• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

June 21,2009

Ally

Skilled Investigator
This is a classic for sure. Peter Robbins if you are reading this you are beyond awesome. The more I hear about the RFI the more interesting it gets. John seems very sincere and I do hope he finds out what happened if that is possible.

Personally this is very interesting too. There is possible time travel, medical problems, cover ups and Halt all in one... this sounds familiar. I sure hope there are more episodes like this.

Thanks for the reminder! I'd forgotten to listen, I've been spellbound/in awe/horrified by events in Iran for days now. I think another trip through the looking glass is just what the doctor orderered.

Not to change subjects but I would love to hear what people from other areas think about the Iran situation. Thanks for bringing up current events too.

John Burroughs struck me as a level-headed and rational witness, even after being exposed to LMH.
If the time travel point has not been injected as misdirection it might tie in interestingly with the "slowing down" he mentioned - which reminded me of what some call the Oz Factor. Could it be a side-effect of the intersection of different time periods?... or the technology (or fortuitous natural phenomenon?) at work? The mind wobbles.

Great episode. Fascinating stuff. Not much else needs to be said, really.

I look forward to future developments with those involved. Whether the Paracast is involved or not I think only good things can come from a long overdue meeting of all the primary witnesses. I'd like the Paracast to be involved, but either way it needs to happen.

Thanks to Peter too. Would have been a lesser show without him.

Larry Warren says he definitely saw a "video camera" AND a "motion picture camera" at the site during one of the incidents:

Jim (Forgot Last Name) talks about how he thinks it's a "craft." Saying he walked around it and looked under it to look for engines.

To all involved, thanks for an excellent show.

I wanna try and articulate something, it was "implied" on the show, but not overtly stated. There is something so utterly STRANGE folded into these stories. Weird issues that don't easily fit into the "framework" of a standard case.

* The blue light passing thru the car?!?!

* John Burroughs talks about time moving SLOWER?!?!?

* John Burroughs missing time, and the odd download of information?!?!?

* Larry Warren's odd hypnosis memories?!?!?

Upon a cursory examination, the Rendelsham (SP?) case is classic nuts & bolts stuff. Military people, radio transmissions, a craft seen by multiple witnesses. But, there is this eerie subtext - and it's a hot potato, how do you define this undefinable weirdness?

How do you address it?

To me, it feels like some sort of multi-dimensional shift took place, and the boundaries of how witnesses describe things is challenged. It's NOT simple. It's right there in the interview, and Gene and Dave addressed some small points, but (for me) not enough. Something happened "beyond" a metal craft hovering in a field in England, but what?

peace
Mike C!

Gene and David: Last Men Standing

Friends,

I can't listen to other paranormal podcasts anymore. Let me explain.

I've listened to nearly all of the Paracast episodes and am totally hooked. The level of professionalism Gene and David bring to each Paracast is unequalled. I know, because lately I've tried to break the habit with other podcasts out there.

It's night and day.

For example, when Mr. Burroughs talked about the "basketball-sized light," I can hear the other shows now:

• One group of guys would have made a Kobe Bryant joke or something similar.
  • One very popular gentleman would have repeated the description and exclaimed, "Wow."
  • One would have made his trademark nervous laugh, which you can always count on when a guest makes a profound statement.
  • One would have simply went on to the next canned question, something I can't stand especially when the conversation veers into a more interesting area.
But Gene and David brought this guest back repeatedly when the conversation went off-track (with the blue light and other topics), and were able to get Mr. Burroughs to share information that was previously unknown, even to Peter. These guys do their homework, an impression I don't get with other shows.

When all is said and done, and the last of the pretenders are swept away from the stage, Gene and David will be the last men standing. I firmly believe these two (with Peter) will get further along than anyone when it comes to shedding light on the Rendlesham case.

Next up, Colonel Halt?

The RushHorseman QUIZ:

One group of guys would have made a Kobe Bryant joke or something similar.
Is that EERIE radio?

One very popular gentleman would have repeated the description and exclaimed, "Wow."
George Norry?

