• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

May 1, 2016 — Micah Hanks

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
Focusing on the lack of progress in the UFO field, Micah Hanks spoke about redesigning the UFO classification systems in light of the latest technologies. He also talked, towards the end of the episode, about secret societies and breakaway civilizations.

This discussion continued and expanded into new directions this week when Micah guest co-hosted After The Paracast, an exclusive feature of The Paracast Plus. Check here for more information about our premium service:

Introducing The Paracast+ | The Paracast — The Gold Standard of Paranormal Radio

OK, this remark is PERSONAL about Micah Hanks. I can't help it. I try so hard to give Micah a good sincere listen. But he uses so many words to say so little that my mind begins to wander, watching dust motes in the sun (which seem more exciting). I also have a hard time taking seriously a man who on his own G. Report refers to Rush Limbaugh and other right wingers with great respect and as reliable sources. Yes, he is a Southerner, but there is no excuse for such political immaturity. Rush Limbaugh?!?! Chuck Norris?!?!? Really? Therefore, listening to this Paracast was simply painful for me. Can the man never give short answers? That voice just goes on and on and on and on and on......by about half way through the show I burst out with "WILL YOU PLEASE JUST SHUT UP?" Then, I must confess (Gene) that I just had to turn it off. I realize this is probably a minority opinion that will not be affirmed by anyone else.

Last edited:
I don't wish to beat up on Micah Hanks, but when I hear him speak, one word constantly pops into my mind, 'glib.' Speaking smoothly and being wordy, but coming away as insincere. I am sure mine is also a minority view as well, but there you have it.

OK, this remark is PERSONAL about Micah Hanks. I can't help it. I try so hard to give Micah a good sincere listen. But he uses so many words to say so little that my mind begins to wander, watching dust motes in the sun (which seem more exciting). I also have a hard time taking seriously a man who on his own G. Report refers to Rush Limbaugh and other right wingers with great respect and as reliable sources. Yes, he is a Southerner, but there is no excuse for such political immaturity. Rush Limbaugh?!?! Chuck Norris?!?!? Really? Therefore, listening to this Paracast was simply painful for me. Can the man never give short answers? That voice just goes on and on and on and on and on......by about half way through the show I burst out with "WILL YOU PLEASE JUST SHUT UP?" Then, I must confess (Gene) that I just had to turn it off. I realize this is probably a minority opinion that will not be affirmed by anyone else.

You are not alone! I can NEVER get through a Hanks episode because of the endless wordiness. Verbose, rambling, extremely long-winded are just some of things that come to mind as I attempt to listen. It's unfortunate that his style makes him sound so pretentious and arrogant, as surely this is not his intent. Painful is a good word.

Sounds like a great show so many negative responses and Mich Hanks is cool dude and great American which he does lots of ground work. Also doesn't have close mind rather open one. Keep rocking Mr Hanks. Enjoyed your book Ghosts Rockets and hope you write book on atheist and religion viewpoints on UFO history?

Last edited:
Enjoyed the show much. Micah mentioned having lunch with Stanton Freidman at a sandwich shop in Riverside CA. I'm originally from there. If you read this Micah I'd love to know where that was.

Sent from my D2303 using Tapatalk

Butch's! That's the place over by the community college near Mt Rubidoux. Only went there a couple of times. I used to love dream burger which was also nearby.

Walter, besides some of your work, do you know any other work related or based around the Inland Empire?

Some years back there was a book released about Satanic worship in the area. It's probably not hard to find in a web search. Unless I'm overlooking something, nothing else comes to mind. I will add that every newspaper in the San Bernardino Valley has covered my Empire of the Wheel books (Fontana, Yucaipa, Rialto, Redlands, Highland) -- except the San Bernardino paper. They have completely ignored me, lol. :)

Interesting. I like Micah because he seems confident, well spoken, courteous, and knowledgeable. Not a lot of ums, ahs, I dunno going on. Maybe that's why he came across as pretentious to @Gajejean. I think that's too bad because even though I don't know Michah personally, generally speaking, differing opinions aside, he comes across as OK to me. So if I might ask for some advice, what approach to a podcast would you suggest to avoid the pitfalls you mention? Obviously, more dialog and less lecturing might be advisable. Anything else? Is there a particular podcast that you find to be really good and can link me to that I might review as an example?

