• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Your Paracast Newsletter — November 29, 2015

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
THE PARACAST NEWSLETTER
November 29, 2015
www.theparacast.com

We Explore UFO Abduction Research with Kathleen Marden on The Paracast

The Paracast is heard Sundays from 3:00 AM until 6:00 AM Central Time on the GCN Radio Network and affiliates around the USA, the Boost Radio Network, the IRN Internet Radio Network, and online across the globe via download and on-demand streaming.

A PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! We have another radio show, and for a low subscription fee, you will receive access to After The Paracast, plus a higher-quality version of The Paracast without the network ads, and chat rooms when you sign up for The Paracast+. NEW! We’ve added an RSS feed for fast updates of the latest episodes and we give free ebooks for long-term subscriptions. A Paracast+ video channel is coming soon. Check out our new “Lifetime” membership! For more information about our premium package, please visit: Introducing The Paracast+ | The Paracast — The Gold Standard of Paranormal Radio.

This Week's Episode: Gene and Chris present a nuanced view of the controversial subject of UFO abductions with noted researcher Kathleen Marden. She’ll focus heavily on investigative methods that include forensic hypnosis of those who claim to have been abducted, and she will also talk about the mistakes made by some investigators, who are untrained in the proper techniques of retrieving information, which may contaminate the results. Madden is a professional ufologist known around the world for her work as an alien abduction/ET contact researcher, author and lecturer. She is associated with the Mutual UFO Network, as Director of Experiencer Research, and the Foundation for Research into Extraterrestrial Encounters.

Chris O’Brien’s Site: Our Strange Planet

Kathleen Marden’s Site: KathleenMardenUFO

After The Paracast -- Available exclusively to Paracast+ subscribers on November 29:Caution: This episode is PG-13! We talk about the lack of money, the inability to support oneself from paranormal research. Returning to the UFO abduction scenario, Chris points to the fact that he has only encountered a few of those cases during his years of research in the San Luis Valley. He goes on to remind us of the possible trickster aspects to abductions, that we are possibly being manipulated and taken down a primrose path. He goes on to point out that humans may be the most detrimental species on Earth, what with all the violence that we do, and it’s not that alleged “higher beings” are doing anything to help. The discussion moves to the sad state of politics, where our leaders are all bought and paid for and do nothing to help and uplift regular people. Worse, the focus on the agony of simply surviving is, according to Chris, far more important than dwellin g on the paranormal even if much of it is real.

Reminder: Please don't forget to visit our famous Paracast Community Forums for the latest news/views/debates on all things paranormal: The Paracast Community Forums.

UFOs and History
By Gene Steinberg

It was never a secret, but UFOs in various shapes and sizes appear to have been seen almost throughout recorded history. However, the subject became popular as a cultural phenomenon mainly as the result of the sightings flap that included Kenneth Arnold’s famous 1947 encounter. So it stands to reason that many believed that to be beginning.

But UFOs may also involve the “foo fighters” during World War II and the “ghost rockets” that were observed after the war’s end. Yes, I’m aware of the theory that “ghost rockets” were a ploy by the U.S. and its allies to spook the Russians.

Nonetheless, if we’re being visited by beings from somewhere else, they didn’t necessarily start coming in the mid-20th century. Some researchers have theorized that the phenomenon dates back to Biblical times.

One of the earliest books to look at the possible presence of advanced aircraft in ancient times, and the beings that piloted them, was “Flying Saucers Have Landed,” by Desmond Leslie and George Adamski. But I’m not referring to Adamski’s controversial and unproven claims of meeting an extraterrestrial in the California desert in 1952.

It was the first part of the book, from Leslie, which contained some of the earliest speculation about possible ancient astronauts. Over the years, other writers presented their own variations on the theme.

So in the late 1950s, Jim Moseley’s Saucer News presented some dense articles under the collective title of “Extraterrestrial as an Historical Doctrine,” written by a fascinating character who used the name Y.N. ibn A’haron. Otherwise known Yonah Fortner, he was a scholar, trained as a Rabbi, who claimed to be conversant in a couple of dozen languages that included Sanskrit.

