• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

ROBBERT VAN DEN BROEKE: What's up with this?

Christopher O'Brien

Back in the Saddle Aginn
Staff member
I've known Nancy Talbot since the early '90s and a couple of my cattle cases were included in Leavengood's "Bovine Excision Sites" study. Although we have disagreed from time to time, I've always respected her work as a hard-boiled investigator. In fact, back in '99, I suggested to Laurance Rockefeller that he help BLT out so that they could obtain much needed lab equipment. At a mutual friend's urging, she set up a meeting with Larry and voila, he provided BLT with a sizeable chunk of change (mid 6 figures, if I remember correctly)!

And then the "Robbert" case came along... Like most, if not all, cases featuring "special destiny individuals," I don't quite know what to make of this on-going saga. Nancy seems completely smitten by Robbert. The photos and other anomalies that seem to dog this guy are legion, but something has never smelled right about this case. Look at the posted visual evidence. What do you make of this? Any thoughts P-Casters?

http://www.bltresearch.com/robbert/ufophotos.php

I just listened to Nancy on the Joiner Report...everything was fine until she started talking about her bosom buddy Robert.

In fact after the Paracast spoke with her (and she demonstrated her blind adherence to feeling versus analysis of this case) she lost all real credibility with me.

The Paracast did a whole show on this issue:
I listened to the archived show back when I first joined and thank you for reminding me of the resulting thread. My motivation for posting this reprise of the "Robbert" saga was to inform the P-Casters of the extensive report just posted at BLT and to pose the question "Whats up with this" special destiny individual who is just the latest in a long line of people that seem to have unnatural abilities. DD Home, R. Houdin, H. Houdini, Geller, Angel, Ted Serios etc,. I've known Nancy for many years and the fact that she is still convinced of the reality of this case is noteworthy IMO. I know that friends (who she respects and listens to) have cautioned her about Robbert, yet she still hangs in there, year after year. I have heard rumors of alleged evidence (that has not been made public) that defies explanation. One alleged inexplicable photo shows monkeys playing musical instruments. Supposedly, there are other photos and evidence etc that has not been publicized. This begs the question:

What is it about "special destiny" people? Why them? Are these people walking portals or windows? The simple explanation of hoax doesn't seem to work for all events. Something appears to be going on, but what? And how, not to mention why?

Christopher. I am in no way an expert on photography but the "Robbert" photos on the BLT site look extemely "dodgy".
I think that you have certainly every reason to be doubtful about Robbert and it's a shame that Nancy, who seems to be a credentialed researcher, has aligned herself with him.

That guy is a dadgum fraudulator, as JC would put it. It's completely obvious, too. Mr. O'Brien, I don't know anything about your research and am not making accusations, but do you ever think that too much UFO research has the tendency over time to erode critical thinking skills?

You ask if so called "special destiny" people constitute "walking portals or windows." What is a special destiny person? What is a walking portal or window? These sound like nonsensical terms, signifying nothing.

Picture taken by Robert Van Den Broeke:

http://www.soulsofdistortion.nl/images/Robbert.jpg

The Broeke pictures on the BLT website are completely ridiculous.

Any thoughts P-Casters?

I put it all down to ... hormones :D. If men can lose all brain capacity talking to some women ... why not women also??? :eek:

I think we might be able to understand the unending number of fruitcakes out there if we take into consideration hormones and psycho-sexuality ... whatever that is :D.

What do other "P-casters" think?? ... am I on[to] something??? :eek:

[ps ... p-casting ... hmmm sounds like a urinary tract problem methinks??]

do you ever think that too much UFO research has the tendency over time to erode critical thinking skills?/QUOTE

No, not mine, in fact quite the opposite.

You ask if so called "special destiny" people constitute "walking portals or windows." What is a special destiny person? What is a walking portal or window? These sound like nonsensical terms, signifying nothing

I don't use nonsensical terms that signify nothing, unless I'm joking, of course. Seriously, do some more research. I've listed some good cases to study...

I don't use nonsensical terms that signify nothing, unless I'm joking, of course. Seriously, do some more research. I've listed some good cases to study...

C'mon, Christopher. It's a legitimate question. "Special destiny"? "Walking portals or windows"? You listed: DD Home, R. Houdin, H. Houdini, Geller, Angel, Ted Serios.

These guys were (and are) showmen, at best.

