• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

June 28 2009... Nancy Talbot

Sigh...
Robbert had a television show. He states that his abilities are very sensitive, and he can't handle being around a lot of people (or something to that extent, I'm paraphrasing here), but then, he's doing his shtick on a broadcast television show, with an audience? Excuse me for being a native New Yorker, but hell, are you frikking kidding me?

Sigh...

Excuse me for being a native New Yorker but, hell, maybe you guys should have done some research into the Robbert case before the show so these issues could have been addressed directly to Nancy. Seems like you were unprepared for that interview.

It was canceled when he was caught taking bad information off the net, and passing it along as psychic ability.

I know the situation you are referring to but are you sure that's why his show was canceled? You have a link to a statement by the tv station/network stating why it was canceled or are you going by what the skeptics have said?

These photos are crap. All of them. Rather obviously.

How were those photos taken? Was anybody with Robbert when they were taken? The reason I ask is that there are other cheesy photos that look 100% fake but Nancy was there when they were taken and says that there was no obvious fakery. And there's more on that soldier photo than meets the eye. This is another question that could have been addressed to Nancy.

Robbert takes money for healings and readings,

He takes donations. Do you know if anybody has gone to see Robbert and not paid him anything due to lack of funds? And if he DID charge for readings, it doesn't necessarily mean he's a fraud. I would like to hear from people who have gotten readings/healings from him.

is known to fake photos, and went after the opportunity to have a television show.

Nancy is going to address some of this in her next post on R. There are other cases where a photo that had already been published in a newspaper, inexplicately showed up on film, exact except for size. being off a bit. The spirits supposedly replicated it. See The Scole Report.

Regardless of whatever Nancy states about this case, I have serious concerns with the idea that Robbert is the "real deal". Nancy, as a seasoned investigator, knows what she needs to do to help Robbert prove his claims.

She's brought Roll in and has others looking at the photographs. She asked you to look at some of them but you declined. Why not take a look at a few and go from there?

Nancy is placing all of her credibility eggs in the Robbert basket, and if it turns out that Robbert is not kosher, it'll really hurt Nancy.

Yes, it will. But I think she's seen enough to feel comfortable sticking with this case. It's hard for any of us to really know since we were not there with him for over a decade.

And I'll say it again, her defensiveness at some of my questioning about this case just strikes me as bizarre.

I agree she sounded defensive but you have a way of bringing that out in some people. I know you don't realize it but sometimes, the way you ask questions sounds like you are on the attack. It's your tone. I know others have mentioned it to you but you seem to deny it. I'll be sitting at home listening and I hear you start to ask a question and I immediately know that a challenge may be coming with one of your questions. I yell out to my wife, "Here we go..." I'm not surprised that other guests have become defensive too.

I am very curious to hear what you find out about the other members of BLT and what they think of Nancy's work with Robbert. I have a feeling that they are interested too. And they are still in 100% support of Nancy, you should have her on again and take each issue, step by step. Are you willing to change your mind on that?

BTW, I have no affiliation with Nancy and have no vested interest in others looking closer at this case.

ufojoe, just trying to help.

I notice you don't have an avatar. Here, I found one for you.

No need to thank me.

Attachments

• tin-foil-hat-4.jpg
    tin-foil-hat-4.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 72
ufojoe,

You know, if I did this stuff for a living, I'd spend all that time extensively researching a specific case before bringing on the guest, but sorry,

I HAVE A LIFE.

... and I'd like to live as much of it as I can before I pass.

But I sincerely appreciate your thoughts, and will take some of your suggestions to heart.

Have a lovely weekend,

dB

In reply to "how can photos be streaky?"

With an older digital camera with a slow shutter, or with any camera in a low light situation where the exposure is long, if you press the button and then move the camera you get a "shaky" picture. Just like all the pictures where the chandelier lights are streaky or with the "double exposure" photos of Robert.

I've taken lots of those kinds of photos over the years, unfortunately. Particularly with older digital cameras that took a longer time than normal to process the images. It is easy to do.

ufojoe,

You know, if I did this stuff for a living, I'd spend all that time extensively researching a specific case before bringing on the guest, but sorry,

I HAVE A LIFE.