Yonah theorized that Jehovah, the God of the Old Testament, was a visitor from another planet. He claimed to have relied, to some degree, on original untranslated texts to verify his point of view.

In passing, I’m reminded of the concept behind the “Stargate” movie and TV shows.

I liked Yonah. He was fun to talk to, but as Moseley often told me, you never knew if Yonah was putting you on. In my presence he’d read passages from documents in one language or another, but I had no way of knowing if he wasn’t just reciting gibberish.

Towards the end of his life, Yonah called me one day from his Los Angeles home and asked if I’d like to take some old sci-fi magazines off his hands. I said yes. We talked for a while before he surprisingly claimed to be a friend of George Lucas, and that the Star Wars character, Yoda, was based on him. I’ll withhold comment.

Unfortunately you won’t find much online about Yonah. I did happen across a reference to an article he wrote about the supposed abuse of disabled Jews. Yonah contracted polio as a child and was mostly wheelchair bound.

As I said, Yonah’s articles were particularly dense and thus the main points may have been lost on the casual reader. More popular books on the subject, such as the works of Brinkley Le Poer Trench, a British Earl, received more attention. When hotelkeeper Erich von Daniken joined the fray, theories about ancient astronauts really became popular.

Now, if you consider how flying saucers may have been described by people in the distant past, based on their culture and beliefs, you can find a rich collection of possible sightings through the ages. A number of books mostly concentrated on sightings rather than speculate about whether we had ancient astronauts in our midst. A recent example is “Return to Magonia: Investigating UFOs in History,”by Chris Aubeck and Martin Shough.

If those UFOs are from the same sources as the objects seen in modern times, it raises a host of questions. First and foremost is the prospect that, whatever their origin, we have been under observation by “something” for centuries.

That raises all sorts of intriguing questions. Is there a connection between the UFOnauts and humans? What about the possibility that humanity was actually seeded by ET, or that they engaged in some sort of generic modification of a local species to create — us?

While I am not about to step on anyone’s religion, what about the descriptions in ancient texts of our interactions with advanced beings? Certainly more primitive humans might have regarded those beings as heavenly creatures. It may even be possible that ET allowed humans to regard them in that fashion out of convenience, or to misdirect us, for reasons best known to themselves.

But what about UFO abductions? If ET already knows all about us, why bother to kidnap humans and perform sometimes painful experiments on them? What about those who claim some sort of interaction with aliens that doesn’t involve an abduction?

If ET knows about us already, why the play-acting? Indeed, are recollections of interactions with our visitors actually representative of dreams, or perhaps a sort of racial memory, rather than present-day physical meetings? Could it be that the abduction scenario doesn’t actually represent encounters with aliens, or what we assume to be aliens? Perhaps we interpret such encounters with the unknown as being related to ET because we filter it in a way that makes it more or less comprehensible.

Yes, I know that abduction researchers have reached different conclusions about the intent of the abductors. One theory has it that ET is actively creating a hybrid race that will slowly infiltrate the populace. The prelude to an invasion? Well, that’s the most controversial and disturbing theory of all.

Besides, if ET has been here for hundreds or thousands of years, why would it take so long for them to put their conspiracy in motion? Even if they had a hostile intent, we could have been taken over long before now, perhaps without even knowing it.

The problem with theories about the motives of ET is that we have not as yet proven that such beings are among us. Even if the higher beings or aliens that we believe we’ve contacted tell us about their intent, why believe them? Because they are more advanced than we are? That doesn’t mean they are incapable of lying.

Maybe we should be comforted by the fact that, even though UFOs have been around for a very long time, they do not seem to have treated us as as badly as we treat our fellow humans. In other words, they do not appear to be displaying any of the hostile behavior of which we are so capable. That should be comforting, except for those abductions, of course. If those encounters are what they seem to be, that’s hardly evidence of peaceful intent.

Copyright 1999-2015 The Paracast LLC. All Rights Reserved.

Privacy Policy: Your personal information is safe with us. We will positively never give out your name and/or e-mail address to anybody else, and that's a promise!

Back