. I could not help but notice that our mountainside outpost had a direct line of sight to Highway 101 in the valley floor, so these alarms could just as well have been the occasional CHP rounding a bend, headlights shining right at us. He called the sounds "information download", which of course SETI gets all the time and suppresses.
As midnight rolled around, Dr. Greer seemed to begin to lose steam, and we finally attempted the meditation "protocol" under the stars. As a spiritual liturgy, it was quite beautiful. We all sat together and meditated on peace and cosmic harmony. Following the meditation, he asked for any messages or visions. I am not good at this kind of stuff, so I had nothing to offer. A few folks had various sensations of meeting cosmic beings and attempted to invite them down. These beings did not seem to take us very seriously however, because in both reports, the ETs wanted to know what the hell we wanted. Unfortunately, our ambassadors for the night could not think of anything convincing enough, and no one came to visit.
And so, at around 12:30am, we finished. I did not wait around to hold hands and give thanks. Some people applauded, but I'm not sure why. I just packed up my shit and headed back to the car so I could get home as fast as I could.

P.S. Dr. Greer apparently has a very active astral life. While he never got to meet Bill Clinton in person, he says he has met with the President a number of times astrally and the two would confer. He also says he keeps the Secret Service busy with tips on assassination attempts that he has Remote Viewed and been able to avert. Most recently, he informed them of an attempted IED attack by the “Majestic” people on President Obama. I did not get the chance to ask him why the Majestic people cannot just hit him with a cancer ray beam.

Thanks for the report. It confirms what I have read of others experiences with Greer. Has anyone actually verified that he has a valid medical degree or that he actually practiced medicine? At this point I don't think anything he says about himself can be trusted. He is obviously a "cult" figure who enjoys being the center of attention. I am no expert but from watching him speak and reading accounts like yours I have to question his mental health.

Is there no end to the absolute B.S. that dominates Ufology? The more I read about Ufology in general the more convinced I am of the impossibility of it ever being taken seriously by the mainstream. The study of UFOs has degraded into the study of Ufologists and UFO cultists. Greer is a UFO cultist if there ever was one. He is on par with Adamski, Van Tassel, and others of that bent.

I try to avoid personality bashing, but in this particular case it's nigh impossible. Just one piece of advice though: Don't drink the kool aid.

Joseph Burkes talks about his experience with Greer. He claims to have witnessed Greer calling down a triangle UFO and some other experiences with Greer's organization.

I can't stand the guy. Loathe? Gareth, 'despise' is about right and there aren't many people in this world who earn (really earn!) that emotion.

He's running several 'free energy' companies. A well-known cess-pool of hucksters and thieves (ask Costner). Why 'several?' I'd suspect they are used to slosh funds around and if he's the CEO of any of them, he can funnel investors cash to himself as salary. 'If' he was smart, he'd have several family members installed as vice-presidents, researchers and accountants...all salaried. 'If' he was smart, he could move capital from one company to another. This way, a potential investor could be shown the 'bottom line' and be reassured of a good investment.

Of course, all this is thinking out loud, speculative and theoretical. It's not intended as slander or libel. :)

I understand four daughters have gone through Ivy League educations? I could be wrong. If so, that's an outlay of several hundreds of thousands of dollars. Disposable income? Or second mortgage? Who knows?

It's only my opinion, but I think he's done as much damage to the credibility of the UFO field as John Lear. He's tarnished everyone he's associated with. Whether it's from stealing the Rockefeller Briefing Document and attempting to copyright and sell it as his own, or claiming to 'brief' guys like Woolsley, he's a cancer to the subject.

It's hard to even comprehend why some people have faith in him. Harder still to understand why they defend him. I guess some folk wil always be attracted to the 'wrong guy' and if he didn't exist, they'd be chasing another nine dollar note or three-legged horse.

I can't disagree with anything you said. I just presented the MUFON video as more Greer strangeness. You have to wonder why they split. I wonder if he talks about it on the extended video.

I read the OP and just got all carried away. He pisses me off and I vented without reading the thread. My computer currently acts up if I try to watch videos so I have to rip a video before I can watch them. Firefox 'plug-in container' keeps crashing and locking the system. I'll try and dl your vid. The guy must have done some good, somewhere? Nobody is all bad. :)

I cant believe people fall for this crap. Especially when Greer ads the meditation crap to it. Don't get me wrong I believe in meditation but not when he starts mixing it with this kind of stuff . Doesn't he have ILS? I believe he does from some of the footage I've seen of him.

I read the OP and just got all carried away. He pisses me off and I vented without reading the thread. My computer currently acts up if I try to watch videos so I have to rip a video before I can watch them. Firefox 'plug-in container' keeps crashing and locking the system. I'll try and dl your vid. The guy must have done some good, somewhere? Nobody is all bad. :)

I think that with Greer any good done was purely an accident.

Hey, I've always thought he sounded gay, and I wonder about his marriage.

There's a lot of internet rumours about him being gay and he does have a very camp, effeminate way about him. Who knows? Then again, who cares? He could be into dogs for all we know and he'd still be a shit human being!

Maybe he swings three ways? Men, women and 'light beings?'

You know I find that Steven Greer really fascinating to look at,

I cant quite put my finger on it but you know when David Icke say's that certain individuals are in actual fact Lizard people in disguise ? well thats what I find fascinating about the man I look at him intentley incase his guise may slip.

Not that I subcribe to the theories of David Icke.

You know I find that Steven Greer really fascinating to look at,

I cant quite put my finger on it but you know when David Icke say's that certain individuals are in actual fact Lizard people in disguise ? well thats what I find fascinating about the man I look at him intentley incase his guise may slip.

Not that I subcribe to the theories of David Icke.

That's just trolling now, right ?....RIGHT ?

Back