• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Alien Abductions, Child Sexual Abuse & Sleep Paralysis

What do you think is the origin of alien abductions?

• Total voters
I'm only interested in knowing what really happened to these people, that's all. That's why civilian investigators have no business trying to deal with such questions. It's why Jacobs should have dropped the Emma Woods case like a hot potato. He had no business getting involved (his statement on his site seems to indicate he came to that realization after too many sessions), which is more or less what I've always said. Whether or not she's wacky is another issue (I think she is based on her behavior). Nobody with years and years of experiences that evidently include sexual interactions with "them" comes out unscathed even if they think they're normal.
I agree with you that civilians shouldn't be on the front line of this issue but I also see where it's bound to happen since scientist are too chicken shit to step up and study it. It's my huge beef with people who wave the science wand....it looks nice, sounds nice but no show. A couple of years ago I started going over older work/research by credible people who garnered the attention of radio shows, magazines and a few government officials. But true science went missing. Voids will be filled either in honest attempts to get to the heart of it or in money grubbing leaches. I believe Hopkins , Jacobs and Mack did enter this field with honest intent. I also believe people back then thought hypnosis would work. Obviously it doesn't help that conclusions we're made based off their limited studies but I see to some degree where they could come to this. I just wish Jacobs could step back and look at the various work on this subject and see the conflicts to what he thinks is going on. But Jacobs isn't the last word on this subject, there will be more done in future years. (I guess?)
Btw, there is never anything said about the therapist who refered Woods to Jacobs. Nothing, Nada, Zilch. Why? It could be assumed that this reference validated Jacobs determination to help her for a stretch only to realize he totally misjudged his client and his abilities. This therapist was/is a professional who should have known his clients state of mind and if she was vulnerable and not stable how on earth was this professional without providing her further delusions?

Last edited:
Jacobs is clearly in the twilight of his career. I would hope he will allow others to look over his work and methodology — same for the late Budd Hopkins — and attempt to develop better ways of dealing with the abduction phenomenon.

I clearly remember the abduction!! experiences I had as a child.As that child I thought my abductor was an evil Goblin,having no knowledge back then of the concept of aliens.If I was to undergo hypnotic regression surely my memories would be contaminated by my life experiences.Or does anyone know of a way around that problem?'

Really not sure what advice to give about your particular experience you know what it's like could be best just left alone or it could be best to see what actually transpired but you know your self what's rite to do mate .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I clearly remember the abduction!! experiences I had as a child.As that child I thought my abductor was an evil Goblin,having no knowledge back then of the concept of aliens.If I was to undergo hypnotic regression surely my memories would be contaminated by my life experiences.Or does anyone know of a way around that problem?'

As someone who works as a therapist I would recommend finding a therapist over having regression done. Regression does not give more accurate recall then conscious recall. Find a therapist who uses empirically backed practices and work on any trauma or on going issues that can be traced to the abductions.

As someone who works as a therapist I would recommend finding a therapist over having regression done. Regression does not give more accurate recall then conscious recall. Find a therapist who uses empirically backed practices and work on any trauma or on going issues that can be traced to the abductions.
I dont have trauma or on going issues I'm aware of.Very happy childhood,don't drink smoke or do drugs of any kind.Sleep well though occasionally experience sleep paralysis which I believe may be the root of my childhood"abductions".Lead a normal ordinary life.

Back