• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

2000 Year Old Statue On The Moon?

First things first.
Who is this guy?
He worked for NASA for over two decades?? Right. Then how come I can't find out anything about him??
Go ahead and google his name. All you find is this story, but no credentials. No background, nothing. I just did a brief search, but unless anyone else is able to verify his credentials, then this is just tabloid silliness.

Ha! (god in hell strike me down should I ever use "LOL") Must have been subliminal because I didn't even notice.

did you also see the link there for the "Alien Interview?" I believe the author was a guest on here that David and Gene exposed as something to do with Scientology.
Is the Crit a scientology rag?

That's a goofy article...

However, if you read some of the transcription between the astronauts and Mission Control, they were clearly looking for anomalies that were seen from probes or from Earth. They talked a lot about the albedo of different areas they were looking at, and often broke into code words before the transmission were switched to a secure channel.

NASA scientist Farouk El Baz admitted in a magazine interview that NASA did commit itself to a secretive search for various things on the Moon. 'We're looking for something - something ...' He admitted that 'a huge bridge-like structure in Mare Crisium has been reported ... That is all I can say about it.' When asked if 'that was a bridge - that you've actually found artificial structures or some kind of intelligently placed artifact?' El Baz quickly denied it.

'No. No. I am not admitting such a thing. But when you start to think about it, almost anything is possible. There are almost no limits [to] how you can interpret the many things astronomers have been observing and reporting for several centuries. Now the astronauts are seeing many anomalies close up'."

Here's some of the more interesting ones:

1) Apollo 16 Mission: April 16 - 27, 1972;

Charles Duke, Thomas Mattingly and John Young land in the Descartes highlands:

Duke: These devices are unbelievable. I'm not taking a gnomon up there. (gnomon is the part of a sundial that casts the shadow.)

Young: O.K., but man, that's going to be a steep bridge to climb.

Duke: You got - YOWEE! Man - John, I tell you this is some sight here. Tony, the blocks in Buster are covered - the bottom is covered with blocks, five meters across. Besides the blocks seem to be in a preferred orientation, northeast to southwest. They go all the way up the wall on those two sides and on the other side you can only barely see the out-cropping at about 5 percent. Ninety percent of the bottom is covered with blocks that are 50 centimeters and larger.

Capcom: Good show. Sounds like a secondary ...

Duke: Right out here ... the blue one that I described from the lunar module window is colored because it is glass coated, but underneath the glass it is crystalline ... the same texture as the Genesis Rock ... Dead on my mark.

3) Apollo 17: Eugene Cernan, Ronald Evans, and Harrison Schmidt; Landed in the Taurus-Littrow Valley; Dec 7 - 19, 1972.

Check out the following weird conversation that took place:

Mission Control: Go ahead, Ron
Evans: O.K., Robert, I guess the big thing I want to report from the back side is that I took another look at the - the - cloverleaf in Aitken with the binocs. And that southern dome (garble) to the east.

Mission Control: We copy that, Ron. Is there any difference in the color of the dome and the Mare Aitken there?

Evans: Yes there is... That Condor, Condorsey, or Condorecet or whatever you want to call it there. Condorecet Hotel is the one that has got the diamond-shaped fill down in the uh - floor.

Mission Control: Robert. Understand. Condorcet Hotel.

Evans: Condor. Condorset. Alpha. They've either caught a landslide on it or it's got a - and it doesn't look like (garble) in the other side of the wall in the northwest side.

Mission Control: O.K., we copy that Northwest wall of Condorcet A.

Evans: The area is oval or elliptical in shape. Of course, the ellipse is toward the top.

4). Another strange Apollo 16 "ground-to-air" conversation:

Capcom: What about the albedo change in the subsurface soil? Of course you saw it first at Flagg and were probably more excited about it there. Was there any difference in it there - and Buster and Alsep and LM?

Duke: No. Around the Alsep it was just in spots. At Plum it seemed to be everywhere. My predominant impression was that the white albedo was (garble) than the fine cover on top.

