• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Nasa Discovers Supposed 'Alien Structure.'

Sounds like the consensus is that it's natural.

Since it could be literally anything, the least complex hypothesis would be that it's just the same thing observed with the other stars. They didn't really explain why comets were impossible for that specific star.

Actually when this story came out I believe the reason they dismissed a comet or group of comets was that they felt comfortable doing so because a spectrum analysis of the gases did not fit the profile of what is usually measured on comets. If it was a slew of comets this gas measurements would be high and these gases didn't exist in the amount that was expected.

Ah, ok. No comets.

I'm still not sure why it'd automatically have to be solar panels, though. I guess any unique behavior is interesting, though.

Back