• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

7 foot grey

mike

Paranormal Adept
i watched the bud hopkins link in another thread here and in turn watched a few more including one about a geoligist who shot two greys he describes as 7 foot tall

that statement has caused the ass to drop out of my world, and im now forced to confront something that happened at least a decade ago.
it feels like this story is being dragged out of me bit by bit, and i apoligise for the fractured nature of my posts here, im not comfortable about this, not so much the telling, but more the personal acceptance i might have to face.

ive told about the black helicopter and crazy old fred and his underground bases at the end of our street
but there are 2 more incidents that ive failed to mention

the first involves my wife, soon after we moved into the house i woke in the night alone, i called out to my wife and she answered from the toilet/bathroom. i assumed the usual and rolled over, however she did not return to bed so again i called out asking what she was doing.

she replied "channeling" "channeling"
i sat up and asked her again what was she doing
she became more insistant "channeling, you know people. people channeling"

i got up and went into bathroom, she was sitting on the toilet and kept repeating the above with a blank look on her face.
eventually i shook her and she woke confused as to why we were both in the bathroom in the middle of the night.
she had no idea what channeling meant or that she had used the word.

end of incident

the next one is the one that for years ive been able to write off as a bad dream, and ill give the reasons why it was prob only a dream as far as i was concerned.
i had watched communion on the television that night, and prior to going to bed i stood on the balcony and set off what i called a mind bomb, looking up at the stars, it was a dare , that if they existed they should show themselfs..........be careful what you ask for
that night i dreamt that a 7 foot tall gray was in my bedroom doorway

the fact that i had watched communion, mentally broadcast a dare and then seen a 7 foot tall gray which i had never heard of, i thought they were supposed to be little. caused me to think this "dream" was my overactive imagination

heres how it went

i awoke in the night having heard a noise in the hallway (my hair is standing on end as i type, this is hard)
theres something there, no no no there shouldnt be anyone in the house, this is bad this is wrong, this is danger im being burgled theirs someone in the house
im frozen in bed im wide awake very wide awake and i cant move
my eye flicks to the dark rectangle that is the bedroom doorway, nothing there, they flick away . i cant move
i need to look back at door but dont want to, i do and there in the door is a grey its head is almost touching the frame its not like my model too tall and the arms, mine has elbows, this ones arms were more like tentacles, fluid.
its just there and then the arms begin to make these figure 8 movements and they flex more like snakes than arms, i refer to the robot in lost in space here, its like the arms in that waving around"warning warning"
i distictly and with shame, feeling such animal terror cried out in my mind take my wife but please leave me alone
to this day that betrayal unmans me when i think about it
again like the robot in LIS it moves forward into the room but it doesnt move, its like its on wheels and slides in. it stops and then slides sideways up my side of the bed. my terror peaked and i litterally passed out in fright.
i woke 4 hours later, bright wide awake sharp in fight mode, and i remember, i get up and check the house and go back to bed.

that morning i went to work as the computer manager for a maternity hospital in paddington sydney, and the moment i walked into reception 2 people asked me what was wrong, that i looked white as a sheet.
i fobbed them off suggesting the 1st cup of coffee would see me right and went to my office, later i looked up the local mufon ppl and told my story. i was hoping he would say no such things as 7 foot greys, dont eat cheese before retiring for the night, but instead he was mad keen on hypnotising me. i said i would call back i didnt

im now forced to confront the possibility that 7 foot tall greys might be real, deep down inside i know it wasnt a dream or if it was was unlike any ive ever had. ive never dreamed with that clarity of mind or location , ive never dreamed i was in my bed. but the arms and the height were not typical descriptions and so it cant have been an alien. greys are 3 foot tall not 7
whats the story with them, and does my octupus arms part ring any bells ?

i dont mind telling you im feeling vulnerable and frightened by the thought
at the time i was the computer manager for the royal hospital for women here in sydney, my father was a policeman and i was raised to be truthful , everything ive written is as i recall it, ive made nothing up
if im not a liar then im either deluded or ... it happened

i dont mind being deluded no shame in that happens to ppl all the time, it is my preference that this entire sequence of events be just an overactive mind

thats why i didnt opt for hypnotism, i think i would break me if i was forced to confront this story as fact
the fact that a black helicopter did circle my house 3 times, feels like a nail in a mental coffin, everything else about this need not be real, but that aircraft was real
and the ramifications scare the heck out of me

respect and regards
mike

Hmmm... well, accounts of very tall greys do exist, as do descriptions of their arms being "wrong", "boneless" or "squiggly", so those aren't actually outside the current "lore".

That said, you should know that the "geologist" you mentioned (Phil Schneider) is widely regarded as some combination of right-wing loon and amateur con-man. He never allowed any of his "evidence" to be touched, let alone examined and the fact he died under mysterious circumtances, while great conspiracy fodder, doesn't add much to his credibility.

