• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Official funny stuff — Part 2

I love you mike, not 'offended'.. But this is really unfunny.:(

Thats OK comedy is relative, and its often used as a way to take the pain out of something that is otherwise just terrible.

Be it NASA stands for need another seven astronauts, or this guys take on suicide bombers

Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

Last edited by a moderator:
funny3.jpg
Speaking of Star Wars.I apologise in advance for the language but I nearly died laughing on receipt of this.IMG-20151223-WA0001.jpg

Thats OK comedy is relative, and its often used as a way to take the pain out of something that is otherwise just terrible.

Be it NASA stands for need another seven astronauts, or this guys take on suicide bombers

I totally get the humor it's just not very fun!
Complete agreement about comedy.
EDIT- just saying I find the visual of that one meme off putting..I do appreciate dark snarkasm:cool:

Last edited:
I totally get the humor it's just not very fun!
Complete agreement about comedy.
EDIT- just saying I find the visual of that one meme off putting..I do appreciate dark snarkasm:cool:
SUPER EDIT- I just wanted to be abundantly clear that I am in no way offended, outraged, or upset about you, the post, or you posting the post.

I get that, no worries. Comedy is a very strange human thing, As Valentine Micheal Smith finally groked in Heinleins stranger in a strange land.

“No, that’s the point. I grok people. I am people... so now I
can say it in people-talk. I’ve found out why people laugh. They
laugh because it hurts so much... because it’s the only thing
that’ll make it stop hurting. [...] That poor little monk.”
“Which one, dear? I thought that big one was just mean... and
the one I flipped the peanut to turned out to be just as mean.
There certainly wasn’t anything funny.”
“Jill, Jill my darling! Too much Martian has rubbed off on you.
Of course it wasn’t funny; it was tragic. That’s why I had to
laugh. I looked at a cageful of monkeys and suddenly I saw all
the mean and cruel and utterly unexplainable things I’ve seen
and heard and read about in the time I’ve been with my own
people—and suddenly I hurt so much I found myself laughing.”
From the uncut 1991 edition, pp. 357-9,

http://people.cs.umass.edu/~barring/uu/service07/heinlein.pdf

Terrorism isnt funny, strapping explosives to your kid isnt funny, its tragic.
And yet.... laughing at that is very human, its a valid coping mechanism

From the comments section

Liveleak opposes racial slurs - if you do spot comments that fall into this category, please report them for us to review. lol and the funny part is i found this video is racist against 2 billion people in earth

Really...where was this funny?

Not very funny.

offensive, stay in school

This is comedy, right?

Last edited by a moderator:
I love you mike, not 'offended'.. But this is really unfunny.:(

I agree that it is deathly serious and illustrates a despicable factor in the behaviour of jihadist groups but I think the sentiment of the words, decrying the ridiculous waste of lives and potential, makes this a valid piece of social commentary/humour. It's not ha ha funny but it's totally outrageous and ridiculous funny. One thing that gets me most about the young suicide bombers is that the people who put them up to it, never strap on a vest themselves. Surely if they genuinely believed it would make them martyrs and go straight to heaven etc, they'd be first in line?

I agree that it is deathly serious and illustrates a despicable factor in the behaviour of jihadist groups but I think the sentiment of the words, decrying the ridiculous waste of lives and potential, makes this a valid piece of social commentary/humour. It's not ha ha funny but it's totally outrageous and ridiculous funny. One thing that gets me most about the young suicide bombers is that the people who put them up to it, never strap on a vest themselves. Surely if they genuinely believed it would make them martyrs and go straight to heaven etc, they'd be first in line?
Just saying I face palmed instead of laughing:oops: whereas the 2 liter of ginger sketch made me gigglepuss (not to be confused with Cookiepuss)

I got bitten by a red back once, that was an experience

But True story.

Guy gets up one morning dresses for work, put on his shoes and walks 15 mins to local train station (Thornleigh) Travels 20 mins on train to destination station (Wynard) walks 8 mins to his office. Starts work at 8:30. At 10:30 he gets up to make a coffee...... The funnelweb spider in his shoe the whole time bites him. Are you wearing shoes ? how long since you put them on ?........................

Back