• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

UFO Sighting over Joshua Tree at Daytime -- Triangle -- August 27, 2014

We were at the Joshua Tree Retreat Center, and had just seen two ravens fly into area over the ravine and climb opposite each other in a spiral for almost 1000 feet, then fly to the west.

Here, we're talking about what we saw, not having a clue as to what was going on in the background.

It wasn't until I played back the videos from the trip a few days later that I saw what was there...

...a faint formation of lights develop to the right side of his head, the same level as the baseball cap, and a little above right of the large cloud bank behind him.

A diagonal of three lights appear, eventually turning into a triangle formation of three lights.

I included slow motion, enhanced and close up in one clip this time not to overwhelm.

Clouds don't make equilateral triangles like that.

I don't see it, even in the close-up view. Could be old age....

I think it is cloud forming and dissipating.
The triangle is only there from one point/angle of view, for a brief time, all those clouds could have been at different distance's from the camera, and just aliened briefly, in 2D theres no depth, your other vid could of been interesting, but the shaking make's it little more than worthless, WHICH is a shame because that UAP looks interesting.

I'm not sure how else I can say this, but I had no idea any of the activity was happening in the background when I was filming.

There is another larger triangle forming on the other side by the way.

I don't really have a huge need to prove anything here, just sharing. I'm not sure what the point in calling "it" worthless. The experience we had before it was "worth it" alone... This UAP is only icing on the cake.

No one plans for these things, which is why there is no cinematography award for UFO sightings. Very hard to plan for...especially when you're not expecting to happen in the first place... as happened here.

I paused the video at 1:20 and took this screen capture that clearly shows multiple shape shifting sheep UFOs, diamond shaped ufos, a mothership, some particle beam attacks, and much much more. Who needs Ray when you have pixelsmith?
attack.jpg
I see alot of glare on the lens and other artifacts. This is not the same screen shot of the triangle next to the subjects head though. Two different times.

Cool screen capture though! Thanks!

True, you did not imply it was ET, just three lights, and apologies for my flippancy. I can be that way. Thanks for posting the raw clip and for sharing the landscape - absolutely stunning territory with some wicked vegetation. Looks like you had a great time!

I agree with you about creative participation - it is what makes the forum exciting and interesting, no doubt about it. I like the spirit of what you are saying here in terms of benefits of a generous environment, but it's also an environment of personalities and opinions. Conflict in degrees is to be expected and sometimes friction yields interesting results, as we know.

I looked at this new clip and want to point out two other elements. Not only does the right side of the triangle have an extra white point but later, as we wait for the lower left point to form I see that the left side also has a near midpoint white point that shows and joins the nearby cloud. I also want to point out that just to the bottom right of this triangular formation there is in fact another equidistant triangle that is definitely clouds with odd shaped points but still fairly equidistant. It's a shame there's no more footage following the formation of the three points to see what further shape changes might yield. Without this I would say your best image is that last frame of the triangle, but because of what precedes it I'm still hanging my opinion on clouds.

Try examining the blow ups and even study a slow motion blow up of the region as those processes alone are still of value just to work through and to make observations along with your own analysis. Please continue to post in the spirit of curiosity. Be well.

Thanks Burnt State...

I had to take a break for a bit because I had a very difficult time being labeled a "hoaxster" from simply posting a video. Especially from ones who asked NO QUESTIONS whatsoever.

Kind of defeats the purpose of a forum. If I want to be accused for something I didn't do, there are plenty more fun ways to create that.

BTW, thanks for pointing out the extra points in the right triangle. I saw those at first too...I just found myself arguing with a few about "what really happened" even though they weren't there, and it got lost in the shuffle.

What's interesting is several months later, I finally saw the other larger triangle forming on the other side of his head as well. Some of these videos are like delayed reaction, partially because it takes awhile to really let the obvious sink in.

Thanks for your thoughts, and I will continue to post here. I've had two more captures since the summer. Hope you can check them out.

I did nothing to enhance this image in photoshop, it is a screen grab from the video, you can easily stop it at 1:20 and see for yourself... why are we discussing 3 little dots when we have this invasion to discuss?
LOL

Like I just mentioned, these videos can have a bit of a delayed reaction quality to them.

I can't believe I missed the invasion at 1:20. lol

I seriously think its lens glare there, but the triangles by the head are not.

I don't see it, even in the close-up view. Could be old age....
This can be difficult to see if you are not looking in the right area.

This is what makes this capture so interesting. People who respond to it are ALL OVER THE PLACE. lol

Some dont see it at all.
Some see it and see clouds.
Some see it and see the orbs.
Some see it and think the orbs are created by "yours truly"...(couldn't in a million years)

And even I didn't see the second triangle on the other side til recently

The reason that was repeated was because you appeared to be confused about Burnt State's comment indicating that what the camera was 'seeing' would be 'flattened' into 2D. You responded that you were in a 3D situation - suggesting that you didn't understand the point Burnt was making. I then stressed that the camera sees in 2D - so that the supposed 'triangle' could be a mere fluke picked up by the camera seeing it as a 2D event but with no real triangle existing in a single plane. (we cannot assess distance in the video). I think this is escaping you - though now you answer as though you understand this point.