Last edited:
Interesting. I like Micah because he seems confident, well spoken, courteous, and knowledgeable. Not a lot of ums, ahs, I dunno going on. Maybe that's why he came across as pretentious to @Gajejean. I think that's too bad because even though I don't know Michah personally, generally speaking, differing opinions aside, he comes across as OK to me. So if I might ask for some advice, what approach to a podcast would you suggest to avoid the pitfalls you mention? Obviously, more dialog and less lecturing might be advisable. Anything else? Is there a particular podcast that you find to be really good and can link me to that I might review as an example?

Yeah, I'm OK with Micah, too. Personally I'm tired of the ranters who bitch about someone's vocal tone or conversational style. Some guy on a vid I did not produce of my speech at the con in Texas was complaining about my vocals. Jesus, really guy? And the other thing I'm just done with are people who complain about someone's politics. News Alert: We all have differing politics. Micah mentioning Rush Limbaugh is not cause for alarm or disdain, just let it roll by. Getting worked up over something like that says more about the complainer than it does the person they're bitching about. Ranting about politics on social media is so friggin' stale. And the insistence on 'short answers'?? What the hell is that about? Half the reason for listening to interviews is just to kick back and enjoy the journey of discussion. Anyway, don't worry about one person's peculiar reactionary point of view, just do your show your way, I say. Let the guests be themselves and if a few spastics disapprove, they can simply not listen. :)

Yeah, I'm OK with Micah, too. Personally I'm tired of the ranters who bitch about someone's vocal tone or conversational style. Some guy on a vid I did not produce of my speech at the con in Texas was complaining about my vocals. Jesus, really guy? And the other thing I'm just done with are people who complain about someone's politics. News Alert: We all have differing politics. Micah mentioning Rush Limbaugh is not cause for alarm or disdain, just let it roll by. Getting worked up over something like that says more about the complainer than it does the person they're bitching about. Ranting about politics on social media is so friggin' stale. And the insistence on 'short answers'?? What the hell is that about? Half the reason for listening to interviews is just to kick back and enjoy the journey of discussion. Anyway, don't worry about one person's peculiar reactionary point of view, just do your show your way, I say. Let the guests be themselves and if a few spastics disapprove, they can simply not listen. :)
Ditto,he's a bit wordy but I prefer that to someone with a limited vocabulary.

Good grief. We "spastics", who in my case only said that Hanks is longwinded and probably does not intentionally convey what can be perceived as arrogance (obviously I dont think he is arrogant, thus my qualification of my statement), are now the bane of podcast forums. These are all just opinions, to which Some are apparently entitled, while those who disagree are now labelled "spastics". There are many guests I do not like to hear, thus I tune out, just as I said I do when I have had enough of extremely long-winded, wordy answers - from anyone. This says nothing of who Hanks really is. I am southern too - and like music (Hanks is great musician), and I like Rush Limbaugh, and I am fascinated by offbeat subject matter, so I bet I have more to like about Hanks than not. My comment was only about speaking style, which in my "spastic" *opinion* (which I apparently shouldn't dare voice) is valid commentary. As for politics, it is so laced with hypocrisy, half-truths, and often horrible logic and factual errors (from all political points of view), that I just hate having to tune in and out to avoid it on a show like the *Para*cast which is high among shows which deal with the paranormal (usually). I am now tired of my own longwindedness - but I am still a nice, albeit now "spastic", guy

Mr. Hanks would undoubtedly make for a well-informed & likeable auctioneer. And now, I will be going.., going.., gone.., up, and into the ether whence I came.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back