• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

My Son's Strange Encounter

GhostSensor3000

Skilled Investigator
First I want to preface this incident by saying that I've recently been catching up on Walter Bosley and Dr. Joseph P. Farrell's works on breakaway civilizations, and specifically Mr. Bosley's most recent book Origins, and Farrell's more recent book on rogue networks, 9/11, and the fascist international organizations. Great stuff by the way. Anyway, I'm hesitant to admit say that I'm a federal employee, but in a very minor capacity (trust me it is), but it may have some connection with my son's experience. I hope not. Maybe I'm just being paranoid. I hope that's the case.

Now on to my son's experience last night while he was out with a female friend. I'm going to quote what my son put on a social network site so everyone here can hear it straight from the source. So here it goes:

"...I don't really post too many statuses on here normally, but as of late I've had quite a bit of stuff go on. Tonight I was out with a friend, Kaylee, and we decided to hang out at a restaurant. We were approached by 2 individuals who practically sat down and immediately started asking questions about where we lived, where we were from, and if we were related and/or dating. They pretty much harassed us for a majority of the time we were there; asking where we were from repeatedly, asking for phone numbers, it even got to the point where they started speaking in Spanish to try and talk behind our backs, trying to find out where we were going. After a long turn of events, We got out of the entire situation completely okay, we stalled and got security after they left, and just avoided the whole scenario..."

But it seems awfully strange this happens to my son after I begin studying these subjects and discussing them with friends/coworkers. It almost seems as if they were being interrogated. The thing I find strange is why these two individuals repeatedly kept asking for specific information like where are you from, who are you related to. Like I said before, I hope I'm just being paranoid and this incident in coincidental.

Last edited:
First I want to preface this incident by saying that I've recently been catching up on Walter Bosley and Dr. Joseph P. Farrell's works on breakaway civilizations, and specifically Mr. Bosley's most recent book Origins, and Farrell's more recent book on rogue networks, 9/11, and the fascist international organizations. Great stuff by the way. Anyway, I'm hesitant to admit say that I'm a federal employee, but in a very minor capacity (trust me it is), but it may have some connection with my son's experience. I hope not. Maybe I'm just being paranoid. I hope that's the case.

Now on to my son's experience last night while he was out with a female friend. I'm going to quote what my son put on a social network site so everyone here can hear it straight from the source. So here it goes:

"...I don't really post too many statuses on here normally, but as of late I've had quite a bit of stuff go on. Tonight I was out with a friend, Kaylee, and we decided to hang out at a restaurant. We were approached by 2 individuals who practically sat down and immediately started asking questions about where we lived, where we were from, and if we were related and/or dating. They pretty much harassed us for a majority of the time we were there; asking where we were from repeatedly, asking for phone numbers, it even got to the point where they started speaking in Spanish to try and talk behind our backs, trying to find out where we were going. After a long turn of events, We got out of the entire situation completely okay, we stalled and got security after they left, and just avoided the whole scenario..."

But it seems awfully strange this happens to my son after I begin studying these subjects and discussing them with friends/coworkers. It almost seems as if they were being interrogated. The thing I find strange is why these two individuals repeatedly kept asking for specific information like where are you from, who are you related to. Like I said before, I hope I'm just being paranoid and this incident in coincidental.
It seems to me that wanting to know why someone wants to ask questions is one of the first responses the questioner is going to get, and if not, the chance of getting that response increases the longer the questioning goes on. So I'm wondering, did your son ask these people why they were asking so many questions? If not, that would seem rather strange to me.

Last edited:
He did. And they told him to "Chill bro...we just want to know." By this point, he was pretty ticked and asked them to leave the table. Pretty weird.

Odd story, I would keep a close eye on the son, and ensure he pays attention to his surroundings. Take photos next time or covertly record these interactions for later use!

Yeah, he's college age and has already returned to school for the semester, but he's not that far away. He stays in contact with us pretty frequently. And he's a pretty astute and aware kid, and has a good head on his shoulders. Plus, every once and a while I'll remind him what happened. He gets it, but yeah, I still worry. What decent parent wouldn't?

Also, thanks for the tip on recording the next strange incident. I'll be sure to let him know.

Also, make sure he is responsible when drinking. There is "something" going on at major universities...I had my own very odd experiences with, "someone" when I was in college. Stay smart.

Also, make sure he is responsible when drinking. There is "something" going on at major universities...I had my own very odd experiences with, "someone" when I was in college. Stay smart.

