• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Your Paracast Newsletter — July 24, 2016

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
THE PARACAST NEWSLETTER
July 24, 2016
www.theparacast.com

Linda Godfrey Explores “Monsters Among Us” on The Paracast

The Paracast is heard Sundays from 3:00 AM until 6:00 AM Central Time on the GCN Radio Network and affiliates around the USA, the Boost Radio Network, the IRN Internet Radio Network, and online across the globe via download and on-demand streaming.

SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY A PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! We have another radio show and we’d love for you listen to it. So for a low subscription fee, you will receive access to After The Paracast, plus a higher-quality version of The Paracast free of network ads, and chat rooms when you sign up for The Paracast+. We also offer a special RSS feed for easy updates of the latest episodes, the new Paracast+ Video Channel, episode transcripts, Special Features and Classic Episodes. Check out our new “Lifetime” membership! For more information about our premium package, please visit: Introducing The Paracast+ | The Paracast — The Gold Standard of Paranormal Radio.

This Week's Episode: Gene and Chris present a special return appearance by Linda Godfrey, author of “Monsters Among Us: An Exploration of Otherworldly Bigfoots, Wolfmen, Portals, Phantoms, and Odd Phenomena.” If you’ve ever heard an inexplicable bump in the night, caught a glimpse of a strange-looking someone (or something?) out of the corner of your eye, or seen an unusual craft dart across the sky before it vanishes without a trace, there’s only one person to call. Linda is the author of numerous books that offer rare reporting on bigfoot, werewolves, strange energy forms, and other bizarre beings—explores the mystical, legendary, and scientific angles of these creatures . . . and the surprising secret portals and doorways some may use to enter our world.

Chris O’Brien’s Site: Our Strange Planet

Linda Godfrey’s Blog: Lindagodfrey's Blog

After The Paracast -- Available exclusively to Paracast+ subscribers on July 24: [PG-13]: After discussing his appearance on last week’s episode, Gene and Chris wonder about the possibility that Nick Pope might be a government tool. The discussion focuses on the ways the authorities might disinform the public about UFOs, or move the discussion in a certain direction. Chris calls it, “Messengers of Deception 101.” Moving on to other rumored disinformation agents, Gene brings up the late Jim Moseley’s alleged government connections, being the son of an Army Major General. What about the idle speculation that someone from the CIA is a forum member? The talk switches briefly to the sci-fi screenplays written by Gene and Chris before Chris offers an update on the San Luis Valley Camera Project.

Reminder: Please don't forget to visit our famous Paracast Community Forums for the latest news/views/debates on all things paranormal: The Paracast Community Forums.

About Listening to Other Points of View

By Gene Steinberg

As most of you know, I’m not known to be politically correct about the paranormal. While the vast majority of people who believe in UFOs favor the extraterrestrial theory, I have long been saying, “wait a minute!”

My contention over the years is that we do not have evidence that we have been visited by spaceships from other planets. The evidence, such as it is, has been mostly indirect. So UFOs, or at least the ones declared to be “unknown,” may exhibit feats of maneuverability far beyond that of which our own craft are capable. Or at least at the time they were observed.

Inasmuch as UFOs appear to represent advanced technology of which humans are incapable, they must be from other planets. It’s largely a process of elimination. Even when there appears to be trace evidence of the presence of a UFO, it never amounts to ironclad proof of extraterrestrial origin.

Some might suggest that’s ET’s fault, or it’s a secret plot by the U.S. government’s “Silence Group,” but that’s just an excuse. The conclusive “smoking gun” evidence is still lacking.

Certainly the ongoing discoveries of exosolar planets, orbiting other star systems, which might have Earth-like conditions, is reason to be optimistic about the possibilities of life out there. But that doesn’t mean that any of these planets has spawned a space-faring race, and if such civilizations exist, that doesn’t mean they have been here, are here or want to come here.

So many possibilities, so few answers.

I’m setting aside UFO abductions and other possible contacts with aliens. It is not at all certain these experiences, if genuine, truly represent what they seem to represent. I’m not dismissing the possibility that people are being honest about what they recall about such experiences, but that doesn’t mean they are remembering the details correctly, or that what they remember truly represents what really happened.

While I have suggested possible interdimensional (multiverse) or breakaway civilization solutions, I’m still willing to listen to other possibilities. The Paracast is known to cover a wide variety of viewpoints. While your humble hosts will ask skeptical questions, that’s done in large part to allow the guests to expand on their statements, and fill in the blanks.