So, whether or not his accounts of underground alien shoot-outs can be considered of value is to say the least, questionable. You may need to step up from a grain of salt to a teaspoon.

thanks thats the guy and you have pre empted about every question i had, i re watched the video and i must admit he doesnt seem credible on second view

my wife got home from work today and i mentioned that i had posted this story, she then tells me for the first time that she too has had an incident where she was awake and certain there was someone in the house and could not move, she says she tried to reach out to touch me and couldnt, her last memory was of a white light coming in the door

but she describes that same feeling of absolute certainty someone was in the house and being terrified
and the sense that she was wide awake not dreaming

again my knowledge of "current lore" was confined to 3 foot greys, ive read communion and thats more or less what i assumed they looked like

any info on tall greys would be appreciated

mike said:
any info on tall greys would be appreciated

Other than the perception of them being "tall greys", there really isn't much info to be had. Some of the more absolutist info from the 90s tags them as "tall, tan coloured skin, large nose (as compared to other greys)" and places their point of origin as somewhere in the costellation of Orion. Supposedly they "oversee" shorter greys (who in turn oversee even shorter greys). Unfortunately we're now well off in the realm of speculation, and our salt intake has increased from grain to teaspoon to say, roughly half a shaker full.

Your wife's confirmation on the other hand is very much in line with majority of reports.

firstly thank you for your time and info.
i think all i am looking for in this matter is the truth, there has been a series of events that are odd, but the truth of these events could just be that they are a series of odd events.
personally i dont want to be an abductee, and i sure as heck dont want my wife to be one.
while the building of my grey model did mimic a scene from close encounters, ie i woke up one morning called in sick and then turned the house upside down looking for bits and peices before assembling them into the model in a process that was non stop from start to finish, but i had just read communion and felt the desire to posess a model of the characters featured and thats not uncommon where my creativity is concerned, i scratch build things all the time and the house looks like a sci fi convention, mostly spaceships but not entirely.

im hoping that in describing my experience in detail it can be debunked, ie greys are never 7 foot tall, therefore my memory of a 7 foot tall being prob has no basis in reality.
you mention the colour tan, and again this helps, my recollection is of a definate pale blue gray colour, no nose , more or less a typical grey description except for the height and the arms, both those aspects leaving me "surprised", neither aspect fitting my expectation/impression of what they look like.

discussing the matter with my wife last night i do know it wasnt a dream or if it was ive never had one like it before or since.
the clarity of the room was not dream like, it was as if i was lying in bed awake, every detail from light fittings to clothes on the floor were as they should be, sharp clear and real.
again i rememeber waking and being fully awake, where i would normally float slowly awake, this was if someone had flicked a switch and i was instantly awake and alert , and certain that the noises i could hear were not normal and indicative of someone being in the house.
as an aside im 6 foot two, and built like the proverbial brick outhouse,
i remember once bench pressing myself and my ninjitsu instructor off the mat where he thought he had me pinned and him going out the next day and purchasing a bench press himself.
if i thought we were being burgled i would not hesitate to get out of bed and deal with it,
i would NOT simply lie there frozen and terrified and wait for someone to strangle me where i lay, thats just not me

and yet on this occasion thats what i did, i lay there frozen and frightened, too scared to even look at the doorway, which i kept looking at then away from, the hair still stands up on my neck when i remember looking back at the door and there being something there,
i let out a sort on mental scream and wimper (i could not speak out loud).
the terror built in stages, peaking as this thing "slid" sideways up the side of the bed, like it was on a conveyor belt.

again i dont want this to be a real event, what i really want is for people to tell me, none of it fits and the explaination is probibly a case of night terrors or similar
thats a truth i am more than happy to embrace.

respect and regards
mike

Hmmm... bluish and no nose. Were the eyes big? Like, stupidly big? There have been reports of so-called "praying mantis" entities, very tall, often luminous, with seemingly featureless faces save for big, BIG eyes (in the realm of 50% of the head). Also the "floaty" movement you mention is very commonly reported.

mike said:
again i dont want this to be a real event, what i really want is for people to tell me, none of it fits and the explaination is probibly a case of night terrors or similar thats a truth i am more than happy to embrace.

