• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Is Monsanto the "World's Most Evil Corporation?"

Christopher O'Brien

Back in the Saddle Aginn
Staff member
[Is this simple biased "frankenfood" hysteria, or should we be afraid—REALLY afraid? Hmmm —chris]

"Of all the mega-corps running amok, Monsanto has consistently outperformed its rivals, earning the crown as “most evil corporation on Earth!” Not content to simply rest upon its throne of death, atop a mountain of rotting corpses, it remains focused on newer, more scientifically innovative ways to harm the planet and its people.

"As true champions of evil, they won’t stop until…well, until they’re stopped! But what is Monsanto and how did they get to be so obscenely evil in the first place? I think that’s the best place to start this journey, so grab a few non-GMO snacks or beverages and let’s go for a ride into the deep, murky sewers of their dark past."
[You can't say you weren't warned...] Read the REST OF THE ARTICLE HERE: If you dare... :eek:

I'm so sick of this "Koch Brothers" meme.

They are small fry compared to the big corporate foundations.

I wish people would educate themselves about the corporate foundations, but that would require actual study. Far too much work compared to watching television or flipping the car radio to NPR state media. The resulting society is predictably tragic, but deserved.

I'm so sick of this "Koch Brothers" meme.

They are small fry compared to the big corporate foundations.

I wish people would educate themselves about the corporate foundations, but that would require actual study. Far too much work compared to watching television or flipping the car radio to NPR state media. The resulting society is predictably tragic, but deserved.

Meme? No I gave my personal opinion. The Koch Bros. make sure that oil is the dominant force in automotive products in the US. They would like to make sure that no one can buy an electric car or even afford one. Maybe you can afford a Tesla or a Volt but I can't. Forget any other alternative energy source for vehicles because they will do their best to undermine them. They like the idea of the Keystone Pipeline. If it's such a great idea, why not built it at the border instead of grabbing private property in other areas? After all, that oil isn't going in American cars. It's going to be shipped overseas. And if built, you know at some point there will be oil spills that go into water ways or ground water. Oh and don't forget fracking. Oklahoma now averages an earthquake a day due to this. Wait until a really large one takes out someplace like Tulsa and see if anything gets done. Not to mention groundwater pollution of drinking water. Maybe you forgot that plastic comes from petroleum products. Two environmental hazards of great concern are the sea of plastic that is larger than Texas floating around in the Pacific. Next we have microbeads in the water supply. There is some thought that this is a carcinogen.
If you think the Koch Bros. don't meet the definition of "big corporate foundations" you have another thing coming. They have some. Personally speaking, their paying for a few Nova episodes on PBS does not cover the environmental damage they do.
The KBs are active in political groups and doings that support their agenda. One group that worships the ultra rich for some reason is the far right. You will find the KBs funding all sorts of regressive politics at any given time. People like them are the reason that BP can get away with running all those flashy ads about how great it is to vacation in the Gulf while the reality is something quite different due the last oil spill. Or the fact that the Exxon Valdez spill is still not cleaned up. Or that BP can have a large spill in the Great Lakes that contaminates water. Or people like Duke Energy can pour waste into people's drinking water in North Carolina with no real penalty thanks to their lovely governor. The KBs make sure that environmental laws and the EPA are not what they should be in this country by way of continued legislative attacks. They set the tone.
The Koch Bros. are the poster boys for everything that is wrong in this country. The glorification of the rich for no reason. The ability of some to sway the political process simply due to having mostly unlimited funding. Blatant disregard for the environment or people while making money the sole goal. Greed.
What I find predictably tragic is that you think you know what people should do or think or that your opinion matters to me. Hint - it doesn't.

Speaking of memes-n-genes I thought it was fascinating that the SyFy Canadian produced series called Continuum used an anagram for Monsanto in at least one of their episodes this season. I thought it was brilliant -drop-jaw awed over it.

The way GMO development is done by Monsanto is insanely dangerous! Safety protocols and testing is done in-house -not by independent 3rd party or government safety tests or standards. The gene splicing is done by literally firing like a shotgun a blast of the new genes randomly into the DNA chain to splice at random all over the DNA ladder these new "gene implants" into the code. WTF?

The lab rat testing is absolutely pathetic. Worthless. We're screwed.

What's worse is these GMO's can get cross-pollinated into nearby Non-GMO crops and insert their Evil GMO Genes that can then wipe-out the original code if it keeps spreading. We're screwed by Zombie GMO's.

Do NOT buy ANY GMO's until the safety standards and testing are taken completely away from The Evil Monsanto.

Watch the Europeans. At least they are wise to these dangers.

Last edited:
There's a documentary called "Food inc" that I encourage everyone to watch. It's short enough and it boils down the problem easily enough for everyone to understand it but doesn't dumb it down and insult the intelligence of those of us in the audience who already has some knowledge and experience in the subject.

Facebook and Google might become the most evil cooperation in the world if they continue to turn over their private data to the government.

Speaking of memes-n-genes I thought it was fascinating that the SyFy Canadian produced series called Continuum used an anagram for Monsanto in at least one of their episodes this season. I thought it was brilliant -drop-jaw awed over it.
The Continuum Episode was #8 season 3.

From the episode:

Anagram: Sonmanto

"You got the mother of all chemical weapons!"

"...going to poison the whole city."

Ain't it cool, if you like science fiction, watch Continuum.

Last edited:
Monsanto is essentially one player in a much larger socio-economic movement that has had great success in selling the American public a simple formula for perfection: to simply remove
all governmental oversight to leave "free enterprise" unfettered. Any critical thinker will see this as the over simplified cheer leading it really is. We have, unfortunately, many more "sports fans" than cool and critical thinkers in the general population.

American culture has always been prone to the pitfalls of "group think". Since the current zeitgeist--now changing hopefully--is that political balance and compromise are no more than signs of weakness, it's hard to be the "M" word: a Moderate. Advocating for optimal balance somewhere between traditional 'left' and 'right' is a message mostly lost in the noise. Nor does the nature of much our popular media encourage it.

Yeah I was more than happy to vilify Monsanto after that LS-50 debacle, not that they didn't deserve it, and I'm not even a milk drinker, but I can pretty much understand why they need to make their GMO seeds good for only one generation and why they need to protect their patent, less some farmer decide to resell his allotment. I can also understand the reluctance of companies who would rather not put the fact that their product contains a GMO product, such is the revulsion that people have against GMO foods which is ironic because they have been more than happy to stuff their collective gullets with a lot of other crap processed foods that are just as unhealthy, like all those hotdogs that will be consumed this weekend.

It is not just food you should be concerned about. Franken Stein might be a cutie-pie.

To be able to assert that mental or soulful interaction with genetic functions does occur, is no mean or easy thing to prove. In the end anyone is free to say I speculate far too much. But there are facts I bring to bear and some of them are included in this thread.

Consciousness and Shamans - Page 2

Others are more current.

If epigenetics was not done in very ancient times then I am a direct descendant of cow dung being used by Hindus as toothpaste or soap. (See Forbidden a recent TV show) But it is important to be aware of what still goes on and is even more rampant than the use of Scarlet Women inside monasteries and work-houses which are only recently shut down. Designer babies are just the tip of the iceberg. Soon the novelty and fear about genetic manipulation will lessen among humans. In late April of 2015 we saw Chinese scientists had been successful in altering genetic structure as many said ethics would not allow. It is even reported in Business journals so we can be sure money is part of the picture. I know many billionaires will want their offspring for many generations to come, to get 'fixed' up front. What amount it will cost remains to be seen but homo sapiens is not the most advanced human lifeform anymore.

Genetic Modifications - GMO and More

Back