One would have made his trademark nervous laugh, which you can always count on when a guest makes a profound statement.
Tim Binnall?

One would have simply went on to the next canned question, something I can't stand especially when the conversation veers into a more interesting area.
Or - is THIS George Norry?

Great episode..... really guys it was amazing, i only wish it could have been longer. I feel we didnt really delve enough into the whole time travellers thing, and what he revealed under hypnosis.

I have seen many videos of Burroughs, and i have to say that in the past i always thought there was something about him that didnt add up... I think i have changed my mind now and do believe he is telling the truth.

Lets get some of the other people on who can tell us the story from their viewpoint

Excellent show. I thought the first hour was really great when Burroughs was very straightforward in his explanation, busting several Bentwaters myths in the process, e.g. The weapons off-base issue. I also thought his 'attitude' of NOT coming to definite conclusions was laudable and refreshing. Is he from Pittsburgh, by any chance? Just curious--trying to pin the accent.

However, the hypnosis angle, it seems to me, is very shaky. First, the hypnotists are unknown. One is 'some guy' who was into hypnosis. The second was an 'older gentleman.' The third was a woman. That's just too squirrely. Who were these guys? Secondly, the hypnosis sessions turned classic almost immediately with 'suggestions of aliens.' I think Burroughs sounds entirely sincere here, but I suspect he was misled. It's too bad he didn't get to a competent known hypnotist, but as it is I don't think we can come to any conclusions about that part of the story.

Now I suppose you guys will be accused of changing the direction of the show by talking to primary witnesses rather than to the UFOs themselves.

Brilliant show. An excellent case if there ever was one, given it's fair due!

After the last show Peter was on I posted some criticism of Warren's story. While I stand by much of what I said, I defended Halt and used him as an example of a better witness than Warren. I take that back...

It's interesting that Halt now works for dick cheney. I remember an episode a while back with Don Ecker (I think! Not too sure.) where hesaid someone asked George W. Bush what he thought of the whole UFO thing and he replied, "ask Cheney."

Anyway, I could go on all night about all the things which made me think during this episode, but, suffice to say, great episode. It would be class if you could get that RFI witness episode going. Definitely would have to be an extended episode! Then have Halt on the week after or whenever.

Kudos;)

Fantastic show. You guys conducted that show superbly. I really appreciated the way you allowed John to continue the telling of the story, occasionally chiming in with relevant questions. Very professional and well done! David, I have to say I also appreciate your clarifications to make sure listeners are on track with where the discussion is going, such as when you asked John on which particular day he was talking about. Oh, and the question about if he could remember which radio frequency they were using during their communications was excellent. Sadly he couldn't remember, but asking that question was the mark of a great investigator!

Very well done Gene and David. :cool:

This was one of your best shows. Give the time constraints, it may have been better to have had John on by himself. A part 2 episode is warranted.

I'm still not sure how his story was affected by his hypnosis sessions. In other words, what parts of his recollection were culled from those later remembrances.

The time is ripe to put a full court press on the Rendlesham event. There has got to be a ton of witnesses out there. Let's not wait until they are all old and dying (like Roswell), before this is fully investigated. I'd love to hear Col. Halt come on to discuss his part in this. Can't hurt to ask.

Kudos to David for asking pointed, intelligent questions, and then giving John the space to answer fully. Noory could learn a thing or two from listening to you conduct an interview.

My gut reaction is that the Bentwaters episode must have been a cover story for a nuclear accident. The rest got confabulated. Meanwhile, several direct and indirect participants are vying for their book or movie deals. The basic, underlying "message" still comes from The Day The Earth Stood Still.

Or not.

My gut reaction is that the Bentwaters episode must have been a cover story for a nuclear accident. The rest got confabulated. Meanwhile, several direct and indirect participants are vying for their book or movie deals. The basic, underlying "message" still comes from The Day The Earth Stood Still.

You cannot be serious. I mean honestly, the only thing you've got is the radiation thing.

The rest of the pieces just do not fit.

Back