• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

July 17, 2016 — Shop Talk 2016 with Gene and Chris

I'm not sure if any of the subsequent comments refer to what I wrote, but assuming some are related to what I wrote: Regarding Nick Pope, I was simply saying I wasn't too interested to hear Nick Pope for the reasons I stated, not that there is anything wrong with having him on. I'm sure there are plenty of times where listeners won't listen to a guest for various reasons. For example, a guest I don't particularly like is J.C. Johnson as I find him completely uninteresting, but I'm not critiquing the show because he is brought on. The guests I like more than compensate for the guests I don't like. I, by the way, have downloaded this After the Paracast with Nick Pope and will be listening to it this week. So to summarize, there was no critique of the show in my statements regarding Nick Pope.

Regarding political talk, I think excessive political opinions should be outside the scope of the Paracast and I don't think this political talk does a service to Gene and Chris in terms of building a fan base and instead turn many people away. I, (and I assume many others) come to hear their opinions on paranormal matters, and not their political opinions. I'm not talking about the cases where the politics are relevant to the paranormal-related discussion at hand (e.g. Hillary's comments on Area 54, disclosure, government secrecy, etc.). I'm talking about random political opinions thrown in for no purpose other than to get a jibe at someone they dislike. In my opinion, all this does is irritate some segment of their audience for (apparently) no reason other than the satisfaction of venting on air.

Gene and Chris are obviously free to run the show any way they wish and I'm not questioning their right to do so. As a long time listener and fan of the Paracast, I believe what I'm providing is constructive criticism for the purpose of making the show as good as possible, but of course, it's just my opinion, and Gene and Chris can decide what they want to do with my suggestions.

I really don't believe Chris gets the credit that he deserves. His level of self-awareness and critical thinking is something that is lacking in the majority of "researchers" in this field. Chris stands alone in this field, or with a select few, as someone who is aware of confirmation bias (including his own), and acknowledges that everything he knows may be wrong. I can't imagine how much work goes into putting this show together week after week... and they make it look easy.

Back