Occasionally people crop up that seem to have unusual abilities. Events occur around them that are unexplained. People are baffled and the sun rises the following day. Uri Geller is one recent example that comes to mind. Often these people claim that they have special powers or some kind of special destiny. Uri's case is a classic example of this. Watches stopping by the thousands, objects vanishing into thin air etc etc etc. For lack of a better description I used the term "walking portal." So what? Does this make me a nut-job or "lacking in critical thinking" as has been insinuated? No, it does not. I have experienced and investigated enough weirdness to know that we live in a very bizarre world populated with a few very bizarre people that defy logic. Robbert MAY (and thats a big maybe) fall into this category. He claims to have some kind of special abilities and appears to be able to demonstrate these abilities. A well-respected researcher falls for his claims and his antics. There is nothing more I can say about this other than to say so what? The sun will again come up tomorrow...

OK. You want to research a special destiny person that could be a walking portal? Check out Adzom Rimpoche: www.whitejewelmountain.org/ rinpoche.html or any of the other Tibetan llamas with whom miracles and other amazing feats have been witnessed.

"…Then the two great Lamas, Adzom Drukpa III and Choktrul Riklo, in accordance with predictions they had made previously, advised Rinpoche to establish a major new Chogar (Dharma Encampment) in a great sacred power place. Rinpoche caused new springs to come forth miraculously in this sacred place, in particular the blessed water of his own accomplishments (siddhis) issued forth spontaneously. On one occasion at the cliff behind the monastery, Rinpoche miraculously plunged a long wooden staff into solid rock in front of 300 people. At another time, at a site sacred to Vajrakilaya, on the upper slope of the mountains known as Nine Powerful Brothers, he performed a cleansing ritual to purify this secret place. At that time he made fervent aspiration prayers for there to be peace, happiness, and prosperity among all beings of this world. While he was chanting this prayer, the many hundreds of people present heard the deep rumble of the earth trembling from amidst the mountains. All were struck with wonder at this amazing sign. Their faith grew such that it was irreversible. Rinpoche’s presence in that area has caused the eating of meat to diminish along with the hunting of animals.

ARstick24kb.jpg

Rinpoche with the wooden staff he miraculously plunged into solid rock

Rinpoche has initiated the grand ceremony of accomplishing Amitabha’s Pure Land (drub chen). This has now taken place annually for the last few years. Amazing signs have occurred at these events, such as nectar (amrita) raining down from a clear sky (an event that was also captured on film) and on other occasions the rain of flowers and blessed Dharma medicine (mendrub), the appearance of rainbow canopies and tents in the midst of which Buddha Amitabha could be seen clearly talking to his retinue. Numerous ringsel of five colors were also seen rising from the offerings.

Just before his passing, the third Adzom Drukpa spoke lovingly about Rinpoche, and elaborated how Rinpoche would benefit beings on a grand scale. During the cremation of Adzom Drukpa an incredible luminous and blazing ringsel (blessed relic) fell into the lap of Adzom Rinpoche. This was seen by all present."

Also, there are a pair of foot prints that he left in bedrock near Pagosa Springs, CO. Should I continue?

It would be interesting to have Robbert examined in a controlled environment in the presence of a professional magician. Hand him a camera, and see what comes of it. If Nancy wants to be taken seriously as a researcher, she needs to do what any bona fide scientist would do. Maybe she's afraid of upsetting Robbert by asking for more stringent testing conditions.

If Nancy wants to be taken seriously as a researcher, she needs to do what any bona fide scientist would do. Maybe she's afraid of upsetting Robbert by asking for more stringent testing conditions.

From what I can gather, its Robbert's father who has completely taken charge of his son and those around him. Evidently, you need to convince the dad before the son can be tested and I'm not sure how this has affected Nancy's process trying to ascertain the nature of the son's talent. Hey, if this case was occurring in Denmark, I'm sure he'd be right next door to the fish market!

Aahh, it will be only a matter of time then. Eventually, his dad will pass away, or Robbert will rebel and begin to think on his own. Faked or not, I'm still curious as to how these images appear on his photos.

Also, there are a pair of foot prints that he left in bedrock near Pagosa Springs, CO. Should I continue?

Sure, if you want. I read the Bible and Jesus could do all that stuff. Least he did something useful and made wine instead of just plunging a stick into a piece of rock. Oh, yeah, and there was the raising of the dead thing. That was pretty cool. But I like the wine the best. I wonder if it were a dry riesling or a robust red of some sort. Probably the latter would be my guess. The Bible didn't say.

I've kinda lost interest in the Robert thing because no one seemed to budge at all when it came to testing him. But this guy is what 29 years old?? And his Dad still makes all his decisions?? Is that right?? I thought he had been all kinds of shows that promoted him as being authentic?? But to my knowledge there hasn't been any "real" testing of his abilities, .... or has there??

Back