• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

At long last: Gravity

a major discovery one that will fundamentally change our view of the universe!

And even more important the news item i watched today talked about the practical applications that will flow from this, Just as Hertz had no idea when he made his discovery that today we would use Wifi to interconnect everything

I've read additional news that Segways this to scientists applications on being able to build a time machine. The "Nazi Bell" comes to mind.
speaking purely as the reincarnated spirit of my dead 99 yr old grandmother, who saw ghosts and chased them out of her house routinely, tales of the Nazi Bell Time Machines are on the same shelf beside Grimms' Fairy Tales in my library.
1.post.png

but i agree, that this discovery is certainly the next step towards doing exactly what UFO's do. no real evidence of our ability to bend space & time exists as far i know. perhaps this will change some time in the past after we figure out how to do it some time in the future. like Little Red when she figured out how to kill the wolf for herself, a whole new story will be written for us when we learn how to fully interact with gravity.

Last edited:
So does anybody know if this recent discovery...which needs to be replicated...would prove or bolster the theory about the presence of gravitons? I haven't seen any mention of this elsewhere.

So does anybody know if this recent discovery...which needs to be replicated...would prove or bolster the theory about the presence of gravitons? I haven't seen any mention of this elsewhere.
no, Wade, the graviton remains elusive and is still theoretical. LIGO though is very confident in identifying they have detected gravitational waves from their chirp. Detecting the theoretical quantized unit is still something being worked on feverishly.

Even to a thinking lay person, the implications of this are profound. Imagine a toroidal structure of even "normal" matter. Imagine also the entire toroid is "spinning" in on itself in a way such that, if a slice of cross section of the toroid were observed, it would be in fast rotation. (Perhaps physics has a proper term for this type of motion ?) The principal of gravitational waves and frame dragging mean that an object passing through the toroid's center would increase in velocity and yet experience no subjective sense of acceleration. Amazing.

Back