• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Religious Artifact Autopsy

Scientology is proof that anyone can be fooled into believing anything. I did look into it years ago, and on the surface they talk a good game, but in actual practice, I'd rather go see a witch doctor.
At least it would be more entertaining, and hell, the witch doctor might actually be able to do something for me.:p

Makes you wonder how safe the new ones are. Obviously this thing was dangerous when plugged into a wall socket in charge mode. I wonder how many fires those old ones started? It would really be interesting to see an autopsy of a new model to see how many laws, regulations, or guidelines it breaks.

Holy Sh*t that thing is bloody crude and dangerous!

Obviously this thing was dangerous when plugged into a wall socket in charge mode
That way of charging is universally outlawed as the the risk of shock while charging is extremely high not to mention the possibility of exploding, I know he states this but hell as a tech that thing is a monstrosity. I would sooner hold onto the output of an old direct transforming amp than that thing as I know it would do.. hurt but not kill me.

Having said that it is what I always thought it would probably be a very crude multimeter, or tube tester .. I have one here for testing old tubes for guitar amps.

It kind of explains a lot about Tom Cruise though.

I think it puts anything asserted by Scientology in the proper light. Here you have an unsafe, illegal, and absurdly primitive prop that they are passing off as a central component of their religious rite and ritual "tech" (what a laugh) and they expect people to believe their science fiction spiritual mumbo-jumbo. Amazing.

That 'church' tried to convert me as a young 19 year-old tourist in Hollywood. They were indeed adept at not mentioning scientology even once! Wasn't until I'd smelled a rat that I even realised that I had just been put through a sham attempt at convincing me there was something extremely wrong with my life and they had the answers to fix me!

I detest that cult and people like Tom Cruise are just plain stupid and gullible. All this crap with Katie Holmes divorcing Tom to 'get Suri away from Tom's scientology friends' makes me angry. Did she even try to find out about scientology before agreeing to marry Tom or was the opportunity to climb the celebrity ladder to tempting and she turned a blind eye to having a child with a man enmeshed in a silly sci-fi cult?
(if there are any members who are in the scientology cult, then I feel sorry for them, 'they know not what they do.....');)

i prefer the raelians.those dudes are just mental where as the scientologists are just sinister.

It might be entertaining ( for me ) to become the focus of a high level female Raëlian recruiting team. Unfortunately I only ever get JWs, Mormons ... and today it got kicked down another notch to Islam ( Ahmadi ).

The E-meter is a galvanometer or Ohm Meter. It measures resistance. 43 years ago I had one of their TRAINED auditors do it to me in Sacramento. At the time my brother was joining their third largest 'church' (I almost typed crutch.) and within two years he was their head of auditing - his title amazingly truthful. That title was the same one Adolph Eichmann had - Director of Processing.

Any way, the auditor told me I had this and that soulful issue based on this and that. I told him his ideas of soul were one of three main ideologies which Hubbard stole from and explained the science behind his crude tool which might work on frog's legs but provided no insight to the human mind or ego. I told him he should attach the meter to himself as he started to turn red and almost scream. I said he would discover more about himself than he could handle, and laughed.

In the seminar on Communication - it was a lecture which is by definition one way and not communicative, I listened intently. After the seminar the sheople asked me what I thought. As I went through their chart (It was much simpler then - before Ron and the rest were going the alien route full tilt.) and explained what ideologies it was taken from. A little military hierarchy, a lot of Hinduism, a dash of Crowley (which became more a part of it.) and all in all a hodgepodge of some good psychology like Gestalt and Transactional analysis. There was half of the class or ten people of all ages asking me to be their guru.

The Horror of Scientology

Last edited:
Back