• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

hello from Oz

taueret

Paranormal Novice
hi, I posted in another thread earlier today and then realised I should have said hello here first. I have been listening to the show for a couple of years, and have listened to a lot of the back-catalog and lurk here on the forums. I am a science person by training and trade, and have never had any "experiences" other than a few non-useful psychic insights and some creepy haunty-type activity in my home when I was a teenager. I would LOVE to see or experience something that I can't explain though and love reading others' tales.

I had the "become a field investigator" page open on the MUFON site last night, but after searching and reading here I closed it without forking over the $$$ as I'm not even sure how active MUFON is here in Australia, or whether there's anything to investigate! Anyone have any comments about that?

Oh- and I did want to say how much I enjoyed the show with Robert Damon Schneck, it's probably my favourite episode of all time. What a nice and interesting man.

Ok enough from me, see you 'round.

Taueret
NSW, Australia

Welcome to the forum :).

RE:
I'm not even sure how active MUFON is here in Australia, or whether there's anything to investigate!

I can't speak about MUFON in Australia or elsewhere (I am not a member), but I think that in Australia you have the full compliment of "Paranormal" things, for Example UFO's and landing marks/crop circles, the Yowie (Bigfoot type Crypto), Incredibly ancient spiritual sites, an Ancient mythological culture, Spirits and Ghosts, Sea/water Monsters and a lot more.

There are very experienced and knowledgeable researchers here, I am sure that if you posted a question regarding a specific case or type of case (e.g UFO's in Australia) somebody would be either able to supply the information or point you in the right direction.

Enjoy the forums, best wishes.

Hello there,

Well, I don't want to sound too melodramatic . . . :eek: . . . but you wrote:

I would LOVE to see or experience something that I can't explain though and love reading others' tales.

As the old saying goes, be careful what you wish for . . . I don't think Stonehart, from New Zealand, was wishing for anything, but he started a thread not so long ago:

Well It seems I live in a haunted house damn it, here

I don't know what ever happened with Stonehart, but the situation, as he described it in the thread, sounded rather serious. So, from my meager contact with the "paranormal" it would seem prudence and caution are always warranted, without pegging the meter either full on or full off.

Welcome and best wishes.

Back