• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

RIP Dr. Edgar Mitchell

Very sad. I didn't necessarily agree with some of what Dr Mitchell said publicly but I really respected him for stating he'd been told UFOS are real etc. I think he was more honest than some other astronauts in admitting how much the experience may have changed him and opened him up to non-standard possibilities regarding reality and consciousness etc.
I hope other astronauts take up where he left off, because astronauts must be the single most rigorously tested set of humans ever in terms of physical health and mental fitness. If we can't accept the word of an astronaut then we can't accept anyone's word period.

Godspeed Edgar.

Well worth reading Edgar's obituary on the Institute of Noetic Sciences' website.

Quote:

The experience [an epiphany he had looking at Earth from space] led him to a startling hypothesis: Perhaps reality is more complex, subtle, and inexorably mysterious than conventional science had led him to believe. Perhaps a deeper understanding of consciousness could lead to a new and expanded view of reality in which objective and subjective, outer and inner, are understood as complementary aspects of the miracle and mystery of being.

In Memoriam: Edgar Mitchell, ScD, PhD | Institute of Noetic Sciences

Edgar Mitchell was something of an American and even a global treasure. I like to think all of the Apollo astronauts' world views were deeply changed, and that Mitchell was simply the most erudite and honest about it all.

Back