• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

UN hearings on AMR

Wade

FeralNormal master
World leaders sign UN pledge to tackle 'biggest global health threat'

Nice to see that this subject is starting to receive the attention it deserves.While I was aware that this problem is compounded by the antibiotics we give livestock and pour into the environment and food chain it never really occurred to me until a couple years back that we make it even worse when we eliminate our body waste and release it back into the environment after having taken antibiotics.

The science world is freaking out over this 25-year-old's answer to antibiotic resistance

These potential bacteria killers even have a snappy acronym friendly name....

"The polymers - which they call SNAPPs, or structurally nanoengineered antimicrobial peptide polymers - work by directly attacking, penetrating, and then destabilising the cell membrane of bacteria."

Although I didn't see the word used in the story it sounds like we could be (finally) seeing the first use of nanobots...if not only in the lab for the time being.

Last edited:
Back