Capcom: O.K. Just a question for you, John. When you got halfway, or even thought it was halfway, we understand you looped around south, is that right?

Young: That is affirm. We came upon - Barbara.

5) Apollo 17 conversation: They find something startling, and are ordered to immediately switch to code:

DMP (lunar module pilot): What are you learning?

Capcom: Hot spots on the Moon, Jack?

DMP: Where are your big anomalies? Can you summarize them quickly?

Capcom: Jack, we'll get that for you on the next pass.

CMP (command module pilot): Hey, I can see a bright spot down there on the landing site where they might have blown off some of that halo stuff.

Capcom: Roger. Interesting. Very - go to KILO. KILO.

CMP: Hey, it's gray now and the number one extends.

Capcom: Roger. We got it. And we copy that it's all on the way down there. Go to KILO. KILO on that.

CMP: Mode is going to HM. Recorder if off. Lose a little communication there, huh? Okay, there's bravo. Bravo, select OMNI. Hey, you know you'll never believe it. I'm right over the edge of Orientale. I just looked down and saw the light flash again.

Capcom: Roger. Understand.

CMP: Right at the end of the rille.

Capcom: Any chances of - ?

CMP: That's on the east of Orientale.

Capcom: You don't suppose it could be Vostok? (a Russian probe).

Wilson writes (p. 141): "The Vostok flights took place in the early sixties and were *strictly Earth orbiters*. They never reached the Moon!"

6) Apollo 16: Another strange conversation:

Wilson writes (p. 141): "While on the Moon, did any of our astronauts see any indication of alien handiwork, such as strange constructions, disturbances or the like? Consider this strange Apollo 16 conversation:"

Orion: Orion has landed. I can't see how fat the (garble) ... this is a blocked field we're in from the south ray - tremendous difference in the albedo. I just get the feeling that these rocks may have come from somewhere else. Everywhere we saw the ground, which is about the whole sunlit side, you had the same delineation the Apollo 15 photography showed on Hadley, Delta and Radley Mountains ...

Capcom: O.K. Go ahead.

Orion: I'm looking out here at Stone Mountain and it's got - it looks like somebody has been out there plowing across the side of it. The beaches - the benches - look like one sort of terrace after another, right up the side. They sort of follow the contour of it right around.

Capcom: Any difference in the terraces?

Orion: No, Tony. Not that I could tell form here. These terraces could be raised but of (garble) or something like that ...

Casper: (Mattingly in lunar orbit overhead): Another strange sight over here. It looks - a flashing light - I think it's Annbell. Another crater here looks as though it's flooded except that this same material seems to run up on the outside. You can see a definite patch of this stuff that's run down inside. And that material lays or has been structured on top of it, but it lays on top of things that are outside and higher. It's a very strange operation.

Wilson writes (p.142): "And we might add that this is a very strange conversation. What are the real meanings of such terms used here as structure, blocked field, beaches, benches, terraces and the like? NASA claims that they are just metaphoric terms to describe unusual natural formations."

7) Strange Apollo 17 conversation about "Watermarks" on the Moon:

Capcom: Roger, America, we're tracking you on the map here, watching it.
LMP: O.K. Al Buruni has got variations on its floor. Variations in the lights and its albedo. It almost looks like a pattern as if the water were flowing up on a beach. Not in great areas, but in small areas around the southern side, and the part that looks like the water-washing pattern is a much lighter albedo, although I cannot see any real source of it. The texture, however, looks the same.

Capcom: America, Houston. We'd like you to hold off switching to OMNI Charlie until we can cue you on that.

CMP: Wilco.

LMP: Was there any indication on the seismometers on the impact about the time I saw a bright flash on the surface?

Capcom: Stand by. We'll check on that, Jack.

LMP: A UFO perhaps, don't worry about it. I thought somebody was looking at it. It could have been one of the other flashes of light.

Capcom: Roger. We copies the time and ...

LMP: I have the place marked.

Capcom: Pass it on to the back room. LMP: O.K. I've marked it on the map, too.