Some guests, particularly those who make the talk show circuit regularly, will often repeat the same old spiel, with the same responses, and it doesn’t hurt to ask the unexpected question to take them off their stride.

At the end of the day, it may well be that there is a purely conventional explanation to UFOs, that no paranormal phenomena, extraterrestrials, time travelers, ultra terrestrials or breakaway civilizations are involved. If that’s the case, so be it, though I doubt things will end up that way.

Now when you consider UFOs, possible secrecy and other matters, you can’t help but bring other conspiracy theories into the picture.

Decades latter, the theory that there was a conspiracy involved in the assassination of President John F. Kennedy remains quite compelling. There is also reason to be concerned about what really happened on 9/11.

At the end of the day, however, it may well be that Lee Harvey Oswald, as the Warren Commission concluded in its controversial report, was the lone assassin. It may well be that the 9/11 terrorist attack was precisely what it seemed to be, a small team of evildoers whose impossible plot came together in a way that the authorities overlooked.

I suppose there’s reason to be skeptical that several dozen warnings of a potential terrorist attack could possibly have been overlooked. One theory has it that the authorities allowed the attacks to occur, perhaps to give the George W. Bush administration an excuse to attack Iraq. But it may well be that interagency rivalries and other issues that resulted in a lack of communication among the parties involved, may have prevented those warnings from receiving the proper attention.

A core problem with these conspiracies is that, since the murder of JFK, people have been less inclined to trust the government. Certainly ongoing denials about UFO reality only helped fuel the fire. So you shouldn’t be surprised when I suggest that, if President Obama announced that UFOs were from outer space, and trotted out a gray alien, people would dismiss it as a model, a CGI hoax, or just a trick to allow the government to pursue a plot to take away our freedoms.

Theories that the government is out to get us are always out there, such as the extreme claim that the global conspiracy exists to eliminate, by war or disease, 80% of the population. Or maybe it’s all a plot hatched by alien beings in concert with Earth authorities.

But even if someone believes that the conventional explanation is the correct one, that’s no reason to summarily dismiss that person. On last week’s episode of our After The Paracast podcast, I brought on Nick Pope. Now Nick gained fame as the former official with the UK Ministry of Defence who got involved in UFO investigation.

He’s also interested in conspiracy theories, but not just as the casual observer.

So his official bio says, “Nick Pope is one of the world’s leading experts on conspiracy theories. He has discussed the subject on numerous TV shows, and written news stories and features about conspiracy theories (including tie-in publicity material for the second “X-Files” movie, and extensive material for truTV’s “Conspiratorium"), covering topics that include JFK, the moon landings, 9/11, UFOs, and many other conspiracy theories – some well-known, others less well-known. If you’ve ever read one of those media features listing the world’s top 10 conspiracy theories, it may well have been written by Nick Pope!”

All right, he does seem to be a major authority, but he will tell you, as he did on our premium podcast, that he believes in the conventional explanations for JFK, the moon landings, 9/11 and other alleged conspiracies. And I certainly agree with him in disbelieving the urban legend that Paul McCartney died, or that the moon landings were faked, But I’ve been following the JFK murder since the mid-1960s, when I first attended a lecture by the late Mark Lane, one of the first of a long line of conspiracy theorists. I’ve never been satisfied with the lone gunman theory.

But I gave Nick his due, and I was disturbed by the fact that some of our listeners rejected his positions out of hand. Some wouldn’t even listen to the show because they felt he’s a government “tool.” Granted he may have been privy to UK government secrets that he cannot reveal. That’s also true for any government official, present or past, who might have had a need to know about something. But that doesn’t mean such people should be ignored. If that were the case, you might as well dismiss anyone with a military background. That might even include airline pilots who have UFO sightings, since many of them were military pilots before they entered civilian life.

And what about such key figures in UFO research as Major Donald Keyhoe? Oh yes, he was thought by some to be a military tool, someone trying to conceal the truth, or sabotage UFO research. Despite his many contacts in government, I saw little reason to disbelieve him. I knew him only slightly, but he seemed perfectly sincere in what he wrote and believed about UFOs.

Sometimes it’s not a bad idea to let someone with different ideas have their say. They might even be right on occasion.

br>
Copyright 1999-2016 The Paracast LLC. All Rights Reserved.

Privacy Policy: Your personal information is safe with us. We will positively never give out your name and/or e-mail address to anybody else, and that's a promise!

Back