No. That didn't escape me. I just didn't really think it was relevant. I've seen several sky anomalies, but have never seen clouds form three dots in a distinct triangle. One of them could have been not on the same plane as the others, but that really doesn't make much difference nor determine any "truth" to my hoaxing it, like you were accusing me of so earnestly.

I think you said you were looking for "analysis" of your video. After years and years of editing video I'm giving you my analysis. If we're talking about an alien craft in the sky I don't see how you could over-analyze as the other options would be flippant dismissal, a head shake, or immediate belief. I don't personally ever go for those options.

When you say it baffles you maybe it's because you're stuck on that final image of the three points that are equadistant, which as I said can happen during small cloud formation and dissolution quite commonly. Do you not feel that a this analysis of the shifts in cloud growth and shrinkage are not accurate? For example there is a fourth point that shows up very early on in looking at the triangle area that makes three point in a line on what would be the right side of your triangle but that also dissapates or joins the larger clued beside it and as the bottom left hand corner point does not form till later it strikes me that what we are looking at is simple cloud formation.

As you said it's low res so that makes it very hard to see much. But if you are interested in pursuing the analysis as that is what you want, right? Then I'd suggest blowing up individual frames in a succession during critical points in the video, exporting those single frames as a tiff not a jpeg to get lossless resolution, take them into Photoshop and then complete both a pixel count of the three points and a shape, opacity & colour comparison. If you found uniformity in shape, volume and even colour density then i'd be willing to say you have something anomalous worth a second look and further analysis.

Unfortunately this new video is not accessible to me to view.

Thanks for mentioning some steps to do further analysis.

Like I've mentioned before, the discussion became rather convoluted after realizing I was being accused of "fixing" this. That was what was truly baffling to me. It became difficult to hear what you were saying as a result.

While more analysis has been done by others, and while there is certainly not a consensus on what this is, no one else I've run it by has outright accused me of hoaxing this. More on that later.

ON THE JOSHUA TREE SIGHTING...SEVERAL MONTHS LATER

Thanks to all who had some constructive words to contribute regarding this capture.

I have to say that I was a bit taken aback at first by those who outright accused me of faking or hoaxing this, but it gave me some experience in how to deal with people who are really not ready for this topic. It's all learning, and I really appreciate that.

After I posted here, I went on a journey to run this clip by several other researchers, including Stanton Friedman, an associate of his, a rather well known UFO researcher/filmmaker, the head of the Joshua Tree Retreat Center (where it was filmed) and a few others.

While the consensus was not 100% across the board, NONE of these "professionals/experts" who are supposedly supposed to know so much more than us (?) that I shared this with thought I hoaxed it or made it up with CGI.

One reminded me that there are several occasions where craft shroud themselves in clouds. Is that happening here? I don't know. I never said anything about "craft". But clouds don't flicker like that, nor form triangles that last for several seconds without breaking apart.

As it stands, the experience that happened BEFORE the video was shooting, with the ravens, was the real magical event... No one seemed to be accusing me of lying about that.

Whatever... It's all good. I share these experiences here to share, and to hear of other's experiences. It's not a competition. I'm not here to prove anything or obtain approval. I just want to share and hear of other's experiences.

One can only spend so much time arguing about whether its a plane, cloud, pixelation, camera movement or CGI. The need to be "right" can be a hindrance to finding out more information. In this case, it has been several months, and only a few weeks ago after looking again did I see the much larger triangle forming on the other side of his head!

I've experienced two more captures since then, one in San Simeon and the other in Topanga Canyon. Neither are planes, insects or balloons. Hope those who can check them out can tell me if they've seen anything similar.

Thanks

You've never answered this question. Care to?

I'm not sure if you caught the post of the full unlisted clip of this video from start to finish...from the time that I pushed the record button to stop.

When you see it, the camera is all over the place in the beginning. I was filming in a rather experimental mode with an intention to capture "the moment" we were experiencing at the time after encountering the ravens. Nothing more.

Once I got him in frame, I was more paying attention to him speaking with an occasional look in the viewfinder. The camera shakes, partially because I wasn't shooting with a tripod, partially because I have nerve damage in my shoulder from an accident (so the camera will oftentimes twitch when I try to film something without an tripod), and partially because I wasn't watching the viewfinder the whole time while shooting.

There's really not much more to it than that. The camera moves because of several reasons, "creating dots that form triangles in the sky" not being one of them. There is no way to create triangles in the sky by moving a camera.

Why is this question so important to you, Tyger?

'So' important? You wanted questions to be asked. I asked one - now the question is 'so' important?

Does the question cause you discomfort?

I've answered and addressed your questions and assertions regarding camera movements SEVERAL times.

When you decided to ask me again in the tone you did, it appeared to be quite important to you.

Which is why I asked.

No. The question doesn't cause me discomfort so much as it being asked again and again.

I hope I answered your question this time round.

Back