Capcom: Jack, just some words from the back room for you. There may have been an impact at the time you called, but the Moon is still ringing from the impact of the S-IVB impact. So it would mask any other impact. So they may be able to strip it out at another time, but right now they don't see anything at the time you called.

LMP: Just my luck. Just looking at the southern edge of Grimaldi, Bob, and - that Graben is pre-Mare. Pre-Mare!

Capcom: O.K., I copy on that, Jack. And as long as we're talking about Grimaldi we'd like to have you brief Ron exactly on the location of that flashing light you saw ... We'll probably ask him to take a picture of it. Maybe during one of his solo periods.

8 ) Apollo 17: "Watermark" conversation continued:

While the Apollo 17 astronauts were discussing the "Watermarks", the sighting of the UFO occurred. The conversation them returns to the Watermarks.

DMP: O.K. 96:03. Now we're getting some clear - looks like pretty clear high watermarks on this -
CMP: There's high watermarks all over the place there.

LMP: On the north part of Tranquillitatis. That's Maraldi there, isn't it? Are you sure we're 13 miles up?

Capcom: You're 14 to be exact, Ron.

LMP: I tell you there's some mare, ride or scarps that are very, very sinuous - just passing one. They not only cross the low planar areas but go right up the side of a crater in one place and a hill in another. It looks very much like a constructional ridge - a mare-like ridge that is clearly as constructional as I would want to see it."

9) Apollo 15: David Scott, Alfred Worden, James Irwin; went to the Appenine Mountains of the Moon, July 26 - Aug. 7, 1971. Conversation about discovering strange "tracks":

Scott: Arrowhead really runs east to west.

Mission Control: Roger, we copy.

Irwin: Tracks here as we go down slope.

MC: Just follow the tracks, huh?

Irwin: Right we're (garble). We know that's a fairly good run. We're bearing 320, hitting range for 413 ... I can't get over those lineations, that layering on Mt. Hadley.

Scott: I can't either. That's really spectacular.

Irwin: They sure look beautiful.

Scott: Talk about organization!

Irwin: That's the most organized structure I've ever seen!

Scott: It's (garble) so uniform in width.

Irwin: Nothing we've seen before this has shown such uniform thickness from the top of the tracks to the bottom.

10) Another weird conversation about tracks. Made by Harrison Schmitt, a trained geologist and the only civilian ever to walk on the Moon (all the rest were military men, or as Hoagland would say - "good soldiers", who did what they were told).

Schmidtt: I see tracks - running right up the wall of the crater.
Mission Control (Gene Cernan): Your photopath runs directly between Pierce and Pease. Pierce Brava, go to Bravo, Whiskey, Whiskey, Romeo.

11) Apollo 15: Astronaut sees white objects flying by:

Capcom: You talked about something mysterious ...

Orion: O.K., Gordy, when we pitched around, I'd like to tell you about something we saw around the LM (LEM or Lunar Excursion Module). When we were coming about 30 or 40 feet out, there were a lot of objects - white things - flying by. It looked as if they were being propelled or ejected, but I'm not convinced of that.

Capcom: We copy that Charlie.

A famous, but unconfimed one

12) Apollo 11:

Armstrong: What was it? What the hell was it? That's all I want to know!"
Mission Control: What's there?... malfunction (garble) ... Mission Control calling Apollo 11 ...

Apollo 11: These babies were huge, sir!... Enormous!... Oh, God! You wouldn't believe it! ... I'm telling you there are other space-craft out there ... lined up on the far side of the crater edge! ... They're on the Moon watching us! ...

Another version as picked up by ham radio operators:

I think the language on this is suspect, or has been mistyped over the years.

Here is reproduced completely the dialogue between the American astronauts and Control Center:

Armstrong & Aldrin: Those are giant things. No, no, no - this is not an optical illusion. No one is going to believe this!

Houston (Christopher Craft): What ... what ... what? What the hell is happening? What's wrong with you?

Armstrong & Aldrin: They're here under the surface.

Houston: What's there? (muffled noise) Emission interrupted; interference control calling 'Apollo 11'.

