• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Babbler bird calls 'convey meaning'

This makes perfect sense. I've always felt birds possessed extrasensory abilities given that many species travel in packs and fly together with such formation as to suggest communication. To finally see some tangible evidence of communication is truly interesting and may benefit us in understanding how other creatures communicate.

I am fascinated by communication using sound, but I can not wait until we have a greater understanding of visual communication, for example Bees can convey extremely complex information using "dancing"* But I want to know what animals like Chameleons or
Cephalopods are capable of.

I also wonder about "Telepathic" communication between animals, especially animals who's hunting strategy depends on stealth or suprise, like Lions.

One other thing I am fascinated by is what do animals with "extra" sense "see", for example whales use sound to help them hunt (echo location/sonar) but how is this information processed? do they have some kind of HUD* or do they just feel where the target is, a bit like when we have an itch, but don't need to look to scratch it? Sharks have a similar system using "electroreception" and I believe that Rattle snakes have "thermal imaging" capabilities.

Do Humans have these abilities laying dormant in their genes? or did we lose them somewhere along the path?

**Heads Up Display (Head-up display - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

F-18_HUD_gun_symbology.jpeg

Back