1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2000 Year Old Statue On The Moon?

Discussion in 'Ancient Mysteries' started by JayRennick, May 18, 2009.

1. JayRennick

JayRennick Paranormal Novice

Did anyone catch this story last week? Apparently a top former NASA scientist has come forward with a relic supposedly taken from the moon.

200,000 Year Old Statue Found On Moon : thecrit.com

Personally I'm skeptical but its not getting any mainstream coverage so who knows. Anyone have any further information about this?
  2. Bixyboo

Bixyboo Paranormal Adept

Clerical, Aspiring Professional Editor/Proofreader
    Huh. Interesting, if it were found out to be true and now a hoax...
  3. TClaeys

TClaeys Paranormal Adept

First things first.
    Who is this guy?
    He worked for NASA for over two decades?? Right. Then how come I can't find out anything about him??
    Go ahead and google his name. All you find is this story, but no credentials. No background, nothing. I just did a brief search, but unless anyone else is able to verify his credentials, then this is just tabloid silliness.
  4. Gareth

Gareth Nothin' to see here

err, its filed under "silly".

Top of the page: Browse > <!-- Breadcrumb, generated by 'Breadcrumb Nav XT' - Code | Mtekks Crib --> Home / Silly / 200,000 Year Old Statue Found On Moon

Bottom of the page: Written by TheCrit · Filed Under Silly
  5. TClaeys

TClaeys Paranormal Adept

Ha! (god in hell strike me down should I ever use "LOL") Must have been subliminal because I didn't even notice.
  6. bsvalley

bsvalley paranormal master

Janitor for county (insurance and retirement job)
    did you also see the link there for the "Alien Interview?" I believe the author was a guest on here that David and Gene exposed as something to do with Scientology.
    Is the Crit a scientology rag?
  7. sh1fty

sh1fty Skilled Investigator

8. DavidRavenMoon

DavidRavenMoon anonymous anomalous

Luthier, musician, graphic artist
    That's a goofy article...

However, if you read some of the transcription between the astronauts and Mission Control, they were clearly looking for anomalies that were seen from probes or from Earth. They talked a lot about the albedo of different areas they were looking at, and often broke into code words before the transmission were switched to a secure channel.

Here's some of the more interesting ones:

A famous, but unconfimed one

Another version as picked up by ham radio operators:

I think the language on this is suspect, or has been mistyped over the years.

Interesting stuff....
    manxman likes this.
  9. ddd999

ddd999 King of Mars

That was really interesting read.

Some of the stuff sounds like lifted from the SF book or a movie… so my question(s) :
    -What is the source of these transcripts?
    -Are they in any way verifiable as actual conversations from the Lunar missions ?

Regardless, it was a fascinating read (as I mentioned already) so thanks for posting.

P.S. - This topic of yours DavidRavenMoon deserves the whole thread of it’s own.
  10. DavidRavenMoon

DavidRavenMoon anonymous anomalous

Luthier, musician, graphic artist
    I don't have any definitive answers... but I believe they are supposed to have been from ham radio operators who were able to listen to the conversations, and were following the mission. I don't know if there are recordings of them, but I'd imagine they must exist somewhere (NASA perhaps?)

Yeah, after I posted that (and I didn't mean to post the entire thing, but they were all pretty interesting), I thought it would have made a good thread.

I followed all the space missions, and was 11 when they landed on the moon the first time. I would actually stay up late and watch the transmissions as they bounced around up there.

Here's a thing I remember very clearly. The first time they used a color camera, it had only been in operation for a short time when they damaged it by accidentally pointing it at the sun. That's the story anyway.

What I remember was at some point they were panning around and showed what's commonly referred to as "moon domes", which are these low smooth hills, that look like a dome. I didn't know that at the time, but I remember they commented on them, and then mission control said "burn the camera". Then they swung it around and past the sun and shut it off! Even the news commentators at the time thought it was odd, and asked what "burn the camera" meant.

So a year or so later later I was at my friend Fred's* house, and his uncle worked for Bendix, and they were doing contract work for NASA. He used to bring by these newsletters called NASA Facts. I remember we had one and it said "Top Secret" on it, and talked about the "moon domes". Apparently they would be there when the astronauts went to sleep, and when they woke the next morning, they had moved!

So it seems they didn't want these things televised.

* dB, do you know Fred Ramondi? He works for Digital Domain. I figured you might know him since you work in the same field. That's my old childhood friend. We had a really weird thing happen once when we were in his basement, where we used to hang out. There was only one way in or out, which was behind us. We looked down towards the back of the basement and saw this rabbit sized thing... it was black and white, very shaggy fur, and shaped like a guinea pig, but much larger. We couldn't see a head, it was just pill shaped. It walked from the right wall to the left at a moderate pace, and we didn't see where it went. We freaked out and ran up the stares and locked the door!
  11. rowdy27

rowdy27 Banned

retired printer
    Cool find! I'm gonna make one at my next Pottery Class. :D
  12. threed

threed Paranormal Adept

On the other hand, if you were an alien species doing work on Earth, the moon would be a natural choice for a base of operations. The thing I can't figure out is why you would authorize a series of collectible commemorative plates?
  13. SgtRock

SgtRock Paranormal Adept

Government
    These recordings were actually played on another podcast called Unknown Universe (which is not defunct) around 2006 timeframe I believe. If you listen to them, you can tell they are obviously faked.