Oh yeah, especially since his encounter, I made sure he was extra careful, and someone else could always account for his whereabouts.

That's weird about the universities. Kind of reminds me of what David Paulides mentioned before, and will putting into his upcoming book about urban disappearances.

You know there was a disappearance here in Charlotte, NC in 2007. A UNC graduate student, Kyle Fleischmann, walked out of a downtown bar on a cold, winter night, and disappeared into thin air. And I believe this case is still unsolved. It's one of the most high profile disappearance cases in Charlotte, in decades.

My son wasn't stalked. He was approached at a bar.

Sorry I should of been more direct in my response I was actually asking @withoutlimits09 about his experience. There was a series of murders a few years back that fell under the name of the smiley faces killers. Those alleged murders and disappearances are going on to this very day...although the smiley face aspect doesn't seem to come up...I say alleged because all these deaths have involved young men , mostly all white, with high GPAs who were found dead near or in bodies of water , drowning isn't always a cause of death (I think it has sometimes) and either alcohol or GHB ,(date rape drug) was found in their bodies Regarding this combo that blood alcohol limit was not all that high that it should cause major impairment but the mysterious addition of GHB would certainly pack a wallop

Some young men (solo, no companion). that would fit this profile have reported being approached or talked up by strangers asked personal questions usually invited to a party and have found their drinks played with and got sick as a dog without drinking a lot and discovered they were drugged.

Reading your post it doesn't sound like that your son's experience is related to this but it goes to show one should always be on their guard.

Last edited:
Reading your post it doesn't sound like that your son's experience is related to this but it goes to show one should always be on their guard.
That's fine. No big deal. Although his experience was still very weird.

I did hear about the young men being found in bodies of water. I just didn't know these killers were called 'the smiley face killers.' How did that name get attached to these cases? Just curious.

When these mysterious deaths first started happening one of those smiley faces were found nearby in a number of instances. But my thought was that this symbol is so ubiquitous (spl?) that why shouldn't it be found nearby. I haven't heard any mention of it recently

At any rate Loren Coleman focused on this symbol on one of his more recent posts (Who watches the Suicide Squad) I love his blog but I think he takes Semiotics to some pretty questionable conclusions at tines, you have to be pretty broad minded imo.

Last edited:
I'm not trying to diminish experience or anything, but when i read your son's account, I perceive two aggressive douchebags trying to figure out how available "Kaylee" is, how often she's in the area and frequents the establishments/clubs, making sure she's not in high school, and, if they are seeing each other, how serious that relationship is and how capable one of them would be snagging her from your son (relationship wise), which would be why they wanted to know where each is from. If your son isn't seeing the girl, their aggression would have been amplified.

That type of situation is awkward, but not out of place at parties. Rarer in a two on two situation in a restaurant, but if that restaurant is also a bar it's not that weird.

That's just where my brain goes when I read that, based on my personal experiences and understanding of people and the way they act. It could very well be that something more strange or suspicious was taking place.

I see your point and it makes sense. Although, according to my son, the whole thing was strange. The thing is, they weren't just focusing on Kaylee. That's the disturbing part. Who knows?:confused: I'm just glad they made it out of the situation in one piece.

Sorry I should of been more direct in my response I was actually asking @withoutlimits09 about his experience. There was a series of murders a few years back that fell under the name of the smiley faces killers. Those alleged murders and disappearances are going on to this very day...although the smiley face aspect doesn't seem to come up...I say alleged because all these deaths have involved young men , mostly all white, with high GPAs who were found dead near or in bodies of water , drowning isn't always a cause of death (I think it has sometimes) and either alcohol or GHB ,(date rape drug) was found in their bodies Regarding this combo that blood alcohol limit was not all that high that it should cause major impairment but the mysterious addition of GHB would certainly pack a wallop

Some young men (solo, no companion). that would fit this profile have reported being approached or talked up by strangers asked personal questions usually invited to a party and have found their drinks played with and got sick as a dog without drinking a lot and discovered they were drugged.

I was stalked. That is all I care to share at this time. Keep your eyes open everyone.

When I was in college in the early 90s, I was chased by some weird individuals for a period of time, and for no particular reason. I mean, these were older adults. People I didn't know from Adam, all of them middle aged males. And it happened on several different occasions, both by men on foot, and in cars. All of these occurrences happened in my hometown when I was home for the holidays and on summer breaks. And it always alone when it happened. Eventually it ceased, and I just blew it off. Hmmm...now I wonder what that could have been about, if anything.

Last edited:
Back