... and I'd like to live as much of it as I can before I pass.

But I sincerely appreciate your thoughts, and will take some of your suggestions to heart.

Have a lovely weekend,

dB

In between gigs, (tv shows) I Have No Life!

So, I guess I have more time to delve into some of these cases. Plus, I've had an interest in this case since the beginning.

I get it and appreciate the reply.

I know Nancy's contact info. is on her website so if anybody really wants to know more...

I suspect our hosts had no idea Nancy would go into the Robbert thing. After all, she is known far and wide as a crop circle researcher. I know Robbert 'makes' crop circles, but I think the talk of Robbert's other abilities was a surprise. That segue took me by complete surprise.

The best thing Nancy could do right now is ake a step back from Robbert and say, "I see how I was wrong." SHE'S the one who needs to research Robbert a little more here. That would salvage her reputation.

I suspect our hosts had no idea Nancy would go into the Robbert thing. After all, she is known far and wide as a crop circle researcher. I know Robbert 'makes' crop circles, but I think the talk of Robbert's other abilities was a surprise. That segue took me by complete surprise.

The best thing Nancy could do right now is ake a step back from Robbert and say, "I see how I was wrong." SHE'S the one who needs to research Robbert a little more here. That would salvage her reputation.

I think both sides should bury the hatchet (if one exists) and Nancy should continue to do what she has been doing: getting other experts involved in the Robbert case. That's the 100% right thing to do. And she should continue to over the Holland (as funds permit) once or twice a year and she what she can find out. I see no reason why she won't continue to do that. Her next report that she posts should be interesting.

It would be nice if Nancy could get people/experts involved that have no connection to the paranormal world but that's a lot easier said than done.
The MIT guy is a start and adding Levengood was important. And so was the Dartmouth guy (crop circle article below) and a few others. But we all know how this subject is off limits to most mainstream scientists. They just don't want anything to do with it. Having DB check out a couple of the photos would be nice, too.

As far as Robbert taking them by surprise? Only they can answer that one. I thought it was a planned part of the interview but I could be wrong.

Did you guys ever see the Leslie Kean article in the Providence Journal? Excellent. Only problem is they published it in the blog section and not news. Oh well. You take what you can get. Lots of science in this one...

http://www.projo.com/blogs/shenews/stories/cropcircs.html

It would seem that Nancy Talbot is Micheal Horne's to Robert's Billy Meier.

Oh the subject of Crop circles while there has been some study on the physical effects that's place on soil. I noticed there's only seems to be a
Correlation of the circles with the hypotheses. This subject just makes me wish I was still working the field of crops.

http://soil.scijournals.org/cgi/content/full/67/2/606#SEC3

and a quote from the blt research team
It must be kept in mind that this increase in degree of crystallization (greater ordering of the atoms) in clay minerals has not been documented in surface soils before. Such changes are typically seen in sedimentary rock which has been exposed--for hundreds, if not thousands, of years--to both heat from the earth's core and the massive pressure of tons of overlying rock. If such a change were to be demonstrated (with statistical significance) in surface soils in an in-depth study at crop circle sites, it would certainly inspire increased academic interest in the causative mechanism behind the crop circle phenomenon.

So, ... one of a few things is happening as far as Robert is concerned. Nancy said she saw 2 crop circles form in front of her while she was with Robert. Hence, " I didn't need a camera". This leads me to few conclusions:

1. Nancy is completely making this up which would be dissapointing to say the least.
2. Nancy was the butt of an elaborate hoax whereby a circle was formed apparently before her AND Roberts eyes.
3. Nancy saw 2 real crop circles form.

What else is there??

Personally I don't buy the crop circle stuff. And I don't know enough about Robert, but it seems to stretch credulity. The fact remains that if this (predicting when/where crop circles form) has been happening for years and years and there is some alleged message to "get out" to the people then this could only be accomplished by verifiable video and independant, objective, observation. And that has not happened. The question of WHY or WHY NOT weighs heavily on this case. It doesn't matter that he "thinks" differently. Or that the camera is, for whatever reason, locked away at apparently the most important times. If he is to get the truth out to the people, the people will only accept a certain level of evidence.

