• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

John Brandenburg is back on DMR

Perhaps. Then again, it is well known Reagan was obsessed with the idea of extraterrestrials. There's that famous speech at the UN summit, and it is said he was always asking his staff members to include the "invaders from outer space" tidbit in his speeches.

No clearer evidence could be found about his personal interest on the subject, than the fact that Spielberg was asked to show the film for him on a special projection at the White House ;)

He was using that as a metaphor in his UN speech.

A metaphor delivered by a man who actually witnessed a UFO, at least twice in his life.

Dude, all I'm saying is that you need to look this in the proper context. Even if you're still thinking the guy was joking to Spielberg ;)

I think I'm looking at it in the proper context, but please let me know what you mean, because I could be completely off... that's been know to happen :).
I'm curious as to what makes you think that he meant that the US government had contact, and I don't think that's what he meant... it's always interesting to me how two people can glean completely different ideas from the same information.
This topic is fresh in my mind because of the John Alexander book, so keep in mind his book is weighing on my opinion.

I haven'te read his book yet, although I must say that my opinion of him has improved in the last few years. I still think he's full of it when he claims the government has zero interest in the subject, though ;)

I don't know man. Look at Cameron's Presidential UFOs website. There's good info there re. Reagan and his interest in UFOs.

And for the record, I'm not flat out saying that because of Reagan's comment/joke to Spielberg, we can jump to the conclusion the government has had close contact with ETs. Maybe they do have more info about UFOs than they let us know, but because of it they are actually more confused about them than we are. I'm sure that happened to me in all these years of obsessing with the subject [emoji14]

Back