Armstrong & Aldrin: We saw some visitors. They were here for a while, observing the instruments.

Houston: Repeat your last information!

Armstrong & Aldrin: I say that there were other spaceships. They're lined up in the other side of the crater!
Houston: Repeat, repeat!

Armstrong & Aldrin: Let us sound this orbita ... in 625 to 5 ... Automatic relay connected ... My hands are shaking so badly I can't do anything. Film it? God, if these damned cameras have picked up anything - what then?

Houston: Have you picked up anything?

Armstrong & Aldrin: I didn't have any film at hand. Three shots of the saucers or whatever they were that were ruining the film

Houston: Control, control here. Are you on your way? What is the uproar with the UFOs over?

Armstrong & Aldrin: They've landed here. There they are and they're watching us.

Houston: The mirrors, the mirrors - have you set them up?

Armstrong & Aldrin: Yes, they're in the right place. But whoever made those spaceships surely can come tomorrow and remove them. Over and out.

Interesting stuff....

However, if you read some of the transcription between the astronauts and Mission Control...

That was really interesting read.

Some of the stuff sounds like lifted from the SF book or a movie… so my question(s) :
-What is the source of these transcripts?
-Are they in any way verifiable as actual conversations from the Lunar missions ?

Regardless, it was a fascinating read (as I mentioned already) so thanks for posting.

P.S. - This topic of yours DavidRavenMoon deserves the whole thread of it’s own.

That was really interesting read.

Some of the stuff sounds like lifted from the SF book or a movie… so my question(s) :
-What is the source of these transcripts?
-Are they in any way verifiable as actual conversations from the Lunar missions ?

Regardless, it was a fascinating read (as I mentioned already) so thanks for posting.

P.S. - This topic of yours DavidRavenMoon deserves the whole thread of it’s own.

I don't have any definitive answers... but I believe they are supposed to have been from ham radio operators who were able to listen to the conversations, and were following the mission. I don't know if there are recordings of them, but I'd imagine they must exist somewhere (NASA perhaps?)

Yeah, after I posted that (and I didn't mean to post the entire thing, but they were all pretty interesting), I thought it would have made a good thread.

I followed all the space missions, and was 11 when they landed on the moon the first time. I would actually stay up late and watch the transmissions as they bounced around up there.

Here's a thing I remember very clearly. The first time they used a color camera, it had only been in operation for a short time when they damaged it by accidentally pointing it at the sun. That's the story anyway.

What I remember was at some point they were panning around and showed what's commonly referred to as "moon domes", which are these low smooth hills, that look like a dome. I didn't know that at the time, but I remember they commented on them, and then mission control said "burn the camera". Then they swung it around and past the sun and shut it off! Even the news commentators at the time thought it was odd, and asked what "burn the camera" meant.

So a year or so later later I was at my friend Fred's* house, and his uncle worked for Bendix, and they were doing contract work for NASA. He used to bring by these newsletters called NASA Facts. I remember we had one and it said "Top Secret" on it, and talked about the "moon domes". Apparently they would be there when the astronauts went to sleep, and when they woke the next morning, they had moved!

So it seems they didn't want these things televised.

* dB, do you know Fred Ramondi? He works for Digital Domain. I figured you might know him since you work in the same field. That's my old childhood friend. We had a really weird thing happen once when we were in his basement, where we used to hang out. There was only one way in or out, which was behind us. We looked down towards the back of the basement and saw this rabbit sized thing... it was black and white, very shaggy fur, and shaped like a guinea pig, but much larger. We couldn't see a head, it was just pill shaped. It walked from the right wall to the left at a moderate pace, and we didn't see where it went. We freaked out and ran up the stares and locked the door!

On the other hand, if you were an alien species doing work on Earth, the moon would be a natural choice for a base of operations. The thing I can't figure out is why you would authorize a series of collectible commemorative plates?

These recordings were actually played on another podcast called Unknown Universe (which is not defunct) around 2006 timeframe I believe. If you listen to them, you can tell they are obviously faked.

Back