You don't need to be a techie to point a freaking video camera. For Gods sake, if there is something real, then get a damn video camera, get your clumsy hand puppets to hold the thing and press the red button. My 4 year old could do this. The excuse of not being technically savvy is just bogus.

So, is Nancy lying or has she actually seen this stuff?? It was interesting on her first interview when she was asked about UFO's and crop circle connection that she brought up and described her own UFO encounter. And she said the two were completely different. But her encounter was about a UFO that her and a number of school children saw. The UFO put them into paralysis for a time. I don't know if this is in the UFO literature or not but I do remember her describing it. So, did this happen the way she described or is this a product of being around this wacky field for so long??

I don't know, but something is certainly amiss.

Well, for what it's worth I just read the following bit of crop circle news (nothing to do with either Nancy or Robbert, BTW).

Seems like high summer strangeness is afoot in Wiltshire. Alas, video footage of "event" not being released at this time and the "researchers" seem a bit woo woo to me. Shame if something anomalous really is going on and the only witnesses to it are dolphin-ticklers.
Anyway, here are some stills of what they claim to have seen. Balloon? Crisp packet? Alien craft?

http://www.cropcirclewisdom.com/barburyUFO/barburyUFO.html

Well, for what it's worth I just read the following bit of crop circle news (nothing to do with either Nancy or Robbert, BTW).

Seems like high summer strangeness is afoot in Wiltshire. Alas, video footage of "event" not being released at this time and the "researchers" seem a bit woo woo to me. Shame if something anomalous really is going on and the only witnesses to it are dolphin-ticklers.
Anyway, here are some stills of what they claim to have seen. Balloon? Crisp packet? Alien craft?

http://www.cropcirclewisdom.com/barburyUFO/barburyUFO.html

Hmm. Looks way over-produced to me. Whenever they say they have the video but aren't releasing it, and give you stills to whet your appetite, they either don't have the video or the video is bullshit. This is all grandstanding. Nothing here. A bunch of self-absorbed showmen, that's it.

I just want to post a final clarification, after having looked through her website, and attacked the lack of real science in an earlier post. The good news is this lady does have a slew of scientific analysts under her belt which does lend credibility to the aspects of crop circles identified as peculiar.

The bad news is she herself is the group's representative, lecturing on scientific stuff it's likely she doesn't understand herself and adding formation theories along the way. That's my personal impression, and when I hear 'energy' being used as an explanation for stuff like this, I get angry. Be it electrical energy caused by magnesium carbonate percolation and water table shifts, or the energy of the spiralling plasma vortex she mentioned.

I checked out one of her resource links (sacredbritain.com) and while providing an interesting read, the article was quick in reaching conclusions and using 'the energy' to reach them. Even ancient energy was implicated as an offender. What is this energy and how is it measured? Some bar charts displaying that the majority of crop circles occur on chalky soil with underground aquifers is not shocking information. It's usually these kinds of landscapes which provide the flat ground and conditions necessary for these kinds of cultures. You don't get crop circles in sand, moorland and places with underlying granite because obviously, crops can't be grown there.

Factors surrounding genuine crop circles need to be investigated, that is a necessity. What researchers need to avoid is using preconceived theories in their research and unscientific approaches.

I got the impression Nancy was an honest person with a genuine enthusiasm for solving this 'mystery' and I hope I'm not wrong. However, she has to distance herself from all the preconceived theories, psychic Dutch charlatans and farfetched explanations. I wish her and everyone else well. There was no need to exchange angry emails back and forth, and I hope the situation hasn't been aggravated beyond the point of a Nancy Talbot return podcast.::)

Here are the latest UFO photos from Robbert:

Dutch Crop Circle Archive

Maybe you could have Nancy back on to explain these, as she appears to have been there when the photos were taken.

My god those are the worst fake UFO photo's I've ever seen.
03.jpg

Seriously. Looks like some kind of small object held up close to the camera to me... you can see the right hand side always touches the side of the image too, it's probably been cropped 'cause there's a hand holding it there.

Someone actually thinks this is something?

/not a photo analyst

Back