• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Paul Bennewitz and his UFO signals

Ian

Paranormal Maven
I'm listening to an old Paracast podcast with Richard Dolan. The subject of Paul Bennewitz came up, and his home made technical equipment apparently intercepting signals he decided were from UFOs/aliens. No one in the podcast gave the story any serious credibility, neither was it discredited, for obvious reasons.

But to give this particular story a veneer of credibility, some technical details are needed. I've done some searching but not found any technical details - not even simple things like frequency (other than the uselessly vague description of "low frequency". Didn't he write it down?!)

To be honest if he lived close to a military base he probably heard some coded military communications, but more technical details might help rule that out. Nevertheless, it seems unlikely that aliens would use radio in a way we could detect...

Ian

Last edited:
I've done some searching but not found any technical details - not even simple things like frequency (other than the uselessly vague description of "low frequency". Didn't he write it down?!)

Bennewitz stated that the (alleged) signals from the (alleged) UFOs was down around 200 Hz.

Bennewitz stated that the (alleged) signals from the (alleged) UFOs was down around 200 Hz.

Thanks. That's interesting. Do you have a source? There's not a whole lot of data you can squeeze onto 200 Hz! But it confirms the 'low frequency' statement elsewhere. It's well known the military use these extremely low frequencies for very reliable but slow-speed data to span the globe - especially to submarines... and underground communications.

A transmitter and antenna capable of generating such a signal would be enormous and not something that could be hidden on a military base I don't think. The antennas are tens if not hundreds of miles long, even when electrically shortened.

I can't believe Bennewitz didn't know (or hadn't worked out) all this. And even if it was the very first test transmissions, he claims to have decoded them. Surely the decoded contents would have illustrated the source!
  • :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Back