I don't think ANYONE wants this stuff to be real. I've had some spooky experiences myself and some odd things that, upon reflection, have pointed to possible interactions I would rather not confirm. Oddly, it's easier to stay sane by simply declaring "I must be crazy"...

yes they were, big black oval eyes, now that you mention it they were bigger than the ones on my model grey.
insect is a word that does fit somehow.
it only moved twice
one min its in the doorway, then it slid forward about 2 feet, then slid sideways to its right and up my side of the bed.
the arms as i said seemed almost like tentacles though there were hands at the end, they seemed to be able to flex as easliy to the rear of the thing as the front,

im still going for a sleep paralysis scenario if i can, does anyone know if its likely both my wife and i would have had sleep paralysis events (one each , at different times that we can recall) in say a fifteen year period ?

respect and regards
mike

also ive just found out that the area i live in is a hot spot for yowie sightings (ie aust bigfoot) and the area is riddled with caves, with the http://www.jenolancaves.org.au/index.asp?pageID=68&menuItemID=62
claiming to be the oldest known caves discovered, the area has long held a reputation for having "elves", and we even have an airforce base (glenbrook)with no aeroplanes.
a half hours drive down from the mountains and north gets you to richmond raaf base which is where the hercules and other planes live

CapnG said:
Hmmm... well, accounts of very tall greys do exist, as do descriptions of their arms being "wrong", "boneless" or "squiggly", so those aren't actually outside the current "lore".

"wrong" thats the word, thats the exact word that fits
i remember thinking they were "wrong"

that not only describes how they looked, but my reaction as well

mike said:
im still going for a sleep paralysis scenario if i can, does anyone know if its likely both my wife and i would have had sleep paralysis events (one each , at different times that we can recall) in say a fifteen year period ?

Statistically, we're all supposed to have sleep paralysis at least once in our lifetimes. If you both experience it more than once or at the same time (!) then THAT would be cause for slightly more concern.

thanks again CapnG, our events definatly took place on seperate occasions, had they happened at the same time i agree the cause would be something to worry about

also the fact that i had issued a mental "invitation" before retiring for the night, could well explain things.

ill describe the "invitation" as best i can ive used the term mind bomb, but more accuratly, i was on my balcony looking up at the stars (they are very bright up here in the mountains) and i formulated a "thought" in my head, invitation, dare, challenge all these words fit the gestalt.

i "contained" this thought and allowed it to "snowball" in my mind getting "bigger" till it felt like there was actual physical pressure in my head, then i released it "BANG" visualising it radiating out from me, the earth and even the solar system like a shockwave

i felt as silly doing it as i do describing it, but thats what happened

it makes more sense to me i subconciously programmed myself for what happened next, but reading stuff here i have to concede its possible i may have "attracted" attention to myself

a sit on the bench next to me a scratch your nose scenario.

im 42 my wife is 48 and weve been married 22 years and have lived here for 15 years. both my wifes and my event occured here in the same bedroom and within a few years of each others event

heres another event ive just had a flashback to, and as far as im concerned its perfectly normal, i relate it because it fits some aspects of the "lore" surrounding the topic

same house here in blue mountains,
awakened to very very loud bangs in the middle of the night, they are inside the house downstairs, i shout at dogs to get "on your bed" but the ruckus continues, BANG there it goes again, both my wife and i get up, i can hear the dogs moving about downstairs but they are not barking so i dont suspect burglars etc, i go down stairs, an owl is inside and flying around bouncing off windows BANG there he goes again i ask my wife to get a towel, she runs upstairs, i try and control dogs who want to catch it, we have a dog flap in back door so it must have gotten in that way, i have a vivid memory of it comming straight at me and its claws were stretched open and i had to duck they looked so sharp. eventually with much to -ing and fro-ing i get the towel around it and we inspect it for damage (very loud bangs)
but it seems ok and we let it go.

end of story

nothing unusual, except as part of the larger story

only recently we found a frog inside and upstairs in our bed, but the "lore" doesnt include frogs in beds so it doesnt provide the "food for thought" the owl, with its big black eyes does

The image of the owl is often mentioned in accounts as a "screen" memory to minimize trauma but it's usually something odd in and of itself (ie the owl is four feet tall) and this honestly sounds like a real owl got into your house.

Your other encounter sounds more and more like a vivid (but never-the-less ordinary) nightmare/sleep paralysis case. A thought occurs to me: if you told your wife about the apparition at the door, she could have vaguely recalled it during her own episode, making them similar.

yes indeed,
in my case i saw a tall creature with a large head and large black eyes, the arms and torso were thin with the arms flexing back and forth from the shoulder, like they were snakes instead of arms. it was whitish blue and i dont recall the legs only the way it moved, in my wifes case she had the same frozen in fear sequence and then a glow enters the room, she later expanded this to say the glow was a "blob" about 3 or 4 foot tall, i guess a sort of large glowing jelly baby that seemed to move into the room.
her "visitor" was nowhere as distinct as mine, im glad SP is a rare event, i think i would go nuts if i had to endure that as often as say i do a regular bad dream

i may also have a rational explaination for the black helicopter.
as ive said the alien in the window had become almost famous on the street, with "tourists" looking at it. and even some local kids who bought infaltable aliens at the easter show and copied me .
i have when asked about and with a straight face told strangers that i thought it was a burglar and shot it one night, and that i had had a hard time finding a taxidermist who would touch it, let alone stuff it. but that it was dead and stuffed.
i suppose its possible that story spread and the helicopter was using something other than photography to scan it, makes more sense than setting up a FLIR in the drive

Back