• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

9th planet (larger than Earth) discovered in our solar system

Creepy Green Light

Paranormal Adept
Last edited:
Cool find but am i wrong for being curious why something like this is only now coming to light (;)) considering some of the other discoveries (albeit hypothetical ones) that have been made from well outside our solar system?

I thought this was interesting of course - we live in a universe that is even more mysterious than we can imagine. And we are just beginning to reach into the outermost part of our own solar system. It was not that long ago when the Kuiper Belt was discovered. Hopefully we will not blow ourselves up so that we will have time to learn more.

But if the model proposed is correct, then its closest approach to the sun is seven times further than Neptune, which would take it out of the running for Stitchin's Niburu. Any Anunnaki out there would never get close to earth and would be rather cold. Although if I were the astronomer who ended up getting to name it, I would be tempted to call it that.

http://www.sciencemag.org/news/2016...eptune-sized-planet-lurks-unseen-solar-system

Last edited:
I thought this was interesting of course - we live in a universe that is even more mysterious than we can imagine. And we are just beginning to reach into the outermost part of our own solar system. It was not that long ago when the Kuiper Belt was discovered. Hopefully we will not blow ourselves up so that we will have time to learn more.

But if the model proposed is correct, then its closest approach to the sun is seven times further than Neptune, which would take it out of the running for Stitchin's Niburu. Any Anunnaki out there would never get close to earth and would be rather cold. Although if I were the astronomer who ended up getting to name it, I would be tempted to call it that.

http://www.sciencemag.org/news/2016...eptune-sized-planet-lurks-unseen-solar-system
That would be pretty cool if they did name it Nibiru. It's incredible to think of all the things that are out there that we have no clue about.

I realize that there are new discoveries on this very planet being made all the time and getting some time with the handful of suitable scopes around the world involves a lengthy wait...or so I would think... but being that Mr. Sitchin had been promoting Planet X for decades seems like someone would have wanted to prove it was all baloney and maybe take a shot at any discoveries out there in the neighborhood, however far out that would be. Does anybody know if there was any scientific attempt at proving him wrong?

I just heard an interview with the man who kicked Pluto out of the fraternity talking about the discovery. I'll post the link to the podcast when it's up.

I realize that there are new discoveries on this very planet being made all the time and getting some time with the handful of suitable scopes around the world involves a lengthy wait...or so I would think... but being that Mr. Sitchin had been promoting Planet X for decades seems like someone would have wanted to prove it was all baloney and maybe take a shot at any discoveries out there in the neighborhood, however far out that would be. Does anybody know if there was any scientific attempt at proving him wrong?

Most of the science I have seen was based around the 2012 hysteria and Nancy Lieder's claims about Planet X, which she associated with Niburu. A number of astronomists pointed out that a large planet approaching the inner solar system would be readily visible with pronounced gravitational effects.

Stitchin, wisely enough given the problems with setting dates that are based on the near future, wrote that Nibiru last passed here around 556 BC, which means that it would return sometime around AD 2900. I have also read about a 2085 time line, but in either event it might be hard to detect - perhaps as hard as the "ninth planet" might prove to be.

Apart from textual criticisms of Stitchin's unique translation - which is very important - the main thing I have seen is that the orbital path does not work. Mike Brown has stated that the orbit described would not last a million years.

Mike Brown's Planets: I do not ♥ pseudo-science

Last edited:
Just the fact that it seems like there is a 9th planet in our own solar system with an elliptical orbit is amazing to me. It doesn't have to exactly match up with Sitchen's version of an extra planet. Just the fact that there is one and it has an elliptical orbit is mind blowing to me.

Maybe we could start a movement. #niburu
But I do not know if I should be surprised by the number of people on Twitter who are proclaiming that it is niburu.

Last edited:
If his Daughter had her way it would be called.......

....Pluto

Or the Lilah Planet. The name that his daughter gave it on a drawing that greeted him back home. I have switched my vote over to that name. Cuteness wins in the end.

CZNeTHdW0AQZnOF.jpg:large

But brown calls this article the best ever. I suspect because it reveals the real anannuki in the picture at the bottom of the article. Another mystery solved!

Scientists Discover "Most Planet-y" Planet in the Solar System | Mother Jones

Last edited:
Back